Wild Thornberries DVD (interesting development)

Drtooth

Reaction score
C.O.P.S. is getting fully released by Mill Creek, by the way.
http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/news/COPS-Volume-1-and-The-Best-Of/14869
Already mentioned that. Yeah, Cops is a good show and all, but I', REALLY ticked that Gadget's license was given to Fox, who released a Cartoon Catchphrase collection (A collection of no more than 10 episodes out of order in an "Oh well, at least it's something" release). Hopefully with a comic coming out (you wouldn't believe how many stores I had to go to for the preview issue... art's kinda inconsistent but pretty good), someone else will get the license and just release as much of it as possible (THIS TV reruns only have a third of the first season).

Consider this total rumor mill, but it might be coming (along with the remaining volumes of Tiny Toons) some time next year. According to the fine folks at Warner Archive, WHV is looking at a release maybe for next year. I really know nothing, but there's a small chance it might happen. Really rumors if anything.
I have SOOOO much problems with how WB releases stuff that isn't at the moment fresh sitcoms. I'm glad they've decided to release Brave and the Bold in half seasons, but if they don't do same for Mystery Inc, I'm not going to bother. To this day they have refused to release Static Shock and Legion of Super Heroes in seasons (LOSH only had 2)... but Loonatics got a nice release and NO ONE LIKED Loonatics.

As for Animaniacs... originally the big problem was (and this was confirmed by a music scholar) Macadamia Nut used THE REAL music and they were having trouble getting the rights to that song. But then they just put it on the back burner FOREVER. Tiny Toons? Well, the second volume was EDITED and had a bare bones, no special feature at all release. Now, consider this... volume 1 had the PILOT version of Loony Beginning that had additional scenes not seen in rebroadcast. Edits seem... cheap. If sales are because of that, it's their own fault.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I might get the CatDog set, I rather liked that Nicktoon.

Wasn't there a few "lost episodes" from the end of the series that was never aired on Nickelodeon, but on the Nicktoons Network (like Hey Arnold!)?

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I just had a thought...

Is it just possible that Viacom is suddenly releasing all these old-school Nicktoons that we grew up with like this to compete with the Cartoon Network Hall of Fame?

Drtooth

Reaction score
Is it just possible that Viacom is suddenly releasing all these old-school Nicktoons that we grew up with like this to compete with the Cartoon Network Hall of Fame?
It would be if CN Hall of Fame wasn't just 3 sets of DVD's that they didn't completely stop making.

It's either going to be on Nickelodeon or the TeenNick channel. They ARE going to rerun the older shows under a "The 90's are All That" block.

The only CN classics thing I've seen in the last few months (other than the Courage shirt that they sold at Hot Topic being sold at J.C. Penny for a fraction of the cost) was an advertisement for a video game for the 3DS where older and some newer characters fight each other.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Well, I got my copy of Rocko finally today, however I do have a minor quibble... okay, a major quibble, and it's not about the lack of special features...

All of the episodes are out of order. Seriously, episode seven is the first on the set, and the first two episodes are flipped to nine and eight on the set... what's up with that?

Drtooth

Reaction score
I don't get why no special features is the new it thing.... it's just cheap, but it's not going to stop me from buying it. Though, you'd think Joe Murray would knock down their door to put an interview or something on that disk. At least interview Tom Kenny, as that was his first Nickelodeon job (he's in 90% of the other Nicktoons since)... and possibly his first major voice acting role... (he's in 90% of cartoons since).