"The Muppets" Teaser Trailer in US Theaters

Frogpuppeteer

Reaction score
i knew i shouldve recorded it that night...i even got the ok...grrr:mad:

TheMonsterAteMe

Reaction score
I teared up seeing the trailer for THE MUPPETS.

I’ve waited so long to see a proper Muppet project. It’s been over 15 years since MUPPET TREASURE ISLAND and that movie pales in comparison to their projects that there true quality when Jim Henson was alive.

The only think that I think has come close to what the Muppets used to be was the made for TV movie A VERY MERRY MUPPET CHRISTMAS. Or The Muppets Bohemian Rhapsody video that went viral on youtube. But I think that this is going to be beautiful.

I’ve waited so long for a quality Muppet project.

I think this is going to be the first truly magical Muppet project since 1990. I’ve waited so so so long.

beaker

Reaction score
Hopefully they don't withhold the trailer toooo long. I can't remember any trailer withheld for too long.

i remember back in the day people flocked to jay a silent bob strike back to see an attached trailer( forget which one think it was star wars) i even heard of people that left the theater right after the trailer was shown
I remember that was the case in late 1998 with Meet Joe Black, for people to see the attached Phantom Menace trailer

Dearth

Reaction score
I thought the 'misdirection' theme of this trailer was extremely clever and well-done. When I first saw Segel and Adams, I nudged my son and told him to pay attention. But after a point, even I was wondering, "Wait, those two did TWO movies together this year?"

When the announcer says Kermit's name, becoming a question mid-way through, I loved it. So did the entire theatre there to see POTC 4.

Alex

Frogster

Reaction score
So who are all of the Muppet faces that you see?

TheMonsterAteMe

Reaction score
You see Kermit, Fozzie, Gonzo, Sam, Piggy, Thog, Crazy Harry, The Electric Mayhem, Sweetums...

beaker

Reaction score
You see Kermit, Fozzie, Gonzo, Sam, Piggy, Thog, Crazy Harry, The Electric Mayhem, Sweetums...
Scooter as well. It seems to me, from the teaser and what I've read that both Scooter and Thog are featured prominently. I like how they're taking slightly more obscure TMS characters like Thog and Uncle Deadly and giving them more starring roles

I just want to see just how deep down the rabbit hole of characters Segal went, when he says expect to see countless different Muppets.

The theme of Kermit having to go around the world to get the gang back, who had gone their separate ways is something I was really pushing to push here around 2002 when people were musing what the next film should be. I'm glad they went with it, as I loved that plot device in MTM

bluebomber95

Reaction score
Speaking of "how deep down the rabbit hole of characters Segel went", I wonder if Sam from Sam and Friends will make an appearance. However, this character is probably owned by Henson, but they're pretty nice people and could've let Disney use him.

Puckrox

Reaction score
One of my friends texted me last night asking if I'd seen the new trailer yet, and I told him I hadn't because I don't have any time it see PotC and it hasn't surfaced on the interwebz yet. Then he proceeded to ridicule me for being a "terrible" Muppet fan. It irked me badly. It better surface soon so I can live up to my Muppet obsessed fan name amongst friends!

Duke Remington

Reaction score
Scooter as well. It seems to me, from the teaser and what I've read that both Scooter and Thog are featured prominently. I like how they're taking slightly more obscure TMS characters like Thog and Uncle Deadly and giving them more starring roles.
Do Thog and Uncle Deadly talk in the trailer? Just curious...

If Thog does speak, I wonder if his voice will be that of Matt Vogel as well, considering the fact that, like Uncle Deadly, Thog was also a Jerry Nelson character.