Muppet Babies DVD Box Sets

Redsonga

Reaction score
Well, let's not forget that there are still not right now future moms of our generation like me who haven't had babies yet at all :stick_out_tongue:. So there will always be some market until we get into our 40's if not later ^.^ To say nothing of the fact that the group that will buy them anyway, even without kids yet is bigger than you would think ;3

KermieBaby47

Reaction score
I wonder if these seasons will be available soon through Disney's new MOD program? That's my biggest hope, besides finally getting to finish DuckTales and Rescue Rangers. :sympathy:

Redsonga

Reaction score
I'm not sure, Disney doesn't seem that much in a hurry to market anything animated, I think it will be a few years yet, and most likely they will be putting out all the classic muppet films again to go with the new movie. Maybe after that?

Drtooth

Reaction score
I'm not sure, Disney doesn't seem that much in a hurry to market anything animated, I think it will be a few years yet, and most likely they will be putting out all the classic muppet films again to go with the new movie. Maybe after that?

I've said it before. Disney just sucks at releasing box sets. They don't even have any for Phineas and Ferb, and that would be a GOLD MINE! All I ever see are crummy 90 minute movie sized compilations of the show.

I mean, I'm sort of grateful they bothered releasing unfinished sets of Darkwing, Ducktales, Rescue Rangers, Talespin and Gummi Bears, even though they were bare bones... but think about this:

When they rereleased Lion King to DVD, they didn't bother with the Timon and Pumbaa cartoon, nor did they bother releasing Buzz Lightyear of Star Command when Toy Story 3 came out. In theaters OR DVD.

Still, Diz managed to sub-license their TERRIBLE 00's era family sitcoms to Lionsgate. Why there's a call for According to Jim is beyond me. And why they don't do that with Disney shows (though they'd be claiming them up all over youtube... beats WMG doing it without actually releasing anything) is beyond me.

Redsonga

Reaction score
It's all about I think that they know people know their new series but they think that anything old isn't a 'sure thing'. The trouble is I wonder if they know how active sharing their 'unknown' series actually is... Muppet Babies is about as widely burned on DVR as The New Adventures Of WTP, if not moreso :\

Drtooth

Reaction score
It's all about I think that they know people know their new series but they think that anything old isn't a 'sure thing'. The trouble is I wonder if they know how active sharing their 'unknown' series actually is... Muppet Babies is about as widely burned on DVR as The New Adventures Of WTP, if not moreso :\
New series are NEVER a sure thing because they cost a royal fortune at retail (Almost 50 bucks for Two and a Half Men that you can see in syndication?), but when they do older series, depending on the license and cost, they're usually much cheaper. MB no doubt has a lot of issues with rights to begin with, but even then, Disney HATES box sets. There's a LOT of stuff they could make a small fortune off of. They have no shortage of old cartoons, most based on classic characters or movies that still hold up. But they couldn't even finish off fan favorite Gargoyles. So what does that tell you?

scottishpiggy

Reaction score
even if its recorded from TV - I got a set like that - and you discover despite owning 120 episodes, that most are doubles and a lot of episodes are missed. Im missing my favourite episodes frm my set such as transgo jobot, blue for you, weirdo (im going by songs here lol) and also the one where rowlf is the pied piper of hamster. Mibbe it comes down to all the film clips that are used which is why disney dont release them. But i think its more money - the just dont see the market

scottishpiggy

Reaction score
and now im gonna go watch the ones I have. Even If it is the same 6 episodes around 3 times each.... lol

Drtooth

Reaction score
Mibbe it comes down to all the film clips that are used which is why disney dont release them. But i think its more money - the just dont see the market
Disney doesn't think anything has a market unless it's a 90 minute movie. They refuse to release their hottest show on television, Phineas and Ferb in box sets or even collected volumes of more than 6 episodes... what does that tell you?

scottishpiggy

Reaction score
Disney doesn't think anything has a market unless it's a 90 minute movie. They refuse to release their hottest show on television, Phineas and Ferb in box sets or even collected volumes of more than 6 episodes... what does that tell you?
it tells me my loathing of disney is justified. :embarrassed: