"The Looney Tunes Show" premieres May 3, 2011

MuppetsFan4Life

Reaction score
I love the show! It may be new, but it still has the same feel and comedy that we know and love! I just wish that Lola didn't change so much. I liked her better in Space Jam. But Taz as a "dog" is really cute! <3

The Mush

Reaction score
Good god is this horrible.
I'm a big Looney Tunes fan, and this show is just crap!:mad:
The only things I like about this show are the great designs by Jessica Borutski (a combo of Clampett, Jones, anime, and herself) some animation on Daffy (which is top-notch), and some voices. The rest is crap. Just don't watch it. It'll make your eyes bleed from its badness.

Erine81981

Reaction score
I really like. I'm recording every show on a disc. I love all the characters. My favorite was the Taz episode. Especially the part where Bugs and Daffy are trying to find the owner and ask Granny and she can't hear very well. Funny stuff! Or the Reunion episode too. Just to know that Daffy was a dork. I kinda like the Road Runner and Coyote shorts. Just love what they've done with the characters.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Good god is this horrible.
I'm a big Looney Tunes fan, and this show is just crap!:mad:
The only things I like about this show are the great designs by Jessica Borutski (a combo of Clampett, Jones, anime, and herself) some animation on Daffy (which is top-notch), and some voices. The rest is crap. Just don't watch it. It'll make your eyes bleed from its badness.
Would you rather them go back to being a generic action heroes with little or no humor or would you rather them just rot away on old footage and complain about how terrible new cartoons are? I'm sick of hearing BOTH. Nobody likes reboots, and no body likes new ideas. So called cartoon fans just want Animaniacs, Invader Zim, and Batman TAS rerun forever on an infinite loop. Those are great shows, but how many reruns can one possible take. And we all know if they made new episodes of those, they'd instantly suck in comparison. Look at what happened with Family Guy. They begged to get it back, and half the old fans left after the second new season. It's no win.

And considering how Classic Media butchered the New George of the Jungle (what's so new about making it look like the same unfunny frantic stupidity of My Gym Partner) at the very least, they kept the character personalities more or less in tact. I will NEVER forgive them making George a skinny hyper idiot with good grammar and stealing Ape named Ape's erudite British accent.

Sorry, but ANYTHING is better than Baby Looney Tunes or Loonatics Unleashed. And these days everything has to be completely right at ya for it to matter. Classics are seen as relics, The show's decent from what I've seen, but I think Casa de Calma is the episode that was the wake up call. But saying "it's so bad you'll burn your eyes" is bull and we all know that. I've seen stuff that made my flesh crawl and bash my head against the wall. It's no where near that quality. It's off to a weird start and it uses very current humor. It's a shame they aren't doing anything like the old cartoons, but who are we kidding? Even when they do, they get complaints that they're not good enough. Though, from what I've seen, this stuff's a CRAPLOAD better than some of the terrible late 60's shorts. Anyone ever see Bunny and Clyde? Yuck!

I will say, I don't dig it as much as I dig MAD and Regular Show. Mad's been getting much better (though, uh... I was watching them online out of order). The Limitless parody with the Muppets was brilliant, the Office with Wolverine replacing Michael Scott later in the same episode doubly so.

Erine81981

Reaction score
Would you rather them go back to being a generic action heroes with little or no humor or would you rather them just rot away on old footage and complain about how terrible new cartoons are? I'm sick of hearing BOTH. Nobody likes reboots, and no body likes new ideas. So called cartoon fans just want Animaniacs, Invader Zim, and Batman TAS rerun forever on an infinite loop. Those are great shows, but how many reruns can one possible take. And we all know if they made new episodes of those, they'd instantly suck in comparison. Look at what happened with Family Guy. They begged to get it back, and half the old fans left after the second new season. It's no win.

And considering how Classic Media butchered the New George of the Jungle (what's so new about making it look like the same unfunny frantic stupidity of My Gym Partner) at the very least, they kept the character personalities more or less in tact. I will NEVER forgive them making George a skinny hyper idiot with good grammar and stealing Ape named Ape's erudite British accent.

Sorry, but ANYTHING is better than Baby Looney Tunes or Loonatics Unleashed. And these days everything has to be completely right at ya for it to matter. Classics are seen as relics, The show's decent from what I've seen, but I think Casa de Calma is the episode that was the wake up call. But saying "it's so bad you'll burn your eyes" is bull and we all know that. I've seen stuff that made my flesh crawl and bash my head against the wall. It's no where near that quality. It's off to a weird start and it uses very current humor. It's a shame they aren't doing anything like the old cartoons, but who are we kidding? Even when they do, they get complaints that they're not good enough. Though, from what I've seen, this stuff's a CRAPLOAD better than some of the terrible late 60's shorts. Anyone ever see Bunny and Clyde? Yuck!

I will say, I don't dig it as much as I dig MAD and Regular Show. Mad's been getting much better (though, uh... I was watching them online out of order). The Limitless parody with the Muppets was brilliant, the Office with Wolverine replacing Michael Scott later in the same episode doubly so.
I agree with you all the way Drtooth. My friend is the same way. I told him about the new Voltron being that i had missed the first episode and all and then he told me that he didn't care being that all this CGI crap in the reboots and stuff of older shows but i still enjoy all the older shows i grew up watching but i want newer stuff to keep coming out even if it is reboots or newer shows. I know that generations repeat them self because i would hear my dad or mother say, "They don't make cartoons like they used to" but they didn't really care about the newer stuff just cause they don't watch it now. And so now i hear my friends saying the samething but i ever so often will say it myself talking about the shows i would watch. But people are going to say or do whatever they want to do. That's my two cents sorry to have rambled on.

Drtooth

Reaction score
So few cartoons actually have a solid ending. Maybe Jackie Chan Adventures (though, with every season, they managed to wrap up all loose ends in case they didn't get renewed).... but every cartoon I've seen just manages to meander off on some tangent and they rarely ever acknowledge they're not going to be back. We're never fully satisfied and want them to continue, or at least comeback in some way or form. And when they do, it's NEVER good enough.

Characters like Mickey, Bugs, and I'll even throw in The Muppets never die. They need to come back every so often with something. Now, at the risk of sounding hypocritical I HATE the look, feel, and overall educational content of Mickey Mouse Clubhouse and WANT them to go back and do a Mouseworks like show... but at LEAST they have Disney characters in the Disney store Disney created (or took credit for).

There are a lot of BAD reboots out there (George of the Jungle... I mean, REALLY? Even the movie got his personality right), but there are a lot of good ones as well. Again, I LOVED TMNT until the toy company started futzing with the format. Though, the only GOOD sequel to Yogi Bear was Yogi's Treasure Hunt, maybe the super stars 10 movies ... the live action movie, Space Race, and Yo Yogi (in that order, BTW) were all garbage.

LT had only 2 REALLY bad reboots, IMO... Baby Looney Tunes and Loonatics Unleashed... and I really ran that into the ground, but they were just terrible. Though, to be fair, LU seemed to turn the corner in the second season with some watchable episodes, but it still was generic. Even the movies were enjoyable enough. However, I cannot stress enough that the late 60's ones (with exceptions, particularly Chuck Jones's experimental book based cartoons) were extremely hit or miss. I HATE Injun Trouble. it's just bad Native American Stereotype jokes for 6 minutes.

I want to keep the old stuff, no doubt about it, but I want NEW stuff. New shows, new characters to love... new experiences. But even then, I want to see old friends in new stories within reason. I LOVE Tiny Toons, Duck Dodgers, Sylvester and Tweety Mysteries and Taz-Mania.

Drtooth

Reaction score
DVD release on September 27.
http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/news/Looney-Tunes-Season-1-Volume-1/15616

But only 4 episodes?! I'll still buy this DVD but wow, that's not even two hours. Oh well, if there's ever a season 1 box set I can sell it off.
I hate Warner Bros home entertainment. They're stubbornly stuck in the early 00's thinking ANYONE will blow 15 bucks on 4 episodes when they can easily sell 13 episodes for less than 20! THIS is why no one buys DVD's anymore. Way to stop internet piracy, you lazy cheapskates!

I bought 10 freaking episodes of World of Quest for 5 bucks... no.. I bought 10 episodes of WoQ and 10 episodes of something else for 5 bucks together on SALE! The DVD is rounding the obselecense bases, and they still have baby friendly releases of 4 episodes for a show rated TV PG?!?! NO ONE WANTS THAT! Someone's gotta start rising up and complaining about that.

Drtooth

Reaction score
After seeing a few more episodes, there are only 2 things that bug me about this show.

The first is that I really find the Merrie Melodies segments far superior to the CGI Road Runner bits... while they do have some of the spirit of the old cartoons, I just wish the CGI animation was of much higher quality. They still look like PS2 Game cutscenes to me.

And Lola. Now... I don't think the writers or producers really wanted to make the character a crazy idiot, but it just naturally happened when they cast Kristen Wiig to play her. Fred Armisand's Speedy, I've enjoyed and I'm pretty fond of what they did with the character.... but Kristen... it's like they said, "HEY! Make her one of your generic crazy characters from SNL!" And somehow, it seems a LOT of her lines is ad libbed. I watched the Bachelor auction episode on the CN web site yesterday, and while I loved the bit about Daffy listening to Granny's WW II story, I felt the part where Lola just kept getting monuments confused fell flat. Maybe it's just Kristen Wiig manages to make everything unfunny.

Now that I think of it, I really think they should have played the character's Space Jam "Don't call me Doll" energetic uber woman character to a satirical extreme. Sort of like Sandy in Spongebob loves dangerous extreme activities that injure the heck out of Spongebob.... Somehow, Bugs being in that kind of a relationship is better than him being with a crazy stalker.

Redsonga

Reaction score
I do wish she had kept her Space Jam self since to me that is the character. It's a shame she might just be known as an air head. I mean even a bit crazy me thought she was over the top for a show where they seem to be making everyone into 'normal people...

I miss Taz-Mania...Reruns might kill shows its true, but when the reruns have become as rare and nearly as old as the show itself don't think it would hurt anything..Many of the old LT shows haven't been on in any way for YEARS if you don't get Boomerang (which my town never has)