The Muppet Show - Zoot Endings

ZootSaxPlayer

Reaction score
Can someone please send me the ITC screenshots from the end of the Harry Belafonte, Roger Miller, Dudley Moore, and Mac Davis episodes? Thank you!

Whatnot1988

Reaction score
On YouTube, I saw the original closing credits to the Cleo Laine episode, and the Zoot ending had a logo identical to the one shown on my avatar. Since the credits were left-alligned, I assume this is the UK ending.

I too, would love to see the post- season 2 and episode-specific ATV/ITC closings. I've already seen the Kaye Ballard closing.

David French

Reaction score
Just so there's no confusion over any of this, each season of TMS would use the same end shot of Zoot - seasons one and two he is hatless; seasons three to five he is wearing his hat.

I think Chilly Down is getting confused with the close-up of Floyd during the end credits of Season Two which shows him blinking and wearing his hat, even though he is hatless throughout the rest of the credits.

The end shot of Zoot is missing from some episodes of TMS where the end was intentionally changed to keep in with the theme of the show. I will elaborate further at a later time.

David French

Reaction score
As I was saying, here is a list of the changes made to the Zoot endings...

Kaye Ballard - for this episode Rowlf is forced to play the end theme by himself following the departure of the house band (*not* the Electric Mayhem). The original ending, which is missing from the DVD, shows Rowlf looking nervously at the camera while Nigel bows to the audience.

Loretta Lynn - the final shot is meant to be of the house band at the railroad station. Again, this is missing from the DVD.

Harry Belafonte - the final note is played onstage by one of the African-masked puppets. From memory, it's the one performed by Jerry Nelson.

Roger Miller - chicken-Zoot plays the final note. Later syndicated versions removed the original final shots of the orchestra pit and Zoot playing the final note; these are missing from the DVD.

Dudley Moore - When Animal hits MAMA, it plays the final note and then Animal falls to the ground as though he has been electrocuted.

Mac Davis - the final note is played by one of the Beakers. As with the Roger Miller episode, later versions edited out the final shots of the orchestra pit and Beaker playing the final note.

Whew! Any questions?

ZootSaxPlayer

Reaction score
As I was saying, here is a list of the changes made to the Zoot endings...

Kaye Ballard - for this episode Rowlf is forced to play the end theme by himself following the departure of the house band (*not* the Electric Mayhem). The original ending, which is missing from the DVD, shows Rowlf looking nervously at the camera while Nigel bows to the audience.

Loretta Lynn - the final shot is meant to be of the house band at the railroad station. Again, this is missing from the DVD.

Harry Belafonte - the final note is played onstage by one of the African-masked puppets. From memory, it's the one performed by Jerry Nelson.

Roger Miller - chicken-Zoot plays the final note. Later syndicated versions removed the original final shots of the orchestra pit and Zoot playing the final note; these are missing from the DVD.

Dudley Moore - When Animal hits MAMA, it plays the final note and then Animal falls to the ground as though he has been electrocuted.

Mac Davis - the final note is played by one of the Beakers. As with the Roger Miller episode, later versions edited out the final shots of the orchestra pit and Beaker playing the final note.

Whew! Any questions?
Can you please upload some screenshots of these alternate Zoot endings?

Whatnot1988

Reaction score
There is a screenshot of the Kaye Ballard ending in the episode guide on this site.

Does anyone know the ending for the Spike Milligan episode (the one with the "Small World" ending)?

David French

Reaction score
Does anyone know the ending for the Spike Milligan episode (the one with the "Small World" ending)?
Same as the DVD; after the shot of Statler and Waldorf singing we cut to the regular end titles.

I've got that ending on VHS, however I don't have the facilities to do screencaps.

David French

Reaction score
Danny are you able to provide a screencap for the ITC or ATV endings for any of the following - Lynn Redgrave, Roger Miller, Roy Rogers & Dale Evans?

I'm wanting to check the copyright dates for each, as my memory is the last two have the copyright date 1979 and I can't remember if it's the same for Lynn Redgrave.