Muppet Show Season 4 coming in 2013

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Yeah, but that episode would be a big selling point, because then you'd have all the Star Wars fans buying the set too.
Sigh, I wanted to stop posting in this thread until an official release date was announced, but I'd like to point out that the 40th anniversary DVD does include a small still from the C3PO and R2D2 appearance. I don't know if extra permission was needed to put that on the cover, but I doubt they'll be on the cover of the season 4 release (I'll even be surprised if they're on the back cover, as none of the season sets have included guest stars on the packaging).

Drtooth

Reaction score
Yeah, but that episode would be a big selling point, because then you'd have all the Star Wars fans buying the set too. I'm not saying he' d WANT to hurt the relationship, but when it comes to money, people get funny about stuff. Haven't you ever had someone pass on in your family and it turned into a nightmare because of who left what to who, who wanted this after they died, etc? Money brings out the worst in people.

Plus it seems whatever the hold up was must've been a last moment thing. I'm pretty sure back when they were trying to secure music rights, they had to deal with Lucas. The only things he refuses to budge on are the non-special edition first 3 films and the Christmas Special. he owns those. Disney owns the episode, but he owns the character rights. Even if he rejected the offer, it would have came up years ago, and they wouldn't have even announced Season 4 2 years prior. Basically they've been trying to hammer out rights since season 2... and any problems with Lucas would have popped up a while ago. Something tells me something somewhere with someone went down wrong.

Still, I really don't see why nobody can get in touch with anybody to see what the REAL problem is. It's June... If it's to be released to coincide with the movie, we should have heard something by now.

dwayne1115

Reaction score
ok so I called Walt Disney Home video tecnical support and talked to a real nice lady about the Muppet show season 4. She told me she had no information what so ever, and asked why i was wanting to know about it. I told her I was a huge Muppet fan, and belong to a few Muppet fan sites. She also asked me where I heard that it was comming out this year, and I had forgot the direct source so I just said from the Muppet fan sites. Then she told me that she was going to take my request and tell "them" (Don't ask me who them is) and let them know that I really want to see this out on DVD. So I know it's not the news we want to hear, but at least I have a way insteed of just posting on here about how upset we are that it is not out yet to let Disney know we want Season Four and we want it NOW! If enough people call and get the request sent to "them" I'm sure before no time we will hear something. Now I'm going to give out the number and the steps I went through to talk to the nice lady I hope more people call and let Disney know that we have waited way to long for Season four!

The number is 1-800-723-4763

Press 1 for English

Press 5 for other

Then I think it was five again to talk to someone
I hope this helps.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I don't think there was ever an official announcement for the set coming out in 2011. There was an official announcement for the 2010 release, and this thread originally had 2010 in the title, changed to 2011 just because it didn't come out last year.

dwmckim

Reaction score
Yes, it was officially announced at D23 over a year ago as a 2010 release and kept getting pushed back and back and back. Keep in mind both the John Denver and Star Wars episodes have been released in their entirety by Time-Life when they were doing the Best of The Muppet Show releases. Now i know i know, so was the uncut Vincent Price episode but given the Muppets were a newly acquired property, Disney didn't know how big a success the box sets would be and how much of a furor would arise over cuts, i think they just didn't bother to try hard enough to iron out (pay for) the deal with "You've Got a Friend" and if Season One were to be released today, they'd go that extra mile.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Yes, it was officially announced at D23 over a year ago as a 2010 release and kept getting pushed back and back and back. Keep in mind both the John Denver and Star Wars episodes have been released in their entirety by Time-Life when they were doing the Best of The Muppet Show releases.

Exactly, they'd need to be renegotiated with a different company, much like the Vincent Price example you said. But considering this was due well over a year ago, those rights could have and SHOULD have been hammered out well in advance. That's why the Michael Jackson estate partial song ownership theory makes sense.

Still, there's NO FAVORS done it holding this season hostage. There's a huge movie coming out in November, and the only way the public's getting access to the Muppets is rerun movies on the Hub. Not having season 4 out before the movie is crazy. if they want to get people out of the possibly tedious Puss in Boots spinoff and into The Muppets, why are they sitting on something that can't do anything BUT help get the Muppets back in the public eye. I'm glad people are calling a 1800 number for Disney, but we NEED to find someone who can get in touch with someone who knows what's going down. Someone higher up.

MelissaY1

Reaction score
Yes, it was officially announced at D23 over a year ago as a 2010 release and kept getting pushed back and back and back. Keep in mind both the John Denver and Star Wars episodes have been released in their entirety by Time-Life when they were doing the Best of The Muppet Show releases. Now i know i know, so was the uncut Vincent Price episode but given the Muppets were a newly acquired property, Disney didn't know how big a success the box sets would be and how much of a furor would arise over cuts, i think they just didn't bother to try hard enough to iron out (pay for) the deal with "You've Got a Friend" and if Season One were to be released today, they'd go that extra mile.
Sometimes though the legalities vary from studio to studio. Columbia House that put out the Best of DVDs in their complete format may have had a totally different contract with them than Disney does. A lot of things have changed since those Best Of's came out (and boy am I glad I held onto them since Disney started editing stuff out!)

Duke Remington

Reaction score
I'm glad people are calling a 1800 number for Disney, but we NEED to find someone who can get in touch with someone who knows what's going down. Someone higher up.
Yeah, like Steve Swanson of The MuppetCast. :smile:

We should all send him emails, asking him to get another interview with Lyelle Breier so he can ask her what the hold-up is on the Season 4 DVD's.

dwayne1115

Reaction score
Yeah, like Steve Swanson of The MuppetCast. :smile:

We should all send him emails, asking him to get another interview with Lyelle Breier so he can ask her what the hold-up is on the Season 4 DVD's.
You really don't need to foold Steve with a whole lot of E-mails right now beacuse this season of the Muppetcast is comeing to a close as of this Sunday, tomrow. Call the 1800 number I posted let Disney know yourself insteed of having someone else do all the work for you.
Here is a thought: What if they are holding Season 4 for when The Muppets comes out on DVD and Blu ray? To me that would seem kind of smart on there part any thoughts?