Your Thoughts: New Muppet Central Forum Features

Drtooth

Reaction score
Tweak is all I'm asking for. At least the forum main menus. They're frightfully small. I'm getting used to most of it, but just... the main forums page needs to be wider and bigger.

beaker

Reaction score
Yeah I'm getting used to it, just the formatting/odd size/colors are throwing me off. I really hope people haven't jumped ship just yet, Im sure Phil had his reasons for this one. Maybe it was more easy to code/integrate with fb/twitter/etc than other options

Slackbot

Reaction score
An addition to the post size limit issue: the fanfic section has a stickied index thread, which serves as an index to the fic that has been posted there. It goes back for years, and is a very valuable resource. If the post size limit remains in place, that might be jeopardized, as all that link code does eat up characters, even though they are not visible on the screen.

Seriously, has there ever been a problem with people posting too-long posts? Not to my knowledge, though admittedly I've only been here a little over a year. Is the limit a problem? Yep, in the fanfic forum it definitely is. If a compromise need be made, how about extending or removing the limit in that forum only, as that's where the big long posts will be?

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Personally I think the new format is starting to grow on me. It does feel like it's quicker, at least for me. :smile:

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Personally I think the new format is starting to grow on me. It does feel like it's quicker, at least for me. :smile:
I'm still experiencing 40-60 second lags each time I click something.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Marty, the fellow in the pic is Abe Vigoda; he was best remembered for being in Goodfellas
Not sure if this was mentioned yet, but I believe Abe Vigoda was in The Godfather, not Goodfellas. Just wanted to clarify. :smile:

I'm still experiencing 40-60 second lags each time I click something.
Yeah I figured other people might still have difficulties; I guess it depends on the computer in part?

newsmanfan

Reaction score
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
PLEASE, mighty admin guru. I am BEGGING. EXTEND the post size limit in at least the fanfic section. I'll admit some of my 12-page, 12-pt font entries are long. But come on...I had to break a 6400 word story into TEN PARTS to post it.
We can embed VIDEO files...which tend to be huge files...but not more than a tiny squidge of TEXT? This makes ZERO sense. I understand if you feel you need to set a specific limit...but please. Really. What is this, a cell phone?? Expand, PLEASE!
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I second this. Can the limit be extended or eliminated? I cannot think of any time on this board when post length has been a problem, and the limit does make it a pain to post fanfic which is the only reason I'm here.
Please post a few links to some of the longer fan fics that you know of off-hand. A character limit does need to be in place, but I'll try to make it high enough so that it won't be an issue 99.99% of the time.