"The Muppets" Teaser Poster

Frogpuppeteer

Reaction score
Heck, I paid 6 bucks to see Night at the Museum 2 for the Vader/Oscar the Grouch scene alone.

That scene was WORTH 6 bucks! It was worth a million bucks to me.
agreed that was the only reason i went to see it...and also the only reason i saw mr magurioms emporium....still debating buying just for Kermits Scene

dwmckim

Reaction score
I've got to say i'm a tad disturbed at the last couple pages of this thread.

Yes, we're all presumably here because we're fans. We're Team Muppet. We want to see them succeed and we're all very optimistic that this will be The Project We've Been Waiting For.

But, in my opinion, being a fan doesn't mean blind loyalty "We're #1" flag-waving "can-do-no-wrong-and-anyone-who-dares-say-otherwise-must-be-tarred-and-feathered." Being a fan means being excited when things go well but not being afraid to admit when something disappoints or doesn't live up to expectations. When the latter happens, we post these criticisms on fanboards not only because we know they can do better but also in the hopes someone of the creative PTB sees the comments and learn from their mistakes to make what comes next better.

I don't think people should be jumped on if they aren't as enthused as a lot of the rest of us are. The forum is a place for all points of views included the more negative. If someone's been let down by many recent projects and are a bit nervous that this movie may be a disappointment (besides all signs pointing to the contrary), that is a totally valid opinion and it's not our place to say "you're not a REAL FAN" and "you're not welcome here - begone!" The Muppets are all about very diverse people managing to get along including the more negative folk like Oscar, Sam Eagle, Benny Rabbit, Statler/Waldorf, etc. We may collectively groan if Fozzie tells a bad joke but we don't throw him out on the street.

Maybe someone with a more negative point of view may not always express it well and ends up saying something in a way that might rub someone else the wrong way but they have every right to say it and we all need to remember in our bouncing-off-the-walls joy, excitement, and bug-eyed mania that not everyone reacts the same way and it's okay if others are sitting out the dance.

Mention KSY to most Muppet fans and it's best to duck. Not everyone was all that enthused with MFS or MWOO. If people have recollections of Muppet projects that failed to deliver what they hoped and are approaching the new movie with caution, they're fully in their right. I ask everyone to respect such points of view even if they don't share them.

I would personally hate to see the forum ever devolve to a point where everyone nods their heads robotically and chants "I loved it - it was better than Cats" and no one's allowed to say anything critical. It's the good and the bad that enriches discussion and feedback and if someone prefers to play soduku while everyone else is playing strip tiddlywinks, that's perfectly okee-dokee.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
I've got to say i'm a tad disturbed at the last couple pages of this thread.

Yes, we're all presumably here because we're fans. We're Team Muppet. We want to see them succeed and we're all very optimistic that this will be The Project We've Been Waiting For.

But, in my opinion, being a fan doesn't mean blind loyalty "We're #1" flag-waving "can-do-no-wrong-and-anyone-who-dares-say-otherwise-must-be-tarred-and-feathered." Being a fan means being excited when things go well but not being afraid to admit when something disappoints or doesn't live up to expectations. When the latter happens, we post these criticisms on fanboards not only because we know they can do better but also in the hopes someone of the creative PTB sees the comments and learn from their mistakes to make what comes next better.

I don't think people should be jumped on if they aren't as enthused as a lot of the rest of us are. The forum is a place for all points of views included the more negative. If someone's been let down by many recent projects and are a bit nervous that this movie may be a disappointment (besides all signs pointing to the contrary), that is a totally valid opinion and it's not our place to say "you're not a REAL FAN" and "you're not welcome here - begone!" The Muppets are all about very diverse people managing to get along including the more negative folk like Oscar, Sam Eagle, Benny Rabbit, Statler/Waldorf, etc. We may collectively groan if Fozzie tells a bad joke but we don't throw him out on the street.

Maybe someone with a more negative point of view may not always express it well and ends up saying something in a way that might rub someone else the wrong way but they have every right to say it and we all need to remember in our bouncing-off-the-walls joy, excitement, and bug-eyed mania that not everyone reacts the same way and it's okay if others are sitting out the dance.

Mention KSY to most Muppet fans and it's best to duck. Not everyone was all that enthused with MFS or MWOO. If people have recollections of Muppet projects that failed to deliver what they hoped and are approaching the new movie with caution, they're fully in their right. I ask everyone to respect such points of view even if they don't share them.

I would personally hate to see the forum ever devolve to a point where everyone nods their heads robotically and chants "I loved it - it was better than Cats" and no one's allowed to say anything critical. It's the good and the bad that enriches discussion and feedback and if someone prefers to play soduku while everyone else is playing strip tiddlywinks, that's perfectly okee-dokee.
:rolleyes: I'm sorry DW, but that's not what was being said at all. Sometimes you write more than you read here. Just sometimes, though. :wink:

Coming from a place of pessimism without being very knowledgeable about the topic is what was being singled out. Sure, fans are free to voice an uninformed opinion, but must be prepared when it is met with frustration.

