"The Muppets" Official Movie Trailer

beaker

Reaction score
I'm comfortable with the idea that I just do not like the feeling or flow of most the trailer(cept for maybe the last half) but I also trust the NEXT full trailer will be the one that rocks(building up with actual shots of Walter and Gary being roomies, wishing for the Muppets to be back, Tex Richman) I just feel this trailer is all wrong, but has a few key things that work

But again, Im excited everyone else can find something fun in it, and if it was made to target the kids going to see Cars 2 than Im fine with that.

Muppetfan44

Reaction score
Do we know for sure if there is going to be another trailer?

I hope that there will be midnight showings because I will definitely be there to see that night and on Thanksgiving. I'll have Thanksgiving dinner with my family then jet off to the theater to see it again to get out of doing dishes. I'll be like, "sorry! I have a date to see my other family" :smile:

beaker

Reaction score

I hope that there will be midnight showings because I will definitely be there to see that night and on Thanksgiving. I'll have Thanksgiving dinner with my family then jet off to the theater to see it again to get out of doing dishes. I'll be like, "sorry! I have a date to see my other family" :smile:
Every major film that comes out receives several teasers, followed by three full length trailers and a good half dozen-dozen tv spots. Just an industry standard. I mean there better be different trailers cut with different tones. After three amazing teasers, I feel they royally dropped the ball and maybe be turning off a lot of potential viewers.

Also I agree...there's Harry Potter and LOTR nerds who show up for the midnight screenings...I consider myself a Muppet nerd who'd love to do a midnight screening, but I doubt there will be one(unlike POTC4)

Frogpuppeteer

Reaction score
thats when it helps to have friends who work in the movie theaters

Fred Smith

Reaction score
Is that Dr. Julius Strangepork I see Behind Scooter??? :smile:

Yup, that's Strangepork all right. He might play a speaking part instead of just an extra like he's doing here. Don't forget Wayne and Wanda, they're on either side here. Wayne was spotted in the third teaser (photo of it on Muppet Wiki) and Wanda pops up several times in this trailer. That's why you have to look carefully at these trailers. :smile:

dwayne1115

Reaction score
i cant belive Wane and Wanda both are back! I hope they have a story in this.

Dearth

Reaction score
I found this little guy in one of my custom fodder boxes the other day...

I think I might just have to paint this guy yellow for a custom 80's Robot!

Alex

BIGMuppetFan

Reaction score

Doesn't Jim Henson and Sprocket do the dishes?? :wink:

Well I can't wait for thanksgiving this year!!

themole

Reaction score
Every major film that comes out receives several teasers, followed by three full length trailers and a good half dozen-dozen tv spots. Just an industry standard. I mean there better be different trailers cut with different tones. After three amazing teasers, I feel they royally dropped the ball and maybe be turning off a lot of potential viewers.
Well how many people, having seen the teasers, have seen the full trailer? We're just talking about movie nerds right now.

Anyway, here's a great example of cutting a trailer to evoke totally different moods...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KmkVWuP_sO0
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hxth1QEKSP4

(my links aren't showing up right now, I guess they have to be approved...)

minor muppetz

Reaction score
This seems to be the first time Wayne and Bobby Benson appeared together on-screen at the same time. They seem to have been made from the same whatnot, and I don't think there were multiple whatnot patterns used (unlike anything muppets). I guess Wayne at least is his own permaneant puppet here.

The two appear at the same time in the archs shot (which shouldn't count) as well as that musical number where Kermit plays the banjo and others are in black tuxedos. I think they are both in the wide shot when Kermit gives a motivational speech. Bobby Benson is seen, but while I didn't spot Wayne there, I did spot the back of Wanda's hat when we see the front of Kermit, whose body blocks out a few characters.

Interestingly, the wedding in MTM and the 30th anniversary special include Bobby Benson in the crowd, but Wanda appears without Wayne.