Fanfic: Double Trouble

ilovemusic

Reaction score
Whoo *waves flag*, this fanfic is going to be a special one. I'm going to write one chapter, draw one chapter in a comic, write one chapter etc. That makes the fanfic a bit longer & I don't have to translate moves and expressions so much, what's kinda difficult to me. So here, tah-dah.

Chapter 1 : The Lost Whatnots

Raven Tooth ticked with her bloodred polished nails on the desk, what sounded like it rained inside the little house she lived.
She hated the world. She hated herself. ´Why´, she thought, ´do I have to be like I am? I'm trying to find myself, but the way I'm living now I'm only losing myself.'
That was true. As a real whatnot teen Raven wanted to find out her identity. Together with her friends Zara and Flynn she had been indie, emo, scene, hippie and everything between it. But none of those styles were really like she wanted to be.
And since the gang became Gothic, she wondered if she was just a girl-next-door, that she just was a poser with doing all these things.
She felt like she had to cry, when suddenly a heavy-metal tune sounded through the room. Her cellphone. Raven saw Zara called her.
"Y-yes?", she asked. "I wanna talk to you", Zara said, "now. Please come to the city center."
Half an hour later. Raven Tooth, Zacharia Ullmer and Flynn McFoxx were standing in front of the city hall which was exactly the middle of the small town they were living in.
"And what did you want us to talk about, Zara?" The Scottish whatnot wobbled on her two army-booted feet.
Zara smiled. "You all would agree with me if I say this is not what we want."
"Yup. I can't stand skirts." Raven sighed and fiddled with one finger in her pink curls.
"I have got an idea. It is small, but it can be something." With an euphoric move Zara pulled a paper out of her pocket.
"What's this? 'The electric mayhem again performing in the muppet theatre.' Yes, and what's with this advertorial?" Raven rolled her eyes. Zara was always very impulsive and reckless. Another reason why she didn't get good results at school. All of them didn't.
"Look at the picture, Ravy." Zara pointed to the picture next to the text.
"Ehh, yeah? Those are muppets who made it, Zara. We can't start a band or something. Nobody wants a whatnot Goth band. We're just Lost Whatnots, those are all over the world."
"Look at THEM!" Zara pointed to the round face of the keyboard player.
"That's- Hey Ravy, he looks a bit like you! Green skin, orange nose... Only his hair is orange. And that guy looks like-- wait a second, Zacharia! That guy looks like you with sunglasses on and blue hair! And that guy, gee." Flynn blushed. "He looks a bit, umm, like me."
Raven realized what Zara was after. They all looked like someone from that cute muppet band. And Flynn had a friend who looked just like the yellow girl, only he was a boy and he didn't wear eyeshadow and lipstick. And herself, she knew a girl who was totally fond of nearly all boys at the world, she looked a bit like the insane-looking drummer.
"Zara," she said, "you are a genius."
"Oh, I already knew that." Zara smiled arrogant.
"Guys," Flynn said, "this means we found a good identity!"
They began to laugh and run around the place. "We found it! Finally!"

A few days later Zara was standing in front of the house of Raven.
"You know," Zara said, "I did do some research, and I know which instruments we have to play. We've got a lot of work to do. I already did mine."
She took off the cap she was wearing and Raven saw Zara's long, straight, black hair was changed into short, curling, blue hair.
"Your turn," she smiled. "I managed the colours."

"Umm, Zara... I don't know if this is such a good idea." Raven was sitting in front of the mirror in her room, a towel around her just coloured hair.
"Me neither, but I did just do what seemed good to me. Look." Zara pulled away the towel.
Raven saw that her pink hair turned the colour of fresh carrots. She swallowed.

End of chapter 1

Note: About the lost whatnots, I suppose that, if muppets were real(but that's the world we're writing fanfics in), there would be a few whatnots/background muppets who don't stay around the theatre but move to other parts of the world and start a new life there, just like humans.
In this case, Raven, Zacharia and Flynn are the children of those 'pioneers', and they're called the 'lost whatnots', because none of the muppet in and around the theatre knows about their existence.
If that sounded boring, I've got more muppet theories which will be convenient in the next chapters, so... ;P

newsmanfan

Reaction score
----------------------------------
Lost Whatnots. Diggin' it.

And what teen doesn't wrack their heart, mind, and soul trying to figure out where they fit in? Good start.

