"The Muppets: Fuzzy Pack" Teaser Trailer On-line

Drtooth

Reaction score
Did anyone see this attached to an actual movie, or was it just an internet exclusive?

dwmckim

Reaction score
They could so easily do a spoof trailer modeled after Bad Teacher if they wanted to - classroom shots, Jason Segel...

Dearth

Reaction score
I was watching the Fuzzy Pack trailer again just now. The Rubik's Cube on the dusty desk always makes me smile, because I too am a child of the 80's and I still keep a Rubik's Cube on my nightstand.

Then it dawned on me, the last place I saw a Rubik's Cube was in ANOTHER Disney film. One can be seen on Sam Flynn's childhood shelf in the flashback scene at the beginning of TRON: Legacy.

What's with Disney and Rubik's Cubes?

Alex

Dearth

Reaction score
So as I went to bed last night, I noticed blearily that my youngest son had scrambled the Rubik's Cube that's on my nightstand. When I woke up just now, I spent a few minutes restoring it back to solid, using muscle memory and the steps in a book that I memorized in the 80's and still recall at least half of.

My mind drifted to videos I've seen of people speed-solving the cube, even videos where people built cube-solving robots, and BAM it hit me.

The last place I saw a cube was in TRON 2, but that was just as set dressing, same as in The Muppets trailer. But there was a minor plot point involving one in a very successful Pixar film before that!

Rubik's Cube in The Muppets (trailer) 2011...
Rubik's Cube in TRON: Legacy 2010...
Rubik's Cube in Wall-e 2008!

So what IS with Disney and Rubik's Cubes?

Alex

beaker

Reaction score
Perhaps the Rubix Cube represents makind's split from semiotic structuralism into a sort of freefall cultural entropy? Err, or maybe they're just big 80's nerds

scottishpiggy

Reaction score
:smile:
The perfect kind of viral campaign that we know works well with the Muppets. Disney was smart to cease the Muppets.com clips for a while until unveiling this movie effort. They really know what they're doing.

This is funny stuff! I hope they don't give too much away, but this looks cram-packed with goodness so I'm not too worried.

One thing that hasn't been addressed on the forums much yet is the puppet building. Now please don't jump down my throat about this. As a fan we nit-pick so just take it in stride like that. Make no mistake, I am extremely excited and my comments are merely about personal preference and not the overall value of the movie. So if you don't want to discuss that portion, please stop reading. But if you're a fan who enjoys geeking out on the details then read on...

I must admit that my keen eye isn't blown away by all the puppet rebuilds. Most of them look nice and it's great to see Thog back in action. It appears that they've settled on this new Gonzo design. I think he looked his best in the years between MCC and LTS. Why change him now? I'm still not impressed with the Pig. She looks better, but not great. I still think they should chuck the whole design and go back to the GMC pattern. Characters like Janice, Rowlf, Sweetums, Kermit and Sam look awesome. For some reason some of them look slightly off. After taking a second look at Scooter, Floyd, Fozzie, Swedish Chef and a few of the others, they look a little less refined than the top quality results from the Henson Company years. It's almost like the patterns have been simplified to enable longer durability and easier replication. Or maybe they just had a tall order of cast members to fill. Just to be clear - I'm not saying these puppet efforts are bad in any way. I'm saying they look more like a B+ effort than an A+ effort. This is more of an observation than a complaint. Harry is kind of funny because to me he appears to be almost too clean and well made. What a beautiful puppet! One thing I am blown away with is just how emotive the Walter puppet can be! I didn't expect that. Any thoughts on the character design?

And still no Pepe or other of Bill's characters in sight. Weirdness.
have to say I agree. being a somewhat obsessive fan, I dont like the new puppets, and the poster looks weird. Now there have been many stages of muppets, i might me a die hard fan but i dont like the very 1st version of piggy, the piggy i know and love, and other muppets, are in my head, like those in GMC. I dont understand why they need redone - ok, wear and tear yes, but surely you can stick to the old design, on the basis of if it aint broke dont fix it. Then again I was never happy that disney bought the muppets. To me its always looked cheaply made without that passion that Jim had, but thats just my personal opinion. I am thrilled they are back - however i was thrilled about muppets wizard of oz and was majorly dissapointed, so I dont wanna get my hopes too high. I know people will probably say, but henson wouldve sold anyway - but thats just it, he didnt. So basically, i blame disney on the new puppets. But, if thats only thing i can find fault with, then im going to be very happy :smile:

scottishpiggy

Reaction score
Sorry, but I don't think it's their fault.

This is not a good time to pick on them or be pessimistic anyway. The movie needs all the support it can get.
well. spot the non die hard fan. Dude, look, like it or lump it, disney have changed the muppets and in the past made cheaply made shaudy films. I fully support the muppets in every way, and ill be one of the 1st in line to see this, but I fail to see how my opinion, and dislike of disney, ON A FORUM, is going to have ANY impact on disney or the muppets
Dont you see that its BECAUSE I love the muppets so very much I have such an opinion? :grr:

And if its not their fault who is it?