MR's Fozzie Prototype found!

Kermieuk

Reaction score
How did this fozzie end up in the UK? Of course I'd love to own this but no way would I consider spending that much I just couldn't! If a fozzie replica did ever get released it would loose so much of it's value too!

Great find though.

Reeve if you get it maybe you could charge people like me to come and see it . Lol

Reevz1977

Reaction score
Buying this would actually do me a favour, you see for months all I have been hearing is "when are you gonna get rid of all that **** in the loft? ? ?"*. The guy from The Monster Company is interested in a few collectables I own... Everyones a winner! ! ! ! :smile:

*Genuine quote, she's a potty-mouth swine my missus!

ashkent

Reaction score
It's funny how missuses always seem to say that..mine said the same when i started working on my Animal replica...seems to have this crazy idea that I'm going to make other characters...don't know where she could get that idea from. None whatsoever.

muppetperson

Reaction score
How did this fozzie end up in the UK? Of course I'd love to own this but no way would I consider spending that much I just couldn't! If a fozzie replica did ever get released it would loose so much of it's value too!

Great find though.

Reeve if you get it maybe you could charge people like me to come and see it . Lol
I found this quite interesting, as on one hand, MR told me that Fozzie went missing, yet they have provided the COA, which means they knew he was to be sold! The prototypes were suppose to be forwarded to either eFX or Disney.Even Terry Angus, the builder, put a request for it.Sorry, Stuart, for breaking your secret, but at that price, I think it is fairly safe.I wish you luck in trying to get him.

ElecMayhem

Reaction score
Wow, interesting. I didn't expect to see one of these turn up. Very interesting, indeed.

Remember, after the Corgi merger, Master Replicas had two offices -- and quite a few staff members -- in the UK. So, it's not terribly surprising that that's where one of these ended up, I guess. What's surprising to me it that he's shown up AT ALL.

As far as I knew, all 3 of Terry's original samples went to China. (I don't think there ever was a "missing Fozzie." We originally made 3 samples -- 2 for factories & 1 for marketing. However, after many, many months of trying to produce Fozzie at the factory, the 3rd sample was sent over to the HK Office as well, to try to shop for a new vendor.) Maybe someone in the UK had one sent back to them from China... though, I had been led to believe that the samples at the factory had been "dissected." It's all very strange.

Well, as much as I would like to have a Fozzie, I certainly cannot afford £5000. The COA is also confounding -- although, who knows who created/signed it. It might have been someone in the UK who was not even communicating with the US offices. No idea.

Very strange and interesting...

AnimalAttack

Reaction score
The price may be steep, but totally worth it for a one of a kind collectible such as this. If this was a Star Wars prototype of this magnitude, I can't even imagine how much it would go for. We're not even talking about a Palisades action figure prototype, this is the genuine article here!!

Nick22

Reaction score
Holy crud. That's expensive! Well, anyway I hope you get him Reevz! I'd love to see some awesome pictures of him! :smile:

Reevz1977

Reaction score
I had organised to meet up with the guy this coming Thursday and see Fozzie but am having to delay due to work commitments. I'm HOPING that we can sort it out for next week :smile:

AnimalAttack

Reaction score
Reevz1977, any progress on your negotiations? What is the thing you have in the loft?

Reevz1977

Reaction score
Reevz1977, any progress on your negotiations? What is the thing you have in the loft?
Theres been no progress yet do to scheduling conflicts on both sides. That said, I am still hoping that this will come off and am hopefully meeting the guy in September. The stuff in the loft is ALOT of movie replicas, film props etc etc