80's Robot

muppetperson

Reaction score
Oops!:oops: Sorry everyone.I just found out that the reason that the above picture looks like an exact copy of 80s Robot is because that IS a concept photo from Legacy Effects,who made him, and not an 80s toy.Sorry again for the confusion.The photo looked to me that it was from a toy catalogue.:crazy:

beaker

Reaction score
Oops!:oops: Sorry everyone.I just found out that the reason that the above picture looks like an exact copy of 80s Robot is because that IS a concept photo from Legacy Effects,who made him, and not an 80s toy.Sorry again for the confusion.The photo looked to me that it was from a toy catalogue.:crazy:
Oh, hehe...was gonna say, lawsuit city since it looks identical to it

Frogpuppeteer

Reaction score
R.O.B he was some sort of console or controller my cousin had him.....i hope we see some sorta of 80'S robot merch once the movie comes out

muppetperson

Reaction score
I hear something about a Nintendo robot...
Muppet Wiki says Nintendo ROB is the closest resemblance.Here he is:

The head matches, but overall, I think the Tomy omnibot 2000 is.Maybe I will get both and swap heads.I hope official merchandise comes out.

robodog

Reaction score
Definately an Omnibot 2000. There was an entire series of these things in the 80s. Spotbot, Hootbot, Crackbot, Dingbot and Flipbot. 80's Robot looks a heck of a lot like the bots in this line. I know way too myuch about old robot toys.

muppetperson

Reaction score
Definately an Omnibot 2000. There was an entire series of these things in the 80s. Spotbot, Hootbot, Crackbot, Dingbot and Flipbot. 80's Robot looks a heck of a lot like the bots in this line. I know way too myuch about old robot toys.
Thanks, robodog! And welcome to the forum.