"The Muppets" Official US Poster and Standee

Frogpuppeteer

Reaction score
mini source tells me theaters have a new trailer waiting to debut

Reevz1977

Reaction score
Woo hoo, can't wait! ! ! ! I cannot tell you how many times I've watched the others!

One other thing I find strange (chances are I'm being an idiot!), but is this the first time the stars have gotten top billing over the Muppets?

theprawncracker

Reaction score
I wonder what it's set to debut in front of... Smurfs is the only thing that comes out this weekend that I could see holding a Muppet trailer. Cowboys and Aliens? Doubtful. I guess we'll see!

Barry Lee

Reaction score
I wonder what it's set to debut in front of... Smurfs is the only thing that comes out this weekend that I could see holding a Muppet trailer. Cowboys and Aliens? Doubtful. I guess we'll see!
I'm thinking the Smurfs, because that'd be a wise decision, unless it turns into a flop...

Drtooth

Reaction score
One other thing I find strange (chances are I'm being an idiot!), but is this the first time the stars have gotten top billing over the Muppets?
I see a LOT of amazon Muppet movies and TV show listings like that. I swear the Follow that Bird DVD had Sally Kellerman as top billing in the listing. Like you can name 5 people who remember who Sally Kellerman is. There was another, but I forget.

Seems like movies are pretty much marketed like that anyway. The biggest name stars get top billing, even if they're barely in the film. And somehow cartoon characters/puppets don't count.

New trailer sounds good. Hopefully with a LOT more polish than the first official not parody one (the lack of polish and possible use of test footage was my complaint). And a lot less confusing Moopets bits.

Mo Frackle

Reaction score
Great poster (even though it still looks photoshopped). And the standee is simply epic. Check out the details like the various Muppet photos around the room, the Muppet cupcakes (including a Snowth one), Muppet magazines, Scooter trying to control Animal (who looks like he's after Amy Adams), and Crazy Harry eyeing Floyd's ELECTRIC guitar. And I'm glad to see that Pepe and Rizzo will evidentally have something to do in the movie (unless adding them into these posters was just done to draw more attention from casual fans, which I doubt). Even the 80s robot and Miss Poogy got to be in the poster.

Also, is it just me or is Rizzo in the standee twice? That's clearly him talking to the Swedish Chef on the steps, but I can also spot a rat up on the outside balcony that looks like Rizzo (in a suit and tie).

LinkiePie<3

Reaction score
Teehee! :laugh: Link's looking quite distinguished in a trench coat. :flirt:

This is going to be great. I really love both the poster, and standee. I'm psyched! <3

SSLFan

Reaction score
I have to say, I'm diggin' this new poster. Much better than the previous one.

I'm even more excited for this movie now!:smile:

zns

Reaction score
They are both great looking. Obviously Disney and Jason Segal are trying to pull out all of the stops to make this a great movie, along with bringing the Muppets back into the spotlight.