While we're pairing off Fraggles...

CoOKiE

Reaction score
ok i'm sorry but i'm a fan of the original story. I dont see any (like i said once before) Dawson Creek connection. Sure, because Dawson and Joey were friends, n they got together, doesn't mean we'll be seeing some fraggle on fraggle action. And for that, i'm glad.

Ok, so its a fanfic. but why? Why not have Elmo and Zoey git together... i mean if you want to use yer imagination on Gobo n Red or Boober with Mokey... Elmo and Zoey are clearly JUST FRIENDS... so obviously they're suppossed to be together... judgin by yer standards... am i right?

Not trying to argue, just tryin to voice my opinion about all this sillyness. I git it tho. Most of you THOUGHT they'd be together... but why make fanfics about it?

Hrodulf

Reaction score
Elmo is too annoying to get together with anybody. And I really just brought it up because it's an interesting way to explore the characters' personalities, and how they would interact in a 'what if' relationship situation that will obviously never happen.

Same thing for fanfiction, it's just another way to explore who the characters are.

And until someone proposes cotterpin/trash heap, I'm darned if I can find anything wrong with it (I tried to quote a line from 2001, but the relevant word got censored).

Fraggline

Reaction score
Actually, I've read that Gobo is supposed to sound Canadian, hence all of the " ehs ". :smirk:
I've read that too, and it makes perfect sense. Yet some part of me is somewhat confused and slightly amused about it: is there a "Canada" in Fraggle Rock?
Also, I wonder if Jerry Nelson created that part of Gobo through performing or if the writers planned it.

Fraggline

Reaction score
Not trying to argue, just tryin to voice my opinion about all this sillyness. I git it tho. Most of you THOUGHT they'd be together... but why make fanfics about it?
I see your side, too. Personally, I'm a romance-lover when it comes to television, but I often get in over my head about it. Sometimes, though, in my opinion, it's just better for characters to stay friends because a friendship has parts to it that a romantic relationship does not.

Collgoff

Reaction score
I've read that too, and it makes perfect sense. Yet some part of me is somewhat confused and slightly amused about it: is there a "Canada" in Fraggle Rock?
Also, I wonder if Jerry Nelson created that part of Gobo through performing or if the writers planned it.
I think it's both!

MrsPepper

Reaction score
Some of my family is Candian!
Wow, OLD POST! And yay! Yeah, I love Gobo's tiny knitted tuque. A small nod to where they filmed it... though Toronto is one of the most "american" places in Canada, which is a bit ironic! But maybe it wasn't in the 80s.