"The Muppets: Being Green" Teaser Trailer Online

Frogpuppeteer

Reaction score
well said to you as well, and your right everyone has the right to see or not see and express their opinions, but dont complain if it tanks and we either get nothing or made for TV movies

Drtooth

Reaction score
I've seen it happen too darn many times. Someone buys something, puts everything into a project, someone whines about how terrible it is outright, and then we never see so much as a TV commercial or DVD again. Sure, live action remakes of cartoons are 90% crap, even when they do a GOOD job, but this isn't one of those times. I'm still trying to figure out why they do Superhero comic book movies, since the more obscure characters confuse the general public, and the fans always have something to complain about on some level.

RedPiggy

Reaction score
Suggest a Labyrinth remake/sequel. Mizumi can't come up with enough water in the world to put out the massive walls of flame that will ensue, LOL.

My brain is already trying to figure out the gags used based on the various trailers. I hope I'll be pleasantly surprised. I'm DYING to see this movie. Heck, even if the trailers were all we got, it's still in a Neo-Muppet-Renaissance we're having right now.

beaker

Reaction score
I'm starting to feel worried about the film. As in the actual film itself. I just can't shake the bad feeling the full trailer leaves me with. Am I a bad Muppet fan?

Also of concern...Toy Story 3 had massive hype long before it came out. I'm guessing the hype for the film starts when the Cars 2 push dies down? Or could this be the most unhyped Disney holiday tentpole of all time?

Beauregard

Reaction score
I'm starting to feel worried about the film. As in the actual film itself. I just can't shake the bad feeling the full trailer leaves me with. Am I a bad Muppet fan?
Sometimes I can't tell if you are just attempting to parody yourself. Hehe. Come on man, that's the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard! Its majorly hyped, just do a Google search for Muppets! It's still too early for anyone to start doing the rounds, but I'm sure something will show up at Comic Con, and there's a screening of the film over here at a big Empire Magazine show where the Muppets will be appearing. Jason and Amy will certainly hit all the chat shows closer to the time and there will, no doubt, be so many tv spots they'll be making you sick of the Muppets before you get to see them!

Drtooth

Reaction score
Way I see it, we've had 3 epic trailers and one that should have been better. I don't really sweat on that fourth one, half the footage was pretty good.

I'd definitely see the hype rolling in around August-September... though other than trailers, I really haven't seen a LOT about the upcoming Pooh movie... but Disney milked Pooh a lot over the years, so it IS kinda hard to tell there. I know the Pez were repackaged with the movie logo for a couple months now...

Whatever, I can't tell.. I lost 2 Disney stores. :grouchy: Grrrr... Simon Malls and their leasing policies...

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
But if this guy doesn't wanna see it, it's his right to say so... he, however, has NO right if the movie tanks and Disney shovels them under a pile, meaning we'll never even see so much as a T-shirt or official release of classic material ever again to complain about that.
But at the same time, fans shouldn't have to feel like they're being issused an ultimatum. "Spend your movie to see this and like it, or you'll never see your classics again! Bwahaha!" Lol, especially with movies being so expensive lately, and during a recession, I think fans have a right to know if they can expect quality beforehand.

Drtooth

Reaction score
But at the same time, fans shouldn't have to feel like they're being issused an ultimatum. "Spend your movie to see this and like it, or you'll never see your classics again! Bwahaha!" Lol, especially with movies being so expensive lately, and during a recession, I think fans have a right to know if they can expect quality beforehand.
It's business. I have no doubt in the back of my mind, if rights aren't the issue with the lack of seasons 4 and 5, they're holding them hostage to see how well the movie goes.

All too often do I see a bursting rush of merchandise when a movie comes out, then the movie tanks, the stuff goes on clearance (sometimes deep, "we're gonna throw it away" clearance) and we don't even see DVD's or any of the older media the fans want ever again. It's a double edged sword. If it wasn't for Classic Media getting the rights to Bullwinkle, we'd never see the DVD's.

We ALL want this film to do well, and I'm sure we all want to contribute to the best of our ability to the Box Office. It's ONE movie. You only need see it once. If it's bad, than it's bad and we have a lot of classic stuff coming out as well. Plus, if you see it, you at least have the right to complain about the quality. And surely, there's nothing else of interest coming out then... I mean, 10 bucks? That's nothing.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
I mean, 10 bucks? That's nothing.
In my situation, it is something, heh.

But I agree that if you're going to dislike something, you should see it first, whether in the theater or on DVD.

Frogpuppeteer

Reaction score
i think I am officially dropping out of this debate Drtooth has basically said all there is need to be said ,It's a double edged sword, we are just going in circles now about how one disagrees and one doesn't and yes both sides are right, i just feel we should give the Muppets this one chance, incase they get swept under the carpet again for who knows how long, i want this movie to do well and you bet i'm seeing it at the very least 3 times and i will gladly pay my 10 bucks each time. you don't want to see it? fine don't see it but don't take my joy away from it and don't come here saying its the worst movie ever when you never even gave it the time of day to truly see how it is