First Muppet movie TV commercial on the Disney Channel

dwmckim

Reaction score
I wasn't - the P&F soundtrack is a bit legendary in its own right so to have Piggy doing one of their songs (on their show) was perfect. (It's not like she was doing some gangsta song). I thought it would have been hilarious if she sang Squirrels in My Pants but that's just me.

MP & P&F are such a good match. Unlike most interviews with humans, P&F are so upbeat and positive that they totally buy into MP's diva act and approach it with total sincerity and admiration instead of with any kind of attitude or sarcasm setting up an antagonism between interviewer and host - MP thrives on this and she can eat this up and be her fabulous self.

Bannanasketch

Reaction score
Supposedbly, this episode of Take Two is going to air during a commerical break when the Phineas and Ferb movie when it airs Saturday night on ABC. I really hope they put the Muppets commercial with it too.

Drtooth

Reaction score
The conversation about the Phineas and Ferb segment has been moved Here

Oscarfan

Reaction score
They haven't played Take Two yet, but they played the official trailer during the second commercial break just now.

EDIT: And now, they're playing it!

Bannanasketch

Reaction score
I saw the trailer play during a commercial break when the P & F movie was on last night. It wasn't a new commercial but it was still exciting to see it on TV. And then they played the 'Take Two' episode later on. Plus, the movie was great. :smile: Overall, I good night for television.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I missed it last night... but then again, I was looking for an excuse to have to buy it on DVD. I mean, telefilms are always better when they have the flow of no commercial interruptions.

tutter_fan

Reaction score
I wish they'd do one with the newsman! The newsman is one of my favorite characters from the muppets, and I think I've heard that he does play a role in this movie, am I right?

It'd be like "Hi! I'm the newsman from the Muppets, and you're watching Dinsey Channel! (The wand they use during most commmercials would do something funny to the newsman)

Bannanasketch

Reaction score
I missed it last night... but then again, I was looking for an excuse to have to buy it on DVD. I mean, telefilms are always better when they have the flow of no commercial interruptions.
Well, the commercial breaks were a good thing for this because there was a preview for the P&F live show tour, The Muppets trailer, and Take Two with Miss Piggy.