"The Muppets: Fuzzy Pack" Teaser Trailer On-line

TheMonsterAteMe

Reaction score

With footage of the muppets in jail!
Under the fake name "The Fuzzy Pack!"

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I know it's a teaser trailer so the beginning footage is meant to fool us, but it's interesting how the closed studio didn't have any Muppet references I could notice.

As a teaser, I think this one is a bit more obvious as to what it's advertising, due to some of the magazine names ("Being Green Magazine").

I wonder why the Muppets are in jail (those who have read the script, I do not mind spoilers). Since they are in tuxedos, I guess it had something to do with the telethon (I guess the bad guy either framed them or they unintentionally didn't do something legit).

Interesting that Sam is actually in jail. And The Swedish Chef isn't wearing his hat.

Frogpuppeteer

Reaction score
can you belive it 2 trailers in less than a month...its quite awesome

Drtooth

Reaction score
Anyone know what movie this is gonna play with? Bet it's with Panda, since it opened up today and it just got leaked today.

Kermieuk

Reaction score
Nice, the derelict theatre looks creepy!
Piggy looks great in the final clip! When's the next trailer.

Chris

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
The perfect kind of viral campaign that we know works well with the Muppets. Disney was smart to cease the Muppets.com clips for a while until unveiling this movie effort. They really know what they're doing.

This is funny stuff! I hope they don't give too much away, but this looks cram-packed with goodness so I'm not too worried.

One thing that hasn't been addressed on the forums much yet is the puppet building. Now please don't jump down my throat about this. As a fan we nit-pick so just take it in stride like that. Make no mistake, I am extremely excited and my comments are merely about personal preference and not the overall value of the movie. So if you don't want to discuss that portion, please stop reading. But if you're a fan who enjoys geeking out on the details then read on...

I must admit that my keen eye isn't blown away by all the puppet rebuilds. Most of them look nice and it's great to see Thog back in action. It appears that they've settled on this new Gonzo design. I think he looked his best in the years between MCC and LTS. Why change him now? I'm still not impressed with the Pig. She looks better, but not great. I still think they should chuck the whole design and go back to the GMC pattern. Characters like Janice, Rowlf, Sweetums, Kermit and Sam look awesome. For some reason some of them look slightly off. After taking a second look at Scooter, Floyd, Fozzie, Swedish Chef and a few of the others, they look a little less refined than the top quality results from the Henson Company years. It's almost like the patterns have been simplified to enable longer durability and easier replication. Or maybe they just had a tall order of cast members to fill. Just to be clear - I'm not saying these puppet efforts are bad in any way. I'm saying they look more like a B+ effort than an A+ effort. This is more of an observation than a complaint. Harry is kind of funny because to me he appears to be almost too clean and well made. What a beautiful puppet! One thing I am blown away with is just how emotive the Walter puppet can be! I didn't expect that. Any thoughts on the character design?

And still no Pepe or other of Bill's characters in sight. Weirdness.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I must admit that my keen eye isn't blown away by all the puppet rebuilds. Most of them look nice and it's great to see Thog back in action. It appears that they've settled on this new Gonzo design. I think he looked his best in the years between MCC and LTS. Why change him now? I'm still not impressed with the Pig. She looks better, but not great. I still think they should chuck the whole design and go back to the GMC pattern. Characters like Janice, Rowlf, Sweetums, Kermit and Sam look awesome. For some reason some of them look slightly off. After taking a second look at Scooter, Floyd, Fozzie, Swedish Chef and a few of the others, they look a little less refined than the top quality results from the Henson Company years. It's almost like the patterns have been simplified to enable longer durability and easier replication. Or maybe they just had a tall order of cast members to fill. Just to be clear - I'm not saying these puppet efforts are bad in any way. I'm saying they look more like a B+ effort than an A+ effort. This is more of an observation than a complaint. Harry is kind of funny because to me he appears to be almost too clean and well made. What a beautiful puppet! One thing I am blown away with is just how emotive the Walter puppet can be! I didn't expect that. Any thoughts on the character design?
I don't like how they changed Fozzie back to weird overbite Fozzie, like they did in the last decade. Gonzo looks a might strange... but then again, I could say the same for some Sesame Street character rebuilds. They keep flip flopping on shaggy and matted fur Grover.