Muppet Plagiarism of Fozzie and Me

TSSD

Reaction score
Wow, that's a really good drawing Frogboy! I can't believe somebody would just take it, add crappy coloring, and sell it as their own. That's just ridiculous!

Slackbot

Reaction score
You actually have a point. You know, out of ALL the really bad Disney bootlegged merchandise I've seen, they never have used unofficial art.
Until now: Cartoon Darkwing Duck New Rare Sport Metal Watch and many other listings that you'll find by searching "Darkwing watch." There's also a wall clock and who knows what else with the same pic. (Given how small my pic is, I imagine the wall clock looks dreadful.)

What weirds me out is that they used what is, in my opinion, not even a very good bit of fan art, when there are similar official pics of Darkwing that look better. I can only guess that they used mine because it's shaded.

Frogboy4, I see that RedBubble has a "Copyright" link at the bottom that leads to a page with, among other things, directions on how to report copyright infringement. Do you know if RedBubble has a track record of acting on these complaints?

Drtooth

Reaction score
What weirds me out is that they used what is, in my opinion, not even a very good bit of fan art, when there are similar official pics of Darkwing that look better. I can only guess that they used mine because it's shaded.
Or it was the first one to pop up on a quick search.

I like his claims of "Check out my Other Item" and they're all crappy watches with stolen icons and logos.

beaker

Reaction score
Eeps, that's rather blatant.

Regarding bootleg stuff on ebay, I don't know why anyone would purchase obvious drek.

But copyright manage and ip is a fickle thing.

Consider how most gamer/geek shirt companies ROUTINELY use copyrighted Nintendo, Star Wars, etc characters in their shirts without paying a single royalty. Is this any different than people making unofficial bootleg mario shirts on ebay?
Sadly most the Mario figure stuff on ebay is now overwhelmingly pirated.

At least on Etsy, while most the art seems based on nintendo/other geek culture stuff, it's home made and time/effort went into it.

For every lead paint encrusted Super Buzz Spaceyear Batman YAY toy, they always have stolen movie screenshots skewed with Spider-Man or someone irrelevant super imposed somewhere. Bootleg Spongebob stuff has badly redrawn and badly illegal Adobe Illustrator rendering... same with almost everything else.

Still, you'd think a company that forced someone to take down a mural would step up against Carrrz 2 the mowvie Lightning McMann and Mater Spider-Man USA GO toys.
I think I'm going to need a translation

Drtooth

Reaction score
I think I'm going to need a translation
I gotta treat someone to a picture of the Chicken Little "Sea Life" stickers set sometime.

but howabout some Politic Pat toys?

This one seems to have official artwork stolen from the internets too.

mr3urious

Reaction score
Politics are kind of like Pokemon, after all. :big_grin:

beaker

Reaction score
At this rate, I don't think intellectual property exists anymore. Lady Gaga, Cascada, etc completely line for line ripoff other songs. The popular hot topic goth line "Emily" is a total ripoff of an older comic. I mean its an amalgamated free for all where everythings been remixed, rebooted, mashed up, and autotuned to a dubstep remix

scottishpiggy

Reaction score
woah thats awful, but, at least the fact that youre INCREDIBLY talented, and making a fellow artist (ie, ME) incredibly jealous. :embarrassed:
As they say imitation is the highest form of flattery. :smirk: you should just pity the person, they dont have your talent, and dont let them quash your gift either. :flirt: