Daytime Emmy Noms.

MelissaY1

Reaction score
http://www.toughpigs.com/sesame-emmys-2011/

I'm so glad Carroll and Eric got nominated for best performers. Plus, I'm really glad "I Wonder" got a nomination, best song of the season IMO.
I haven't seen any new episodes in their entirety from the current season and the past few, unfortunately, however, I gotta say I am always very proud and happy to hear when Sesame is nominated for and wins so many Emmys every year. It's still the best children's show on television in my opinion,and it floors me how influential it still is after all these years and how it still comes ahead of it's competitors. It's truly unbelievable.

The entire creative team behind the show deserve every moment of it, and that's so awesome about Eric Jacobson being nominated. Was he nominated previously at all? I can't remember.
I think his Grover is phenomenal...never thought I would be happy seeing someone else perform one of my favorite Frank Oz characters, but Eric is spot on with physical performance, delivery of lines, voice, etc.

Drtooth

Reaction score
So... are the nominations for Best Slapdash Ripoff of The View that Cheaply Replaces Soaps Despite Not Getting a Measurable Audience out yet?

:super:

Great for the Sesame Team, though...

dwmckim

Reaction score
So... are the nominations for Best Slapdash Ripoff of The View that Cheaply Replaces Soaps Despite Not Getting a Measurable Audience out yet?
Nope, that will be next year!

Drtooth

Reaction score
Those shows are so pathetic... they might as well switch to all infomercial formats. At least be honest that they want the most money with the least effort.

Really... college kids who the professors like don't coast this much.

(not a soap fan, but people who fall butt backwards into these sorts of things TICK me the heck OFF!)

dwmckim

Reaction score
Since the Daytime Emmys have often been like my personal "Super Bowl", (since i'm rooting for both Henson/Muppets in their categories and One Life to Live in its), when the reports come out as to which episodes each actor submitted for their reels, i go back and watch those episodes and the sheer brillience and artistry that come from these people (including the ones that didn't score a nom) especially considering that they almost always are working at an unvelievable production pace with little to no rehearsal or opportunity for retakes and it's a bleeding shame that these gems will be lost and sacrificed to COOKING and WEIGHT LOSS shows with little to no artistic value or passion whatsoever! Heck, just the incredible work that's done on a regular basis that aren't from an "Emmy" episode is such an insane loss - caught this entry on a blog i enjoy today about today's ep of OLTL and not only could i totally relate but who on earth is going to respond so strongly to one of these bargain basement substitutes?:

"OMG! OLTL was SPECTACULAR! I didn't see that coming. THANK YOU for not spoiling what happened. WOW. JUST WOW. Marty at the end? Acting like Cat Woman! WOWZA. Bajeebus. You know, today I was at my hairdressers and we were giggling/talking about OLTL like two teenagers. Like I USED to talk about GH! And IT'S THURSDAY! eeeeeeeeeee! Tomorrow is Old Face Todd! This show so does NOT deserve what it's getting."

The Shoe Fairy

Reaction score
Looking at some of the nominated catagories, I think SST is fully deserving with many of the technical catagories. That photo down the bottom, I can't remember when I last saw Carol with Oscar like that, I'm so used to seeing him half dressed as bird. I'm rooting in paticular for Leslie, she inspires the heck out of me with puppetry, something about how much life she can breathe into one character. Anyway, rambling on here, I'm looking foward to the results and as always proud for the nominees.

Drtooth

Reaction score
it's a bleeding shame that these gems will be lost and sacrificed to COOKING and WEIGHT LOSS shows with little to no artistic value or passion whatsoever! Heck, just the incredible work that's done on a regular basis that aren't from an "Emmy" episode is such an insane loss - caught this entry on a blog i enjoy today about today's ep of OLTL and not only could i totally relate but who on earth is going to respond so strongly to one of these bargain basement substitutes?:
But that's just it. Those lousy shows are so cheap to make it doesn't matter if no one responds. They can easily replace replacements until they just give up to the inevitable and just run infomercials and get small amounts of free money for doing nothing.

I get that television is vast becoming obsolete, but they are partially to blame by constantly turning over scripted programing to jump on the next big reality fad. There isn't any reason to care about TV anymore, because if the ratings drop one viewer, they cancel big, ambitious programs that were almost supposed to get somewhere. Would you want to watch a huge long series that has a big payoff, only to never get to see the payoff? And yet, they keep making them and wondering why the ratings suck.

Overall, it's all about the worry of money going in versus the potential money going out. That's why I can't even say it's all about the bottom line anymore. The bottom line means someone took a risk to make more money. Now they're so afraid of risk, they purposely make things to fail as long as they don't cost all that much to produce. You'd think, given between a cheap flop and an expensive success, the expensive success would be the better choice. it's like... uh... remember that episode of the Simpsons where Homer was about to buy a winning lottery ticket and a Yodel, and he only had enough money to buy one and got the Yodel (not thinking winning lottery ticket = MANY Yodels?) that's the mindset of the average TV producer and programing executive today.

MelissaY1

Reaction score
Thankfully though, despite TV turning into a graveyard, there have been a couple of shows in the past year or so that have renewed my faith and I watch very little new T.V. shows these days. Both "Hot in Cleveland" on TV LAND and "Louie" on F/X have renewed my faith that there is still SOME people out there who care, both were renewed for a second season immediately after their first. Maybe if network TV takes a look at what some of these cable stations are doing, can learn something.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Overall, it's all about the worry of money going in versus the potential money going out.
Well it's always been about money. You know, according to TCM's documentary "Movie Moguls," The Academy of Arts & Sciences was originally started in order to discourage actors from forming their own unions, heh. :stick_out_tongue: