Muppet Puppets at FAO

beaker

Reaction score
man I want that Igel Rizzo.

Sooo...was at the grand opening of a new Disney store. NOT ONE SINGLE Muppet item. At all.

The movie drops next month, and not a single piece of merchandise(I didnt even see any promotion) What's up with that?

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
man I want that Igel Rizzo.

Sooo...was at the grand opening of a new Disney store. NOT ONE SINGLE Muppet item. At all.

The movie drops next month, and not a single piece of merchandise(I didnt even see any promotion) What's up with that?
later this month. 6-weeks prior. That would mean next week. We'll see...

muppetperson

Reaction score
We're not likely to get anything like the Fisher Price Animal these days due to expense, methods and wide variety of materials used in that model, but they can give us a better Animal than this. It's definitely how they treat the eyes here. Igel's version wasn't perfect but it did the character justice:
I didnt know there was this love heart version of Rizzo.Not only is he wearing different clothes, but the eyes and hands are also different.I prefer the eyes on this plush.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Okay, here's my take on it. The first tweak is something that could be accomplished under the same manufacturing process. Just different, flat-faced eyes and some fur management. The third revision here is what I think could be accomplished using the same materials, but such detail could translate into a slightly higher price point.
Yeah, That's what I was trying to do, but better.

Re visioned is the key, but Tweaked is basically what to expect of Animal plush.

The problem with Animal plush for the longest time is the Lollipop effect. The shape of his head is misinterpreted as completely round...

This is probably the biggest example of this:

Which is no different to me than furless "Twiddlebug" looking Cookie Monsters.

I have the suspicion if Animal shaved off all his hair, he'd look quite similar to Crazy Harry... he's got more of a Hamburger bun shaped head, only the hair makes it look completely round. Something not easy to interpret with plush toys. Unless, of course, they add stiffened plastic or cardboard bits to the bottom (seen that sort of thing before).

Other than the fact the mouth seems a tad small (and I wonder how that effects the puppet's movement) the eyes are recycled leftover Elmo eyes from other Gund plush, painted black to kinda be hidden by the eyebrows.

robodog

Reaction score
In the above pic, it looks like Animal's screaming in horror over being turned into Elmo.
He's not screaming because he's been turned into Elmo, he's screaming because somebody shoved a giant candy cane up his tailpipe.

Frogpuppeteer

Reaction score
ok well i said id wait till i saw Kermit and ive decided to get them...mostly to support the merch...but also cause ive never seen a beaker puppet...i hope theres more later on...granted i bet these wont fit on my hand

BobThePizzaBoy

Reaction score
ok well i said id wait till i saw Kermit and ive decided to get them...mostly to support the merch...but also cause ive never seen a beaker puppet...i hope theres more later on...granted i bet these wont fit on my hand
Agreed my friend.

That said, aside from the extra long arms, Kermit looks pretty okay. Though I wish all 4 of these puppets were a bit bigger.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
These are definitely for kids, but that's a good thing. Too many children haven't known the Muppets for far too long. The fact that the movie is rated PG instead of just G and that they're launching this youth-oriented merchandise on the market means they're working this brand like they would Woody, Buzz, Mickey and Donald. It's all inclusive instead of a niche market.