And I'm sorry, but I find a Disney boycott to be fruitless. Wish I could support it, but I just can't.

I'm not one for whipping members back to the topic, but can we get back to talking about the excitement of the advertising campaign?

Frogpuppeteer

Reaction score
i cant wait till the rest of you see the trailer so i have someone to talk to about it

CoOKiE

Reaction score
I seen it :smile: when it started... i was like... HEY! They're both in the Muppets... could this be a trailer for...? IT IS!

Of all trailers... this one got an applause from the audience... Something i wasn't expecting.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
10 things to be excited about!

1: This project was pitched as a departure from failed post-Jim gimmics of the past. They took an appropriate amount of time in pre-production planning to insure that everything was in place.

2: This project will feature a lot of long-lost Muppet characters.

3: Disney is putting their full force, ad dollars, prime Thanksgiving placement and a Pixar short behind this picture. (Er, I guess the Pixar short is technically in front of the picture)

4: The campaign has started over 6 months before the picture in a thoughtful, methodical technique to build up momentum rather than a cheap blitz. Think of how much they spent on the teaser trailer alone!

5: We're already hearing of Muppets film branded merchandising. Disney has been cautious of this in the past, but seems to have full confidence in this picture doing well.

6: The star cameos. A-listers flocked to this project rather than the producers having to rally-up some D-list celebs looking for exposure.

7: The recent projects, hit or miss, have warmed-up the performers so that they can hit the ground running full speed ahead.

8: Like the great classic Muppet trilogy, this film will reportedly take careful advantage of technology to bring about astonishing scenes and new ways to view our favorite characters. Remember the swamp scene, Muppets riding bikes and rats in the kitchen? Yeah, like that but with the tools available nearly three decades later!

9: Songs and dances! Yes, the original musical numbers have returned and early word is that they're spectacular.

10: It's a Muppet movie, froggit! Get happy before I toss a penguin at you! :zany:

RedPiggy

Reaction score
LOL, one of the scenes definitely reminded me of "It's a Movie".

beaker

Reaction score
Yes, I saw Pirates 4 mostly to see this trailer(what can I say, I consider myself one of the world's biggest JH/Muppet fans), but thankfully the passes were free...as even in 3D Pirates of the Carribean was rather tedious and lacking any coherent sense of urgency.

That said, the teaser was pitch perfect. Even I, knowing the setup, was at first lured in until I realized I was viewing the setup trailer.
"Starring Jason Segal.....Amy Adams.....and Kermit the.............Frog?" Brilliant.

This is the FIRST time I've seen the Muppets on a giant screen since the 2003 Mastercard commercial before Lord of the Rings 3, and it was quite a surreal experience. The film looked nothing like I had imagined in my mind, just looked so crisp and alive and definitely echoing the first movie.

And wouldn't you know it...Thog looks like he's one of the main characters. Definitely looks like they're going all out(as of now, no hint of the teaser online)

beaker

Reaction score
1: This project was pitched as a departure from failed post-Jim gimmics of the past. They took an appropriate amount of time in pre-production planning to insure that everything was in place.

2: This project will feature a lot of long-lost Muppet characters.

3: Disney is putting their full force, ad dollars, prime Thanksgiving placement and a Pixar short behind this picture. (Er, I guess the Pixar short is technically in front of the picture)

4: The campaign has started over 6 months before the picture in a thoughtful, methodical technique to build up momentum rather than a cheap blitz. Think of how much they spent on the teaser trailer alone!

5: We're already hearing of Muppets film branded merchandising. Disney has been cautious of this in the past, but seems to have full confidence in this picture doing well.

6: The star cameos. A-listers flocked to this project rather than the producers having to rally-up some D-list celebs looking for exposure.

7: The recent projects, hit or miss, have warmed-up the performers so that they can hit the ground running full speed ahead.

8: Like the great classic Muppet trilogy, this film will reportedly take careful advantage of technology to bring about astonishing scenes and new ways to view our favorite characters. Remember the swamp scene, Muppets riding bikes and rats in the kitchen? Yeah, like that but with the tools available nearly three decades later!

9: Songs and dances! Yes, the original musical numbers have returned and early word is that they're spectacular.

10: It's a Muppet movie, froggit! Get happy before I toss a penguin at you! :zany:
Yep, pretty much

See Jamie, I can still understand why there are still doubters and unbelievers. Afterall, you can't blame them. We've been down this "fool me once" road so many times, this Boy Who Cried Animatronic Wolf scenario...

But when people see the teaser trailer, they'll know...