Your Thoughts: New Muppet Central Forum Features

Slackbot

Reaction score
To paraphrase Terry Pratchett, the use of five consecutive exclamation points is a sure sign of someone who wears their underpants on their head."

Heh, I haven't Watched this thread. Just the fic and art ones I've started. Hopefully I'll find out for sure before too long.

Foodie

Reaction score
Welcome to the new Muppet Central Forum. Many months of work have gone into researching and finding the best forum software available for our needs now and in the future. We hope that you like the results. We believe that the more you use our new forum, the more you'll like it.

Must Read: Here is a thread that includes an overview of many of our new features...
http://www.muppetcentral.com/forum/threads/new-muppet-central-forum.47591/

Please discuss all of our new features and your thoughts on the upgrade here.
So... where are my personal messages?

AnimatedC9000

Reaction score
... huh. This is different. No worries, I'm sure that we can all come to navigate around this new forum after a while. *glances at "Home" button* Why are you so misleading...?

But everything looks pretty neat! Can't wait to fully see the new features!

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Still hate it: Day One

*On the main forum page, it tells you what sections have had latest updates, but there's no direct link to the latest update. We must sift through the thread = sloppy architecture! That little alert button, cute as it is, just doesn't cut it like the individual thread arrow buttons that took the user to the last post.

*Just navigating through this new forum on my smart phone for 5 minutes burned up 15% of the battery life and made me keep refreshing the pages in order for anything to appear.

*We can't Title posts anymore, but I guess we can just bold the first statement.

*These extra "goodies" were always available on the other board, we were just restricted from using them just like the "!!!" and the :smile::wink::cool:. Tell me, why are we still limited to how many we can use?

*Each post should be more clearly separated from the one before and after it. This whole page is floating with nothing to ground it.

*And what's with the weird points and rewards? The more time I spend here, the more I'm made aware that an adult-swim forum is more appropriate for my sensibilities. I'm not in need of a gold star to celebrate how much I've posted.

*I've always appreciated the new forum because creativity came from content, ideas and external links. I really don't have the desire to mess with this page and figure it out.

MuppetCaper

Reaction score
Wow this REALLY threw me off when I went to log in to the forum. This is going to take some time to get use to.

also....why is this saying that I am a new member for??? how can this be changed? I am not a new member!

Bannanasketch

Reaction score
  • MY REVIEW OF NEW FORUM

Following Frogboy's idea, I decided to make my own review. I think there is a lot of pros and cons about the new layout. I will list them here.

PROS:

• Videos and photos! YES! I could definitely use this for my new fanfics coming out this summer. Kind of like an "enhanced" fanfiction with fan art and video.
  • "Like." I like how you can "like" now. I've always seen posts that I didn't want to reply to but I wanted to like. Now I can! :smile:
  • Faster posts....
  • News feed and recent activity.

CONS:

• Trophies? Really? :/
  • I keep clicking on "home," dang it! Why does it have to say that!
  • I keep forgetting to put in muppetcentral.com/forum instead of forum.muppetcentral.com
  • It's pretty hard to navigate around here with so much newness. I hope I figure it out eventually.
  • Updates. Eh, it's okay but I'd rather find my own thread when I want to.
  • It just doesn't look right to me. Maybe, it's just me being used to the old one but I don't know.

I think I'll eventually get used to it but right now, I feel like it's just too new for me with so much stuff that's unnessessary.

MuppetCaper

Reaction score
Can any Mod change my "New Member" part. I think I am way far off of being a "New Member" with almost a 1000 posts LOL. Thanks!

minor muppetz

Reaction score
So far, I'd say it was not worth waiting a day and a half. Maybe I'll get used to it, but for now it's hard for me to figure things out. And when I click on "forum" on the main page, it goes to the old link, which provides the new link to click on. I hope I can get used to this fast.

MuppetCaper

Reaction score
Ok...cancel the last two messages...I think I got it figured out. Err Uhhh....I think.