What new merchandise do you think could or would be released?

beaker

Reaction score
I am WELL aware, believe me. Cons are freaking full of them. It's like they ONLY get Pokemon stuff in when they sell stuff there now. I never touched the stuff, though I admit to liking Meowth enough to buy ONE bean bag and ONE plastic talking toy... both on clearance. That's before I discovered Yatterman, and realized they basically stole a lot of crap from that.

NAHHH! I'm all about the underappreciated stuff that only Japan and Europe knew about... and One Piece. And Toriko currently. Now THAT'S an anime. It's like Pokemon, only a dude fights them with his bare hands and eats 'em.

But really... I LOVE Nintendo characters (Mario, DK, and Kirby especially) and I find it quite annoying Poke gets all the attention, merchandising wise.
Well most Nintendo merch collectors don't really consider Pokemon a Nintendo universe franchise(I mean it is, but its like many Muppet fans who don't consider Elmo part of Muppetdom...err maybe thats just me) Pokemon to me is its own universe. I am right with you, Im a huge lover of all things cutesy platforming Nintendo. Actually, I'd extend that to include Sega, as I LOVVVVVVE me some Sonic Universe and Sega Universe stuff(Monkey Ball, Nights, Samba, etc) Some day I hope we get a real Nintendo vs Sega game done Smash Bros style. Im beyond excited for the tidal wave of new 4-5" classic/new Jazwares Sonic figures. Sadly, there's not much hope for new Mario action figures stateside. But yeah, be it Wendys, Taco Bell, Burger King or Taco Bell there's been a lot of Nintendo happy meal toys. Wendys just had a Pacman happy meal run. Though usually its DC heroes, Dreamworks/Fox CGI cartoon toys and cars used in kid's meal.

Anyways, I've never been a fan of Pokemon...just kind of making a commentary on the ebb and flow of it. I will say I can appreciate it more than the horrific drivel that runs off it, like Bakugan, Yu Gi Oh, and countless others I can't even remember the names of.

Anime wise, I guess I was always more into stuff like Cowboy Bebop and Evangelion, but truth be told I just dont keep up and rarely watch anime

Drtooth

Reaction score
I haven't bothered with Wendy's premiums in YEARS! They're all fairy tale audiobooks or American Idol microphones or American's got Talent Microphones or something stupid like that. They had a Wheel of Fortune one for crying out loud! And they're the most expensive kid's meals in the business.

McD's prizes keep getting better (I loved that recent Batman 3 minifigure one... but I only got 6 of them and went mad trying to get at least one more). but BK's not doing so well (The Thor ones sucked. And there's no call to throw in cheap plastic jewelery and call it a "girl's toy" especially when the counter workers don't even bother sorting them out anyway)... but Wendy's, a place that once had MOC Mario and Hey Arnold figures just fell completely from grace.

beaker

Reaction score
The early 2000's was really the high point of good quality action figures in kid's meals, the kind that would now cost $8 a pop. Mcdonalds dreamworks toys are kind of hollow and lame, and theyre 2007 TMNT figures sucked. but man...2001 monsters inc, so amazing. i remember at one point burger king had playsets that came with happy meals, like their rugrats/wild thornberries. and of course, the amazing 2003 muppet show figure set with jack in the box. And yeah, the various mario promotions with wendys, much better than the burger king ones. those were the days! Oh and I almost forgot about the cool Crash Bandicoot 2001 carls jr stuff. They just dont make game based kid's meals anymore

Fred Smith

Reaction score
I would go for Muppet hand puppets tieing in with the new movie; Walter, Kermit, Piggy, Fozzie, Animal, etc.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I just want someone BESIDES Animal on a T-Shirt at this point. I mean, come on... how popular do Bunsen and Beaker or the Swedish Chef have to be? They're the Muppets most people think of when it comes to Muppets besides Kermit.

And again, if local Disney Stores are going down again (GRRR! I want that Doofenshmirtz bean bag!) I'd hate for them to release a bunch of exclusives I'd have to buy online.

Frogpuppeteer

Reaction score
I just want someone BESIDES Animal on a T-Shirt at this point.
This i get that animals popular but i feel he has been over saturated i mean even kermit stuff is second to him. i want plush if not only the main cast but maybe even past muppets who never had merch

beaker

Reaction score
Anyone have any estimate on when we'll get our first look or even word on what Muppet movie tie-ins, toys, merch, promotion, etc is coming forth? Kind of odd we havent seen much of even a glimpse of anything. Chief among things, I'm sooo hoping for a lot of figures/toys, plushes, etc. A true dream come true

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Anyone have any estimate on when we'll get our first look or even word on what Muppet movie tie-ins, toys, merch, promotion, etc is coming forth? Kind of odd we havent seen much of even a glimpse of anything. Chief among things, I'm sooo hoping for a lot of figures/toys, plushes, etc. A true dream come true
Some has been announced. There's going to be official Muppet... Nail polish. That was the first promotional tie-in announced. And a number of books have been announced as well, including a junior novelization, some sticker books, and a jokebook, among others.

beaker

Reaction score
My #1 Muppet related wish merchandise wise: Big Mean Carl plush and or figure/figurine:smile:

j3h

Reaction score
I'd want (most not likely):

The Muppet Shows - Season 4; Season 5 [DVD]

Muppets Tonight - The Complete Series [DVD]

The Jim Henson Hour - The Complete Series (Joint release with LionsGate) [DVD]

The Frog Prince/Hey, Cinderella! [DVD]

A Muppet Family Christmas (Uncut) [DVD]

Other specials on DVD, release Muppets Revisited at last, re-release all Muppet movies on DVD/Blu-Ray/Digital Copy combo packs with their CD soundtracks and loads 'o' bonus features. Basically any media!
what he said :big_grin:

PLUS I want a decent looking Uncle Deadly plush.