------------------------------------

ilovemusic

Reaction score
Okay, a little explaining about the next drawn chapter:
The few weird words used: "Almahn" means as much as a man who lost his wife, not sure how to call it. "Ayes?" means "What do you say?". "Ahnee Ohayef Otga" means I love you. And the weird little sign next to someones head is a Japanese sign, a 'doki', which means a broken heart.
I hope my handwriting is clear enough. Nah, this is not my handwriting, but I tried to write in capitals. Which FAILED.
Chapter 2

newsmanfan

Reaction score
--------------------------------
Great art! Had a little trouble reading the speech bubbles... Hey, Effie? I know you have Photoshop...you could try leaving the speech bubbles blank, then using the Type tool to create the words and inserting them that way, maybe? Not a criticism...I like your style very much! Keep it up! And Zoot especially looks great the way you've drawn him! Hey-- he has EYES! :cool:
--------------------------------

ilovemusic

Reaction score
Yes, Zoot's eyes in this chapter, and there's a longer theory why I drew it. Remember I wrote in 'she learnt me to see' he was hiding himself with his clothes? Anyway, here he doesn't care anymore about hiding, because Daisy died, and his only love was everything for him.
I don't even wanna know how much paper I spoilt with doodling hideous eyes. After all, I chose this comic-like ones. I wanted to draw more detail, but he's just drawn to small.
It will also be convenient in the next few chapters, because he's gonna be kind of mean at some point, and if he wears sunglasses is it not clear enough what he's thinking about.

GEES I'M SO BORING!

ilovemusic

Reaction score
If there are going to be any questions about this chapter I wouldn't be surprised.
Chapter 3
It was a very chilly night. Zara´s breathe shaped clouds when it touched the cold midnight air. She had no reason to be on the road, anyway, no known reason. But the loving smile on her lips suggested something else.
She was old enough to drive a car. If she would have been a human. Muppets and whatnots were not allowed to use a car untill they were 25, because they were often reckless and a danger for the other users of the road. Some muppets never reached their 25th year. They stuck on a younger age. It was the greatest fear of every young muppet to have a sticking-age under 25. Zara still remembered that when she was a young kid, she drew a line above her head every day, to see her length. Of course she didn´t grow much in one day, and that was the reason of much sadness and anger.
But anyway, for a muppet Zara was too young to drive the car. But she didn’t mind, because she was driven by a crazy little thing called love. Exactly the song which was playing in the car´s radio.
´Hitch hike and take a long ride on my motor bike, until I´m ready, crazy little thing called love!´, the recognizable voice of Freddie Mercury sang.
Zara had never fallen in love before. It just started with looking up muppets who really made it. She loved music, so she found the electric mayhem. And she immediately saw the saxplayer. His hair, his shades, the way he held his saxophone. It wasn´t love at first sight. She just thought he was ´cool´. Like she thought of the guys in a boyband or something. But this time it was different. She woke up the next morning, and suddenly a flare of happines burned in her chest. Thousand butterflies were flying in every part of her whole body. She just knew that had to be love, the waves of tingling feelings and the floating mind. Just like in the songs.
‘Crazy little thing called love!’

Thirty miles from the place Zara drove was the muppet theatre. It was a quiet night there. Not only because of the chilly weather, also because of the last show. As usually, Bunsen Honeydew invented something totally needless. And as usually it collapsed during the show. It was some kind of machine against sleepless people. After all, the whole theatre fell asleep.
That made it a quiet evening. Crazy Harry didn’t blow up any of the dressing rooms, Piggy didn’t hit anyone except Kermit. And Zoot began to get out of his bad depression. This show was the first one since weeks which made him laugh again. A bit. It was true that Lips helped him a lot, but after all he had to do the psycho work himself. He knew Daisy wanted him to go on. A few little things happened in the past days were just like messages from her.
Zoot startled out of his mind when the doorbell of the theatre ringed. Unusually for the time of the year. Everyone closeted themselves away with a pillow, a cup of chocolate milk and a good book.
A few seconds later the slow footsteps of Pops sounded. Some mumbling, and Pops shouted into the theatre hall: “ZOOT! ‘Tis for you!”
Zoot raised one eyebrow. That was visible, he didn’t wear his shades anymore since Daisy died.
Nobody ever came to visit him. Even Daisy not, during her life. No, she worked at the theatre. He saw her every day.
He reluctantly walked to the reception of the theatre. Pops was having an animated conversation with a female whatnot, who was carrying a kind of big basket. She looked cute, orange hair, pink skin, green nose. Zoot realized she looked like his past love.
The lady saw him, frowned, walked to him. No, it sure wasn’t Daisy. It was her sister, Sunny McGreen.
Zoot never liked her name. She wasn’t happy, not with him, nore with her older sister. To her yesterday was filled with rain, but today also. And tomorrow.
“How the HECK do you dare, Zterym Tuscam Kavil!”, she barked to the flabbergasted saxplayer. “You just LEFT him! You LEFT him!”
Zoot wanted to say he didn’t like to be called by his full first name and that he didn’t know what she was talking about, but someone else took his turn.
A tiny, high voice sounded from the basket. Zoot immediately heard it was a little child. Maybe even a…
Sunny turned the basket a bit and Zoot saw an adorable little kid, it looked like Sunny. No, it just looked like her sister. Copper red hair, green nose, enormous blue eyes. But it had a blue skin…
“Oh goodness”, he whispered. “Please say he’s an adopted orphan…”

END of chapter 3