Genuine Muppet Performers Autographs Set including Jim Henson

markit

Reaction score
Hi Everyone ,

I'm still relatively new to the board, having only posted a few times, but I'm a frequent visitor and check in as often as possible being a huge fan.

I had to share these with you, because they may just be the BEST thing i've ever bought from Ebay if not from anywhere...period!

I often search for Jim Hensons autograph as it's always been something I've wanted to add to my collection, so I was surprised to see not just Jim, but the whole set of Muppet performers advertised together in one listing, by someone who had obtained an autograph book at a local auction and was selling all the various different pages individually but grouped the Muppet performers together, which makes sense I guess, but my eyes nearly popped out when I spotted these.

I'm usually quite cautious when buying autographs on there as SO many of them are fakes, they say 4 out of 5, but something about these seemed like the real deal, from the friendly dedications to 'Ann' to the corrected 'mistake' of Dave Goelz trying to spell Beauregard and instead settling with just 'BO' , they have so much character and I truly am thrilled with the set.

Sure enough when they arrived, I was delighted to discover they were indeed the genuine article and I couldn't be happier.

I imagine they were collected in the late 70s when I believe the Muppets performed on tour in some theatres across the UK(??) , I could be wrong, perhaps someone more clued up will be able to elaborate on that.

Also interesting that Frank Oz didn't sign his name, just Miss Piggy & Fozzie, but his handwriting is unmistakable.

Anyway, on to the pics, I haven't yet taken them out of the envelope they came in, I'm not sure how i'll display them just yet, but I'd like to make it a really special display with colour photos in a nice frame to really do them justice.

I'll be sure to post more pics when that's done, and it'll take pride and place amongst my Muppet memorabilia. :smile:

Mark

GonzoLover85

Reaction score
Great find!
This is pretty amazing... how much did you end up paying for all of them if you don't mind my asking?

markit

Reaction score
Hey GonzoLover85, I wouldn't like to say , because I feel way too Lucky getting them for the price I paid , they weren't listed too well and didn't say 'autograph' in the listing and only mentioned Jim, I guess the seller didnt realize how special these would be to a fan, as a whole set.

But I probably would've paid 5 times the amount I paid for them , just for Jim's signature, so that should give you an idea of how much of an absolute bargain they were.

I'm sure I'll crack and tell you how much they were eventually :wink:

Does anyone else on here have any nice autographed treasures to share , or is there a section on here for that ?

Mark

frogtownhollow

Reaction score
VERY nice set!

I bought 2 items on eBay from Lynn Klugmann, who used to work with Jim - a signed photo of Richard Hunt & Scooter, and a photo of the crew from "Emmet Otter" signed by Jim.

I also have a photo and charicatures of Caroll Spinney, Big Bird, and Oscar signed by Caroll (along with 2 of Big Bird's feathers!)

I wrote to Frank Oz, Dave Goelz, Jerry Nelson, Steve Whitmere, and Brian Henson and got pictures and letters from them all.

Scooterfan5

Reaction score
VERY nice set!

I bought 2 items on eBay from Lynn Klugmann, who used to work with Jim - a signed photo of Richard Hunt & Scooter, and a photo of the crew from "Emmet Otter" signed by Jim.

I also have a photo and charicatures of Caroll Spinney, Big Bird, and Oscar signed by Caroll (along with 2 of Big Bird's feathers!)

I wrote to Frank Oz, Dave Goelz, Jerry Nelson, Steve Whitmere, and Brian Henson and got pictures and letters from them all.
Lucky! I would love a Richard Hunt/Scooter photo!:sigh:

MuppetDanny

Reaction score
I have quite a few Muppet autographs:

- Blackpool Illuminations '79 Programme with Jim Henson, Kermit, Waldorf, Richard Hunt, Statler and Sweetums.
- Henson Company Christmas Card '85 with "Jim" in green ink.
- John Denver Muppet Show still with Jim Henson, Kermit, Dave Golez, Gonzo, Beauregard, Zoot, Jerry Nelson, Floyd and Miss Piggy. Sadly Frank didn't write his name.
- Miss Piggy's Glove with "Kissy, Kissy - Miss Piggy"
- Kermit's Guide to the 90's book with Steve Whitmire, Kermit, Dave Golez and Gonzo
- Henson the Works: Steve Whitmire, Kermit, Dave Golez, Gonzo, Beauregard, Zoot, Dr. Bunsen Honeydew, Brian Henson and John Henson
- Henson Company Letter with Cheryl Henson
- A letter from Jerry Juhl
- Elmo Photo with Elmo and Kevin Clash

I think that's last of it :wink:

markit

Reaction score
Wow MuppetDanny, that is awesome, quite a collection, and very cool 'frogtownhollow' (man, that's a mouthful, are we allowed to use first names round here, is that not the done thing, I really don't know, sorry) :smile:

It's so nice to hear stories of where fans have written to their idols and actually received a reply, and an autograph, I never imagined they'd reply if I wrote to them personally, a real testimony to show just how much class these guys have, not just fantastic performers, but really great guys.

I'm really hoping to meet Steve Whitmire if he comes over here for any promotion of the Muppet Movie later in the year.

And in response to how much this set cost me , as I know I won't be selling them on anytime soon, I don't mind saying how much they cost me, it was an absolute steal, and makes a change from being robbed when it comes to autographs, which I have been a few times unfortunately, but I was the winning bidder for the whole set, at around £60 ($95) :smile: Best thing I ever bought on ebay to this day!

Is it ok to ask how you obtained the addresses to write to ? Or was there a fan club or Jim Henson workshop you wrote to ?

markit

Reaction score
Also, MuppetDanny, I think you may have just answered the question for me regarding the history of these autographs , the seller said they were sold at an auction in Blackpool, so more than likely collected at the Illuminations ? I don't know too much about this event, I'll have to look it up , oh and Henson Company Christmas card...too cool!! :smile: