The Chipmunks

Drtooth

Reaction score
I can see them having issues with whatever episode it was that had them singing "Puttin' On the Ritz", since I've heard the nasty stories regarding the estate of Irving Berlin.
UGH! I HATE estates. Humorless people, estates. I've heard John Denver's estate is completely mismanaged, that's why we aren't seeing rereleases of those Muppet specials.

Yet, I'm sure these guys would see dollar signs if someone wanted to use it for a commercial for male enhancement or laxatives or something. But cartoons? Heck no! THAT would be an insult. Seriously, they LOVED it in Young Frankenstein. See what happens if you guys lighten up?

Man, I loved that episode that used Puttin' on the Ritz.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Man, I loved that episode that used Puttin' on the Ritz.
I don't even remember what episode it was off the top of my head... years ago when a friend of mine uploaded episodes on YouTube, I had the foresight to download them as they were posted in case someone deleted them (back then, WB was the culprit, because the episodes had the CN logo on them, and because apparently WB distributed reruns in syndication)... I have lke three CD-ROMs with downloaded episodes, I should look through them again sometime.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
HEY SNOWTH! Sploosh is going to be on this rereleased DVD

in case you're interested. Hope they cleared the music rights this go around.
I just read about that this morning... it looks to be that they're re-releasing the Valentine's DVD, and adding "Sploosh", along with "I Wish I Could Speak French" from Alvin Show to the already existing line-up of bonus episodes.

This is going to make people, especially the Simanette shippers freak... not sure about the music rights, I believe the featured song for that episode was "Pretty Woman"... would that be a prblem? I don't know... I'm willing to bet there's still going to be that poorly dubbed version of "Witch Doctor" replacing "Love Potion No. 9" for "Theodore and Juliet".

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Heh... that actually doesn't sound too awful different from the general music score of those DiC episodes... but then again, when it comes to music for cartoons, I never really was a tremendous fan of Chase/Rucker Productions, with the exception of those show-stopping numbers from Dexter.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Yeah, that was the "retroactively replace all the licensed music on Captain N's first season, cannibalized off a sound-a-like so we don't have to deal with that legal crap again" music. Very generic. We lost a great Thriller cover with that one.

I almost wish they used that on SMBSS instead of the instrumental AOSMB3 originals. Some of them were poor choices.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I'm starting to like the episode "Dear Diary" less and less the more and more I watch it, mainly because it's kind of an unrealistic and far-fetched... The whole idea of The Chipettes each having their own diaries, but wanting to know what their sisters are writing about them, yadda-yadda-yadda, I think that whole concept reflects childhood fairly well... but then, it just keeps getting more and more outlandish... like their nanny (was Dody Goodman suddenly unavailable to do Miss Miller so they randomly bring in a nanny) actually writing down the name of a boy whose name she mispronounces because of her accent, but it turns out the name she wrote down is actually the name of a four-year-old boy... yeah, okay, but the rest of the episode makes no sense... first Eleanor asks the school secretary for his address... how is the school going to have the records of a kid that's not even old enough to be in grade school? Not only that, but his mother has no questions when Jeanette shows up to "help him with his homework"... again, a kid that's not old enough for grade school, let alone not having any homework he needs help with... then Brittany meets him at the yogurt shop, and he walks there by himself... who let's a four-year-old leave home and walk through town by himself? There is at least ONE quote from that episode that still cracks me up everytime, when Eleanor pays him a visit... "Oh well, he IS cute, and even Cher dates younger men..." so relevant, yet irrelevant at the same time.

Yorick

Reaction score
so relevant, yet irrelevant at the same time.
LOL! See, if you made your own commentary for some of these things, I would listen to them. As opposed to some of the people online that just pick on the very show or movie they talk about. You prove that people can make funny comments without slamming the show. Bravo!