"The Muppets: Being Green" Teaser Trailer Online

Slackbot

Reaction score
For me it's not the fact of Walter being thrown onto the fence, but the reactions. Segal and Adams just stand there staring at him as he screams for too long, then react in what I think is a very unfunny way. Edited differently, it might be a funny moment.

RedPiggy

Reaction score
I'm not quite sure what an "appropriate" reaction would be though. Muppets are involved in "cartoon" violence. Cry and scream in horror and it's not funny. Laugh and you're a mean bully.

Slackbot

Reaction score
I would try to explain why I think Bunsen & Beaker are funny and this isn't, but someone once said that humor is like a soap bubble; dissect it and it's gone. I'll just shrug and chalk it up to different senses of humor.

Drtooth

Reaction score
His screams are cartoonish enough, but to me, the fact that it's ill timed makes the thing come off strange. Somehow it lacks a "I'm fine, really" type end or a "I don't care if it's dangerous, do it anyway" type introduction. Still, it's one of the few things that shouldn't have been in the trailer, along with the confusing introduction of the Moopets and the obvious short cutaway 80's fixing stuff up montage.

terrimonster

Reaction score
You know, I haven't been able to stop laughing over this whole electric fence thing. Help me understand how Beaker can stick a screwdriver in a museum window and light up and smoke and it's funny (and that's just in one movie, not counting the fact it's a running gag to outright torture him on a regular basis from TMS to youtube), but when Walter does it, it's mean.
I'm in the same boat - I couldn't help but be reminded of that scene in GMC. In terms of cruelty, Walter volunteered and was warned, whereas Beaker was more or less forced to get electrocuted. I get if people don't think it was done in a particularly funny manner (and whether or not the scene was funny in the trailer, it's not fair to judge the scene in the film which was obviously trimmed considerably), but I don't get where some people think it stoops to some new level of cruelty.

Beauregard

Reaction score
I felt it was one of those (slightly overused, but still amusing) long-awkward moments in trailers, with a 'Yup. That happened." reaction after. They are in lots of gross-out comedy trailers or romcoms, where something goes on for just longer than you imagined it would and you laugh nerviously.

Randall Flagg

Reaction score
It seems human nature these days to judge an entire movie from a 30 sec-2 min trailer, and really wish people wouldnt do that...im not saying you arnt entitled to your opinion, but at least give the Movie a chance...the muppets are back on the big screen ..if you see it and dont like it after thats fine...but to write it off from a few short scenes is just dumb im sorry
I'm a bit late getting in on this, but I have to ask: Doesn't this logic also apply to all the people who wrote "Wow! This looks like it will be great!" after just seeing the trailer? Those people are also judging the movie based on a short trailer, so why is that ok, but it's "dumb" for somebody to say that the movie doesn't look good based on the trailer?

A trailer is supposed to make you want to see a movie, and we ALL judge movies at least partially based on trailers. Be honest-- Haven't you ever been watching a trailer and thought to yourself, "Well, that looks pretty dumb. I won't bother seeing that"? I know I certainly have, and I'm sure at least 99.99% of the population has. If you can honestly say you have never done that, you're in a very tiny minority.

Getting back to the trailers themselves-- I think they're okay, and I'll probably end up seeing the movie at some point. I get free movie tickets every Tuesday as part of my cable TV package, so I wouldn't mind using them to see this.

RedPiggy

Reaction score
Maybe B&B's antics are funny for the potential s&m shippiness. Or maybe we all know interns or whatever Beaker is ought to be experimented on by callous professor types. Anyway, Walter realizes what he is, apparently has the "bright" idea to do something only someone like him could do (and most likely survive), so his human (and all too mortal and bloody) friends don't have to get hurt. Sweet, really. :smile:

Frogpuppeteer

Reaction score
I'm a bit late getting in on this, but I have to ask: Doesn't this logic also apply to all the people who wrote "Wow! This looks like it will be great!" after just seeing the trailer? Those people are also judging the movie based on a short trailer, so why is that ok, but it's "dumb" for somebody to say that the movie doesn't look good based on the trailer?
oh you are 100% right i have done that, those dance flicks and twlight are the to big ones, and yes you can argue that its for both sides...i guess what i meant more is i dont get how someone can go "yea im a muppet fan and i hope this movie does well, but im not gonna bother paying to see or rent it, cause the trailer looks lame"

Drtooth

Reaction score
i guess what i meant more is i dont get how someone can go "yea im a muppet fan and i hope this movie does well, but im not gonna bother paying to see or rent it, cause the trailer looks lame"

Well put... good or bad you're not a true fan of something if you're not hyped up to see it. I mean, it would have to have a level of Underdog the movie or Joel Shumacher garbage for me to not want to at LEAST give it a chance.

But if this guy doesn't wanna see it, it's his right to say so... he, however, has NO right if the movie tanks and Disney shovels them under a pile, meaning we'll never even see so much as a T-shirt or official release of classic material ever again to complain about that.