OK Go and The Muppets Music Video: The Muppet Show Theme

Canadian Fan

Reaction score
Awesome video, I can't stop watching. Does anyone know if Noel McNeal was performing Sweetums, I know he did Sweetums on 'Letters To Santa'. We do know for a fact that Dave Goelz, Steve Whitmire, Eric Jacobson, Matt Vogel, Bill Barretta, and David Rudman were doing the puppeteering because of the voices. Good to see many classic characters brought back.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
One thing I noticed is that this video doesn't even try to be similar to any version of the opening. It's all it's own version of the theme. The closest to resembling a theme is the pyramid at the end, which reminds me a bit of the risers in the first season theme, but isn't similar enough.

I wasn't really excited about The Green Album, and honestly I wasn't too ecited about this music video until I saw the behind-the-scenes footage (even though I knew the Muppets would be in the video), but now I'm hoping another song or two from the album gets a music video.

bluebomber95

Reaction score
Awesome video, I can't stop watching. Does anyone know if Noel McNeal was performing Sweetums, I know he did Sweetums on 'Letters To Santa'. We do know for a fact that Dave Goelz, Steve Whitmire, Eric Jacobson, Matt Vogel, Bill Barretta, and David Rudman were doing the puppeteering because of the voices. Good to see many classic characters brought back.
Matt Vogel performed Sweetums in this. He tweeted me with that info, and that he performed Sweetums in the movie.

terrimonster

Reaction score
One thing I noticed is that this video doesn't even try to be similar to any version of the opening. It's all it's own version of the theme. The closest to resembling a theme is the pyramid at the end, which reminds me a bit of the risers in the first season theme, but isn't similar enough.

I wasn't really excited about The Green Album, and honestly I wasn't too ecited about this music video until I saw the behind-the-scenes footage (even though I knew the Muppets would be in the video), but now I'm hoping another song or two from the album gets a music video.
It wasn't really supposed to look like the opening. The concept for the video wasn't the Muppets re-creating the show opening, but the Muppets joining in and getting in the way while OK Go make a music video.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Anybody notice that Sweetums' eyebrows seem to be a little different? Previously it seems his eyebrows were one piece, but now it seems to be seperated into two pieces.

dwmckim

Reaction score
Notice it? It looks like there's some weird piece of grey lint stuck on top of them. Totally distracted me from his appearance in that scene.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Notice it? It looks like there's some weird piece of grey lint stuck on top of them. Totally distracted me from his appearance in that scene.
At first I wondered if maybe it was another moth.

I just rewatched the Muppets trailers and watched Sweetums closely, and it seems it's that way in the movie too, though in those clips it's harder to see.

RedPiggy

Reaction score
Since no one's mentioned it yet, I wonder if they've ever seen Jim Henson's The Cube? This band would be perfect for the "You'll Never Get Out" or whatever song that's there. It all tends to take place in a white room of some kind (more or less). The guy with the beard makes me think of Jerry Nelson's monk character (all is all, is is). The repeated attempts to discern reality is DEFINITELY a theme of that movie, as is the random characters popping up thing.

dwmckim

Reaction score
Perhaps that's on tap for the Henson Company Tribute Album (with one odd Classic Muppet song on it that will confuse everyone as to what it's doing on there)