Muppet Puppets at FAO

dwmckim

Reaction score
Photo for Fozzie was up when I looked at it. Fozzie doesn't look half bad (For a Fozzie product), but my god what happened to Beaker?
Bunsen has him engaged in a holding-your-breath-til-your-face-turns-blue experiment.

junebug1972

Reaction score
I am going to be in New York City on a photo shoot in a couple of weeks. I am going to make a point to go to FAO and see these first hand. I may even pick up a couple for my collection!

minor muppetz

Reaction score
The small assortment of characters sort of reminds me of a typical Palisades Toys series, only all the characters are "big guns".

As much as I'm hoping they eventually make Walter and Uncle Deadley, it won't surprise me if they eventually release Miss Piggy, Gonzo, and maybe Rowlf, Scooter, and Bunsen before either.

It sort of amazes me that there has been so much Beaker merchandise without Bunsen being included as well (though there has been a bit of Bunsen merchandise). I would think their popularity is equal. Beaker may be a more fun character, but I'd think it'd be better to have a Bunsen with Beaker (I remember when I first bougth the Bunsen action figure, the Muppet Labs playset wasn't out yet so I had to play with Bunsen without Beaker for a few weeks). Though they are a duo where it's not weird whenever only one appears without the other.

Kermieuk

Reaction score
I like these puppets too. I was also gonna ask what happened to the unseen plush at toyfair? People who seen them said they looked great but no pics were allowed. I'd love to see rarer character plushes deadly, sweetums, Robin, dr teeth, and would love thog!
I like the quality and look of the gund sesame street plush so I hope the muppets are just as nice. Fozzie looks similar to the steiff fozzie plush but at a fraction of the cost. Anyone know when the steiff is released?

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
I'd say that if the first series is Kermit, Animal, Fozzie and Beaker that Gonzo and Miss Piggy wouldn't be far behind. Swedish Chef, Scooter, Rowlf and Walter seem likely too at this point.

dwmckim

Reaction score
It sort of amazes me that there has been so much Beaker merchandise without Bunsen being included as well (though there has been a bit of Bunsen merchandise). I would think their popularity is equal. Beaker may be a more fun character, but I'd think it'd be better to have a Bunsen with Beaker (I remember when I first bougth the Bunsen action figure, the Muppet Labs playset wasn't out yet so I had to play with Bunsen without Beaker for a few weeks). Though they are a duo where it's not weird whenever only one appears without the other.
While it's hard to think of Bunsen without Beaker, the same doesn't apply as much in reverse because Beaker has his life outside of Muppet Labs - as a stagehand, a wannabe singer/Leprecaun Brother and assorted random wackiness. Beaker can be used much more successfully without Bunsen more than say Statler or Waldorf would work alone.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I like these puppets too. I was also gonna ask what happened to the unseen plush at toyfair? People who seen them said they looked great but no pics were allowed.
That's still a mystery. They were withheld for the movie, but something tells me they didn't think it would take that long for the movie to reach the production stage. Still, what was the point of keeping them so top secret? I mean, they could very easily have been canceled like the Koosh toys anyway.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
That's still a mystery. They were withheld for the movie, but something tells me they didn't think it would take that long for the movie to reach the production stage. Still, what was the point of keeping them so top secret? I mean, they could very easily have been canceled like the Koosh toys anyway.
I'll have to reread the Tough Pigs coverage of that Toy Fair, but I'm pretty sure that Disney didn't allow photos to be taken of any of the Muppet merchandise at that Toy Fair.

rowlfy662

Reaction score
these look nice and hooray a fozzie looks great :big_grin: beaker is okay but maybe a bit to big in the face butthats minor really want to the the kermit and animal and plese let the animal be red this pink diease on animal toys must stop and hope they make gonzo piggy and walter in the future