What is your favorite childhood toy?

BoomerangFish

Reaction score
haha... my sister had a brown Pound Puppy... our dog "Dude", a cairn terrier, after he had torn that PP to shreds... we took the rest of the stuffing out, cut the PP in half and made a "puppet" out of it... we would then tease Dude with it :wink:

Rose

Reaction score
Nope. I know hat they are as well. OK example the girls wear way too much make up, and the way the dress... well isnt nice... its too phonie and prissy. It's the sort of things that yeah... would get kids attention, but only if the're parents are willing to pay for the over priced merchandice.
Don't get me wrongI'im not trying to diss anyone beceause this is only a discussion nothing set in stone. I always had a sore spot for Disney for whatever reason. I just do'nt like the way they go about things.
I used to like Disney as a kid. Who didn't? :smile: But when I got older and starting to read between the lines. It got me thinking. I dont like a show just for the charecters, but the way the creator is and the people who work with him.

Seriously?

Are you sure you're not confusing Disney with Bratz? The people I know who grew up with Disney are anything but "spoiled little brats who can get away with anything." Isn't this an unfair generalization?

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Nope. I know hat they are as well. OK example the girls wear way too much make up, and the way the dress... well isnt nice... its too phonie and prissy. It's the sort of things that yeah... would get kids attention, but only if the're parents are willing to pay for the over priced merchandice.
Well I kinda know what you mean, the Disney princesses seem very liberated on film, but the merchandise they sell to kids is very pink and prissy and silly. But Disney's only doing that because they know that's what a lot of girls will like, they didn't originate the interest. (Though personally I liked Disney as a kid but I rarely wore dresses, heh).

I dont like a show just for the charecters, but the way the creator is and the people who work with him.
Well I have that problem sometimes too, but I try to separate the characters from the creators. It sounds silly but a character is like a child, it shouldn't be blamed for the actions of the parent. :wink:

Drtooth

Reaction score
Well I kinda know what you mean, the Disney princesses seem very liberated on film, but the merchandise they sell to kids is very pink and prissy and silly. But Disney's only doing that because they know that's what a lot of girls will like, they didn't originate the interest. (Though personally I liked Disney as a kid but I rarely wore dresses, heh).
Parodox, anyone? It's all a big ploy to sell toys. I'm not a fan of gender roles being instilled in merchandise, but it seems to work to a slim majority. I really dislike when fast food restaurants have separate toys for boys and girls. Come on... I've seen a LOT of female Batman fans... just make a Girls of DC action figure set next time Batman's the boy's premium. But you know which one was awesome? When Burger King had the Powerpuff Girl/DBZ promotions... you got BOTH toys. You didn't have to ask. You got both! Now they do it so... so...so stupidly. They have a boy friendly license, and give plastic jewelery and dry erase boards... and the worst part is the dang BK employees don't know the difference. I had to walk back and say "I wanted the Iron Man action figure!" on more than one occasion.

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
I know what you mean. I dont know how many times I've asked for the "boy" toy only to end up with some junky plastic bracelet :smirk: Other times the boy toys sell out completely. I remember when mcdonalds was having a TMMT/Madame Alexander(Or barbie, not sure) and the person I was with started arguing with the people at the counter about running out of "boy" toys. It was kinda funny XD

Drtooth

Reaction score
That's the OTHER problem I have with that. There's always some joker that runs out of the boy figures. Luckily I got the full TMNT set (but only one of each). That's why you ALWAYS need to ask first when they have these kind of things.

What REALLY ticked me off was a recent Star Wars promotion...the boy toy was some lame mini-skateboards with Star Wars characters stickered to them, and the girl toy was some sort of Strawberry Shortsheets playsets with small figures.

JJandJanice

Reaction score
For me, it might have to be my Hulk Hogan wrestling buddy plush. I use to play with that for hours thinking I was going to be a wrestler someday.

I also had a big plush of Big Bird that I enjoy.

LinkiePie<3

Reaction score
For me, it might have to be my Hulk Hogan wrestling buddy plush. I use to play with that for hours thinking I was going to be a wrestler someday.

My cousin had the same one! So many nostalgic memories blinding my mind. I remember water wrestling plush Hogan back when we had a pool. XP

Drtooth

Reaction score

That's not the one that said "Hey! get offa My... NOSE!" Is it? Couldn't be. Those ones are from the 90's and had Kevin Nash and someone else (I wanna say Stone Cold). I almost got one of those for the gag value.