Christmas Special

BeakerFan14

Reaction score
I was at my local flea market and I saw a video with Kermit on the side. It was some Christmas Special about a Jug Band or something like that. Only a dollar. Is that special any good. Should I go back and get it?
:smile::eek:

BobThePizzaBoy

Reaction score
Yes! That would be Emmet Otter's Jug Band Christmas, a wonderful Christmas special Jim Henson did in 1977. Totally worth buying.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Yes, I'd highly recommend going back and getting it, lol. Emmett Otter's Jugband Christmas is a wonderful special and if it's only a dollar that's incredible.

Do you mean it was a VHS? I should add that the most recent DVD of Emmett Otter does have a lot of great special features, but obviously it will cost more, and the Kermit scenes were cut.

BeakerFan14

Reaction score
Yeah it was a VHS. And how much of Kermit is actually in it?
:eek:

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Will do. Is it rare or anything?
:eek:
The version with the Kermit scenes intake is rare. So the version you saw would be cool to have in that regard. Kermit shows up at the beginning, the end and also narrates in the middle. But the special overall is really amazing and has music by Paul Williams. :smile:

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Actually if any other members here could clarify, would a VHS of Emmett Otter have had the Kermit scenes? I know there was a ton of editing to the special over the years, even before the recent DVD release.

BeakerFan14

Reaction score
The one I saw had a red box (yellow letters? not sure) and it had a picture of Kermit on the side about the size of a stamp. And it was in one of the cardboard VHS boxes (not like the thick Disney cases)
:smile::eek: