"The Muppets" has an official rating

BobThePizzaBoy

Reaction score
This just in, the MPAA has given The Muppets a rating. I know some of us expected this movie to receive a G rating like the other Muppet movies, but this Muppet movie shall be the first theatrical Muppet movie to receive a PG rating "for some mild rude humor".

Not really big news but I figured I'd be first to get to post it. :big_grin:

Drtooth

Reaction score
This just in, the MPAA has given The Muppets a rating. I know some of us expected this movie to receive a G rating like the other Muppet movies, but this Muppet movie shall be the first theatrical Muppet movie to receive a PG rating "for some mild rude humor".

Not really big news but I figured I'd be first to get to post it. :big_grin:
PG is G. At least now it is. It's all a scam to make kiddy movies look like they have 'tude. The only movies I've seen in recent years that strongly deserved a TRUE PG rating were Speed Racer (Spritle flipped the bad guy off!) and Rango (a LOT of cussing, adult humor, and an actually menacing villain). Yet, I am distinctly happy that the Muppets got a PG rating, even though it's pretty much substantially meaningless. G has the unfortunate distinction of being "baby" films when so many very violent or scary Disney films got G ratings anyway. I mean, really... other than Atlantis and Black Cauldron, they never got a PG.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Drtooth's pretty much right, anymore, a 'G' rating is pretty much reserved for "baby" movies (like, surprise-surprise, Winnie the Pooh), whereas 'PG' is is essentially the new 'G' rating as a gimmick to make kid movies seem not-so-kiddie.

But on the other hand, seriously, why keep slipping in some "mild rude/crude humor" into newer Muppet movies? The Muppets are better than that.

Drtooth

Reaction score
But on the other hand, seriously, why keep slipping in some "mild rude/crude humor" into newer Muppet movies? The Muppets are better than that.

The most Raunchy thing in the trailers is the fart shoes joke. And may I remind anyone that it's only a simulated whoopie cushion "fart" that's not all that foreign to the Muppets (the word fart apparently is, and I agree... but as a one off gag it doesn't bug me). I don't see the blazing eye burning uber at the moment pop culture references of the last 2 movies (I don't count LTS as a movie), nor do I see the innuendo of VMX (which bothered me none) or whatever the heck was wrong with Oz. Those were far more rude and crude than I think this one will be... though VMX was pretty good...

Muppetfan44

Reaction score
Omg if the rating was because of the un-important fart shoes joke, I would bust out laughing, oh the irony :wink:

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Like as if whatever rating it got would stop us from going to see it. Pfft. :stick_out_tongue:

So... Tab or Coke?

Beauregard

Reaction score
As if anything could stop us going to see it...including airport security.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Like as if whatever rating it got would stop us from going to see it. Pfft. :stick_out_tongue:
Well, if it was X rated, would we want to see it? :electric:

PG is souped up G. PG-13 can go either way. Sometimes it lets a lot of R-ish stuff in, sometimes it doesn't. Sometimes it's just to justify the amount of violence in an action film. But there's NO mistake about PG and G. There was no way this was going to get anything besides a PG or a G.