Once Upon a Monster

Drtooth

Reaction score
I have no want or desire to buy a Kinect... I have no desire to buy those games... but MAN if this one doesn't make me WANT to buy one, I don't know what would.

Yeah, those Wii games were lame... but then again, I don't think ANY of the Sesame Street games ever made (maybe the N64/Playstation ones) were worth paying a fortune for an NES or whatever cart for the same amount (relatively). They're fun on emulators, but I don't see how buying less expensive computer editions of the games wouldn't have been a better option. I mean, they only do like one or two things.

I found (and this is looking at it through the eyes of a child) Countdown and Counting Cafe actually FUN... Ernie's bath tub pipe dreams type thing was a little fun too... but the others serve very little purpose than letting little Billy play with his brother's NES without crying because he can't jump over a pit.

Now, with the era of FREE online games on SW's own website, there's actually no need for console gaming. You need to be pretty clever and offer something that free internet games can't offer. Those Wii ones didn't look like they did. This one does. Actually, seems like a very cute storyline too.

Frogpuppeteer

Reaction score
I have no want or desire to buy a Kinect... I have no desire to buy those games... but MAN if this one doesn't make me WANT to buy one, I don't know what would.
im with you on this one...this actually made me say out loud to myself..."i may need to get a kinect"

maybe if its compatible with out it ill still grab it

Oscarfan

Reaction score
New previews are online (but I can't post them). I like how in some clips, the CG characters have Muppet like movement (It looked like Elmo moved two arms at once like a typical rod puppet). Cameos include Oscar (yay!) and Grover.

mr3urious

Reaction score
This looks like game to play with your kid. :smile:

Oscarfan

Reaction score
Here's a demo video

Now THIS is what a Sesame Street video game should be like, and not those $40 flash games.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Now THIS is what a Sesame Street video game should be like, and not those $40 flash games.
No kidding. I've seen WORSE than those. I was bored at the Mall I briefly went to yesterday, and saw a Heathcliff video game. My heart swelled until I saw what it was.

A "What's different with this picture game" with NO animations, and no point of the H-cat being there. $40 flash game? Howabout $40 kid's COLORING BOOK! :shifty:

Anyway, great looking game. i agree... totally what SS games should be.

mr3urious

Reaction score
No kidding. I've seen WORSE than those. I was bored at the Mall I briefly went to yesterday, and saw a Heathcliff video game. My heart swelled until I saw what it was.

A "What's different with this picture game" with NO animations, and no point of the H-cat being there. $40 flash game? Howabout $40 kid's COLORING BOOK! :shifty:
That's the thing. Most Wii developers feel the need to not put any effort whatsoever into their games because it's so easy to develop for, and the casual market is where the big money is. Even though this isn't as big a problem as it was in the beginning, it's still pretty bad.

Of course, with Nintendo rolling out their new system -- the Wii U -- for next year, this should be a thing of the past. :smile:

Drtooth

Reaction score
That's the thing. Most Wii developers feel the need to not put any effort whatsoever into their games because it's so easy to develop for, and the casual market is where the big money is. Even though this isn't as big a problem as it was in the beginning, it's still pretty bad.
There's so many crap developers out there (all US companies, most of them very small) making crap games no one but casual people would play. I saw, and I'm not kidding, a Cold Stone Creamery game where all you do is mix ice cream. Pheh! That's something you should have online for free...

John Takis

Reaction score
New video featuring Cookie Monster and game designer Tim Schafer:

Pretty funny stuff! :insatiable: