Campaign for Medicom to make Life-Sized Muppets!

muppetperson

Reaction score
As eFX's plans to make Photo puppet Replicas have died, I thought maybe we could start a campain to get Medicom to make us lifesize Muppet figures out of jointed vinyl, covered in fur, so they will be visual replicas.It would be cheaper and quicker than using stuffing,armature and sewing.They also already are a Disney licensee, which would make it easier for them to get a Muppet licence.Anyone who would like to help with this could send an email so if they get enough interest, it will inspire them to act.Send to overseas@medicomtoy.co.jp

muppetperson

Reaction score
Thanks for the bump. They did a great job on the fur and Vinyl Gizmo Prop size replica, that proves a Muppet replica can be done the same way.unfortuately, Gizmo wasn't cheap!

Drtooth

Reaction score
I dunno. I'd much rather them make large Vynal Muppets with and without flocking. I'm not a flocking fan.

muppetperson

Reaction score
I think flocking or covered fur, adds to the realism. Otherwise, they'd be just a life size action figure.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I honestly wouldn't mind large scale action figures. I really liked the Muppet Megas line (even though I never got Animal, and he's probably too expensive to track down). I'm just saying it would be great if they produced both flocked and unflocked versions.

SweetPiggy

Reaction score
As eFX's plans to make Photo puppet Replicas have died, I thought maybe we could start a campain to get Medicom to make us lifesize Muppet figures out of jointed vinyl, covered in fur, so they will be visual replicas.It would be cheaper and quicker than using stuffing,armature and sewing.They also already are a Disney licensee, which would make it easier for them to get a Muppet licence.Anyone who would like to help with this could send an email so if they get enough interest, it will inspire them to act.Send to overseas@medicomtoy.co.jp

Funny I was just thinking why they didn't do this from the beginning. The cost and price would be way lower so more people would buy them and the line wouldn't die out do to poor sales. Also since there sculpted they would be way more film accurate. Besides its not like the other MR Muppets could be used as actual puppets anyways. There just for display.
Sadly I have this feeling that do to the success of the 2011 Muppet film and the soon to be released 2014 Muppet film Disney's not that desperate to make money off of the Muppets since they are making it at the box office. Also since they are a success again Disney might wanna keep merchandise that resembles actual Muppets off the market.
I hope I'm wrong!:frown: