Pre-Order The Muppets Original Soundtrack

Status
Not open for further replies.

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. You can now pre-order "The Muppets" original soundtrack scheduled to release Monday November 21. Read the track list and find out all the details on this exciting soundtrack.

Track Listing for "The Muppets":

1. The Muppet Show Theme - The Muppets
  2. Muppet Studios, I Can't Believe It!* - Walter
  3. Life's a Happy Song - Jason Segel, Amy Adams and Walter
  4. I Haven't Seen the Old Gang* - Kermit and Jason Segel
  5. Pictures In My Head - Kermit and The Muppets
  6. We Drive* - Kermit and Walter
  7. Me and Julio Down By the Schoolyard - Paul Simon
  8. That Spells Reno* - 80's Robot and Amy Adams
  9. Rainbow Connection - The Moopets
  10. Welcome Back* - Kermit, Fozzie, Walter and Dr. Teeth
  11. We Built This City - Starship
  12. Party of One* - Sarah Silverman and Amy Adams
  13. Me Party - Amy Adams and Miss Piggy
  14. We Humbly Ask* - Kermit and Chris Cooper
  15. Let's Talk about Me - Chris Cooper
  16. The Answer is No* - Chris Cooper and Kermit
  17. Are You a Man or a Muppet?* - Amy Adams
  18. Man or Muppet - Jason Segel and Walter
  19. Down at the Old Barbershop* - Kermit
  20. Smells Like Teen Spirit - The Muppet Barbershop Quartet
  21. Princesses of Poultry* - Kermit
  22. Forget You - Camilla and the Chickens
  23. It's Time For Our Song* - Kermit and Miss Piggy
  24. Rainbow Connection - The Muppets
  25. Get Out There and Help Those Guys* - Jason Segel
  26. The Whistling Caruso - Andrew Bird
  27. How Charming, a Finale* - Uncle Deadly
  28. Life's a Happy Song Finale - Entire Cast
  29. Mary, Marry Me* - Jason Segel and Amy Adams
  30. Mahna Mahna - Mahna Mahna and The Two Snowths
* Dialogue tracks
Since most of us will be getting "The Muppets" original soundtrack, we'd like to mention that if you pre-order "The Muppets" CD from Amazon using this link, that a small portion of your entire order will go to Muppet Central to help make future upgrades possible. It's a great way to help MC and get a great price on the album with a low-price guarantee. Thank you for supporting MC by placing orders through Amazon links on our site.

Let us know your thoughts on "The Muppets" original soundtrack.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
It's an original song for the movie. And according to track listings (I didn't click on the link you provided, so I'm not sure if I saw that one, but I saw other track listings) it's a song sung by Mary and Miss Piggy.

I thought I read that the movie would have new versions of many songs from past Muppet productions, but judging by this I guess it's only three. I wonder if Mahna Mahna will be the same recording from the Muppet Show albums with Jim Henson's voice, or if Bill Barretta will be performing the character. I guess on the album we won't hear the various celebrities who sing along, but I guess that's understandable. And I guess we don't really need a lot of new Muppet versions of classic Muppet songs.

This movie seems to have the most diverse variety of songs - originals, new versions of past Muppet songs, and songs the Muppets hadn't previously covered (some covered by the Muppets, some not). Most of the past movies only had original songs, all written by one songwriter (most of this movie's original songs were written by one songwriter, but I heard a few are written by others).

And I guess this will be the most musical Muppet movie, with 15 songs (most previous movies seem to have only had 7-8 songs, which is still more than the average animated Disney film).

Frogster

Reaction score
Not a fan of Camilla and the chickens- of all Muppet characters- doing "Forget You." Not exactly in the same ballpark as "Babyface" if you catch my drift. And a barbershop quartet doing "Smells Like Team Spirit?" C'mon. A little respect for the original artist can go a long way, just ask the Muppet pigs when they did "I Get Around," "In The Navy" and "Lullaby of Broadway."

Also, did anyone else notice that the only songs that Bret McKenzie did for the movie mainly apply for the new characters Tex, Gary, Mary and Walter? This isn't necessarily a bad thing but I was hoping they'd do one for Kermit, Fozzie and Gonzo, or maybe a Rowlf number even. And finally- and this is my biggest complaint- why are the Moopets doing Rainbow Connection? They're the villains and they'll most likely be portrayed the same way Polly, Clueless Morgan and Mad Monty were in MTI. This is, most likely, what Frank Oz meant by disrespecting the characters, because if it's done in a way that it's supposed to look humorous then it really won't work, and will be an eye sore in an otherwise awesome-looking Muppet film. That's Jim's song and I really didn't agree with it being in another feature film anyways. But the Moopets doing the song- even without already hearing it- sounds like it'll demean the greatest Muppet song ever. Would you want that no-talent clown Weird Al ruining "Being Green"? No? Well at the end of the day, regardless of your feelings towards him, Weird Al's a novelty act, just like the Moopets are supposed to be in the movie. I'll buy the track the day it comes out, but if it's even close to being good then I'll need to actually see the song being performed, because right now it just sounds like the worst idea since Gonzo found out he was an alien.

Frogpuppeteer

Reaction score
Would you want that no-talent clown Weird Al ruining "Being Green"? No?
see thats not fair because this is a personal feeling and doesnt speak for everyone...i love Weird Al and i would love to see him work with the muppets, im seeing him in concert this weekend....not everyone likes the same music what you like and what i like may be very different, its all about taste

its the same thing during the Muppet show days theres artists i dont like people like but i dont call them no talent clowns,

the moopets are a tribute band if i remember right from the synopsis we got so why arnt they allowed to sing it if thats why fozzie created the band

minor muppetz

Reaction score
And finally- and this is my biggest complaint- why are the Moopets doing Rainbow Connection? They're the villains and they'll most likely be portrayed the same way Polly, Clueless Morgan and Mad Monty were in MTI. This is, most likely, what Frank Oz meant by disrespecting the characters, because if it's done in a way that it's supposed to look humorous then it really won't work, and will be an eye sore in an otherwise awesome-looking Muppet film.

I thought I read somewhere that Kermit would sing this song in the movie. Maybe it's sung twice and only one appears on the album?

Frogster said:
Would you want that no-talent clown Weird Al ruining "Being Green"? No? Well at the end of the day, regardless of your feelings towards him, Weird Al's a novelty act, just like the Moopets are supposed to be in the movie.
Weird Al isn't a no-talent clown. But I doubt he'd do a cover of a serious song (a parody, sure, but not a cover).

Frogster

Reaction score
the moopets are a tribute band if i remember right from the synopsis we got so why arnt they allowed to sing it if thats why fozzie created the band
This is exactly how people start thinking when something as wonderful as the "Rainbow Connection" song is being sung by just anyone and nobody respects the original. Why can't they have their own song of some sort? Leave the classic out of it. If it ain't broke, don't fix it. Heck, I didn't even like it when Rowlf and Kermit sang it at D23, with the Bunsen bouncing ball, and the whole atmosphere feeling like it was for kids only.

chudman1000

Reaction score
I thought I read somewhere that Kermit would sing this song in the movie. Maybe it's sung twice and only one appears on thê album?
Actually it does appear twice on the album. Both the Muppets version and the Moopets version are in the track listing

Frogpuppeteer

Reaction score
why does Rainbow connection have to be exclusive to Jim and Kermit?...if anything its Paul Williams' song he wrote it and he still sings it to this day, i..people have been inspired by it and cover it in their own ways and sing it, its the first full blown song i learned and the one i used to sing when i was little with my kermit puppet ,im really getting tired of all this purism that only the original and first is best

Status
Not open for further replies.