Jim's personality

FletchySRF3088

Reaction score
When did you hear that?
It was when I was able to view that special. It's been a while since I've seen it.

*lol* I'll have to look for that interview now. To be fair, if one of my employees knew he was scheduled to pitch an important project, and got wasted the night before anyway, I wouldn't be too pleased with him either!
I'm not too sure if the story goes that he had gotten rather inebriated the night before. As I said, it's been a while since I last watched it. I just know there was some reason Duncan felt he couldn't do it and Jim wasn't too happy about it.

UPDATE:

Actually, now I think about it further, I believe Duncan was just feeling too anxious to do the pitch, so Jim did it himself instead. I don't know where I got the hangover element from :oops:. How embarrasing! Sorry about that error and sorry if, by any chance, Duncan himself or anyone who knows him read that post! :eek: As I said, I hadn't seen it in a while. I had it downloaded, as the special features (or DVDs at the time) weren't available (and still aren't! :mad:) . I'd lost the file a while ago so I couldn't check it, just to get every detail of the story right.

Collgoff

Reaction score
*lol* I'll have to look for that interview now. To be fair, if one of my employees knew he was scheduled to pitch an important project, and got wasted the night before anyway, I wouldn't be too pleased with him either!
What could that Mean?

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Actually, now I think about it further, I believe Duncan was just feeling too anxious to do the pitch, so Jim did it himself instead. I don't know where I got the hangover element from :oops:. How embarrasing! Sorry about that error and sorry if, by any chance, Duncan himself or anyone who knows him read that post! :eek: As I said, I hadn't seen it in a while. I had it downloaded, as the special features (or DVDs at the time) weren't available (and still aren't! :mad:) . I'd lost the file a while ago so I couldn't check it, just to get every detail of the story right.
It's OK, what he said was was that there had been a celebration the night before and he "didn't quite feel up to it." ; ) Hehe. So you're fine, it's not a big deal. :smile:

Collgoff

Reaction score
It's OK, what he said was was that there had been a celebration the night before and he "didn't quite feel up to it." ; ) Hehe. So you're fine, it's not a big deal. :smile:
I understand!

Collgoff

Reaction score
That special is great! (and silly me used to think it was NBC... shows how much I watch for channels).

It still hurts to see Frank cry over Jim Henson's death when asked about it. He's really missing him.
Yeah and I hear that someone on Youtube told me that Jim Henson was Frank's best friend.

Collgoff

Reaction score
That special is great! (and silly me used to think it was NBC... shows how much I watch for channels).

It still hurts to see Frank cry over Jim Henson's death when asked about it. He's really missing him.
That's true and Jim Henson was Frank Oz's best friend.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
In Jim Henson: The Works, Jerry Nelson said that he'd only seen Jim get angry twice. He mentioned the one time that others pointed out, but it would be interesting to know what happened the other time, if Jerry Nelson still remembers (and assuming it's nothing too personal).

Ever since I saw that quote I wondered what episode it was. It's hard to believe Jerry Nelson wouldn't be given anything significant to do in a single episode. If I had to guess, I'd say it was the Leo Sayer episode. The only times we hear his voice is in the chorus and when Crazy Harry makes a brief chuckle. Otherwise, he doesn't have any major speaking parts there.

Collgoff

Reaction score
Acutally Jerry talked about Jim's temper in the book "Jim Henson: The works the art, the magic, the imagination" by Christopher Finch. I wonder how Jim felt about his separation from Jane in 1986?
I hear one of the muppet bulders said that he only flip pages of a script when he gets upset.
I think that he could get a papper cut forthat.