"The Muppets" Teaser Trailer in US Theaters

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Love danny trejo's cameo...makes me laugh even with such a small moment...am a huge fan knowing his past and hearing he was in this movie shows how much of a nice guy he truly is and enjoys having fun
I like the casting in this scene. I think Jane Lynch was up for the Wanda Sykes role and that Charles Grodin was intended for the Danny Trejo cameo, but I could be wrong. Works much better the way it turned out IMHO. :wink:

Drtooth

Reaction score
I'm glad I waited, but....

I should have stayed completely off this site for the past 2 weeks.

The trailer only caught me off guard for 10 seconds before I saw Amy Adams. I was like... "Oh great, kiddy book film. Why do they... Oh, there's Amy Adams! I know what's coming YAAAAYYYY!"

Other than the fact I spent the entire time that was supposed to be a surprise waiting for Kermit to show up, there was no way seeing this in theaters could have been replicated by myself in a tiny room staring at a computer screen. Too bad the day was so nice that the theater I went to wasn't quite full that I couldn't get a great crowd reaction (half the reason I waited), but I spent the entire time before the movie bouncing around, excited for seeing all them dudes up on the screen. Overall, glad I waited and saw it in the proper venue.

What's with the ugly pig in the curly wig though?

Duke Remington

Reaction score
What's with the ugly pig in the curly wig though?
I think that pig appears to be a member of "The Moopets", the unsuccessful Muppet tribute band that Fozzie formed in Reno, Nevada.

Pictures of crew member merchandise on the Muppet Wiki show the members of that band and they all appear to be impersonators of classic Muppets (Piggy, Kermit, etc.).

As for why that Piggy is with the Muppets in that scene, it could possibly be because of this plot-thread that was included in early drafts of the script:
The only Muppet who isn’t rounded up is Miss Piggy and Kermit’s reluctance to bring her back into the fold is made quite clear and when we do meet up with Piggy in Paris, we learn it’s mutual. There is some bad blood between the two and although we later get some insight into the basis for the contempt, the ‘fact’ that they had been married (courtesy of The Muppets Take Manhattan) is completely ignored.

Beauregard

Reaction score
Aaaahhhhh! I need to get my hands on somaathat Muppets Merlot! (Great...now I sound like an Alchy...which I am NOT.) I'm totally interested whenever Muppets mix with Food however!