Redesigned Muppets for "The Muppets" movie

beakerboy12

Reaction score
For me, I love all the designs! But there are certain things I don't like about them. For me, I like the new Fozzie. The only thing I don't like about it is that his head bears (no pun intended) a slight spherical shape that reminds me of the 2002-2008 version that I didn't really like. I just feel like Fozzie shouldn't look that way... But I do love this new version, don't get me wrong. But that's the only thing I really don't like about it.

As for Gonzo, I didn't really like the head at first. But now I love it, it's grown on me! I mean I saw this version at a Muppet 101 event in Missouri and the puppet looks fantastic!

newsmanfan

Reaction score
------------------------------------------------------------------------
I miss my old pointy nose....meh. It'll still be fun. :smile:

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
I miss my old pointy nose....meh. It'll still be fun. :smile:

A lot of newscasters opted for surgical vanity when television went hi-def. :wink:

Drtooth

Reaction score
I will say this... even the overly perfected new puppets look a million times better than the first ones.

beaker

Reaction score
@Drtooth: What? You dont like the look of Season 1 Piggy? :wink:

But I think because we're seeing 1080p footage of a brand new HD production + shiny new Muppet builds, some are going to look a bit odd. Thog and Fozzie look like they were just made; as I agree the worn in look is a bit better.

Fozzie looks a little odd in some spots of the new third teaser. But, I have to say Gonzo looks a lot better than pre production stills of the poser and the Cat Cora kitchen Gonzo they used(HATED that design) Animal had a lot of odd builds, such as the 2009 era one. I think they've gotten a lot of symmetry back from the different experimentation.
What do you guys all think of the new Uncle Deadly? Is this the first time weve seen him since TMS? Also I thought Thog was even bigger, but I guess he was that size(dwarfing even Sweetums) on the show

Drtooth

Reaction score
I also noticed with the new trailer the alternate Piggy puppet with her MTM hair style. Now, while it isn't my favorite version of the character (Great Muppet Caper, fool!), the puppet somehow looks better than the straight haired version. maybe it's just the hair or something.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
I also noticed with the new trailer the alternate Piggy puppet with her MTM hair style. Now, while it isn't my favorite version of the character (Great Muppet Caper, fool!), the puppet somehow looks better than the straight haired version. maybe it's just the hair or something.
I'm really not digging any of the Piggys for the movie. There's just something that's more doughy and bland about her construction now when compared to the more refined and nuanced 80's & 90's versions of the puppet.

Beauregard

Reaction score
Ooh. I actually really like the Piggy's so far. Very GMC-esque. Perhaps a little too carefully preserved and not real enough, but still awesome. I like that she has a hint of her MTM hair without it being as overpowering as it was in that movie. But most of all, I love that they seem to be having VARIETY with her hair in this movie! Usually there's one look for the entire movie!

Link is looking nice and manly. I feel I want to comment on the really nice clothes they are all wearing (Link's trench-coat, Bunsen's coat collar that is viewable in one scene). Very good quality. Do the Puppet-makers (Heap) also design/produce the clothes? (Aside from Piggy's designer gear).

Drtooth

Reaction score
I'm really not digging any of the Piggys for the movie. There's just something that's more doughy and bland about her construction now when compared to the more refined and nuanced 80's & 90's versions of the puppet.
The curly hair makes her relatively better than the one with long hair. Somehow, the straight haired puppet manages to look worse because of those proportions. Piggy just hasn't looked good since the 80's... I dunno what's wrong with the puppet building there.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
The curly hair makes her relatively better than the one with long hair. Somehow, the straight haired puppet manages to look worse because of those proportions. Piggy just hasn't looked good since the 80's... I dunno what's wrong with the puppet building there.
I have a personal disdain for 80's Manhattan-fro Piggy.