Sesame Street Spoofs coming to DVD July 5

Status
Not open for further replies.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
When do you suppose we can get a full run-down of the content? My guess is probably when the first review comes out, but we'll have to wait and see. We've got less than three months so we can manage the wait (hopefully).
We got full rundowns of the Old School sets and the 40th anniversary set a week before they were released. With the first Old School set, we got the rundown because somebody got a copy a week early and posted the review at Muppet Central. Full content rundowns were posted at some site (I think Amazon, but I ca't remember) a week before the release, though the same person who got Old School Vol. 1 early also got volume 2 early. Hopefully we'll get a rundown or review before this comes out (I think it's rare for that to happen to Sesame Street DVDs aimed at the target audience, but I have found a number of Sesame Street DVDs in stores before the official release date).

Oscarfan

Reaction score
Ya' know what I'd like to see on this? Those Lowes Theaters trailers. I think the Brief History one would be most fitting, but I just want to see them in superb, DVD quality.

zns

Reaction score
I noticed on the Amazon.com page that the runtime is only a mere 48 minutes. How does that work for a 2-disc set?

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I noticed on the Amazon.com page that the runtime is only a mere 48 minutes. How does that work for a 2-disc set?
I think that's a mistake. I remember when The Best of Elmo 2 was announced it was said the run time would be 27 minutes, but it's actually 50 minutes long, and the Bert & Ernie's Great Adventures DVD was originally announced to include ten segments as opposed to the 13 that was included. So it's probably a mistake.

But you never know.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Yeah, I'm gonna go with that logic. If that WAS the case, and we only got a paltry 20 minutes per disk, it would make no sense, be a complete waste, and this would have been the biggest tease EVER. There is no reason 50 minutes shouldn't be per disk... heck, if it were 48 minutes per disk, it would work (still, a waste of disk, though...).

I'd hate to think the 2-Diskness of this thing is some idiotic illusion that there's a lot in here...

Son of Enik

Reaction score
Wow...I'm without my computer for a few weeks and I find out about this, outstanding news!
I cannot wait to watch this set, looks like a lot of fun! Glad to be back in cyberspace and back at MuppetCentral!

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Well, Muppet Wiki added a new cover image, which is slightly different: The release is no longer referred to as Vols. 1 and 2 (thank goodness!).

Can anybody identify what segment the still image below the Alistar Cookie images comes from? I keep trying to figure it out, and I've watched video clips that I think it could be from, but to no avail.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Well, Warner Bros. posted a clip from the DVD, which is just a clip from the Sesame Letters Unit sketch. I wish they'd have shown a few more clips in what was posted, and I wasn't particularly hoping for a second release of that sketch. But we now know one more clip that we didn't know would be included!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NI7BFOY5kS0

zns

Reaction score
I can't wait for a review!!!

Oscarfan

Reaction score
Yeah, I hope MC has a review up for this one. They haven't had one for almost a year. But, to be fair, we haven't really gotten a reviewable DVD in that time.

Status
Not open for further replies.