The Muppets at D23 Expo 2011

Drtooth

Reaction score
Huh? I'm not even that big a F and P fan, and I think Jakk's Pacific figure packs are amazing. Even the Toy Story figure treatment by Mattel was pretty good. Why can't we get those? I mean I guess parents are fooled into paying $11 for dinky 3.5 inch Marvel figures, but toys still sell. Post Disney buy, Muppet fans have not been treated very well by the merchandising folks.
The toy line is cool and all, but I do NOT like the constant reuse of the same figures with a different accessory. I just want a Doof with a different expression sculpted on his face. And of course, Major Monogram, Carl, Baljeet and Buford NEED to be made into figures. But they are pretty good. I got the first Doof/Perry set and the one where P&F are on surf boards.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I hope that we learn of more tie-in merchandise soon. I'm not really interested in the majority of what we do know about (the books are most interesting to me). If they can't release season 4, then I hope they release something on DVD (even if it's the Studio DC specials). At Toy Fare 2009 it was reported that there'd be Muppet plush that resembles the puppets, which were being held off from release until the movie comes out. I hope those are still going to happen (I'd like to see how these are different from the Master Replicas).

It would be cool if a third series of Muppet Vinylmation came out when the movie did.

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
There will be a lot of children's merchandise, but there are several collectibles for the adult fans that hopefully will see the light of day. We should be hearing a lot more in the next month or so when official announcements are made.

Duke Remington

Reaction score
There will be a lot of children's merchandise, but there are several collectibles for the adult fans that hopefully will see the light of day. We should be hearing a lot more in the next month or so when official announcements are made.
Got any news about the Muppet Show Season 4 and 5 DVD's? It would be nice if you could reassure us that those are still in the works.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I hope that we learn of more tie-in merchandise soon. I'm not really interested in the majority of what we do know about (the books are most interesting to me). If they can't release season 4, then I hope they release something on DVD (even if it's the Studio DC specials).
I'm just saying... re-release all the movies Disney owns, especially on Blu (even though I don't think it's going to make that big a difference, but everything in the world is getting rereleased that way), slap a couple bonus features on there, throw in movie trailers, and have a "Free movie ticket with purchase of this DVD" offer inside. That's what everything else does. They even re-release movies that have already been released not a year before like that when a sequel comes round. No need to release anything that hasn't even been released before, that works around whatever pesky problem they have with the TV show seasons.

Oscarfan

Reaction score
I highly doubt we're going to even hear about season 4 until after the movie.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
If season four doesn't get released in time for the theatrical release, maybe it'll be released when the movie gets a DVD release. Which gets me wondering: If that did happen and I can only afford to purchase one on the day of release, which should I choose?

Oscarfan

Reaction score
To me, I think it would depend on what extras it would come with.

Beauregard

Reaction score
Oooh! I love how this little clip harkens back to Rowlf's roots. Nice to see Kermit acknowledging that Rowlf has been around even longer than he has! Also, nice hand-puns as ever :stick_out_tongue: