What is your strangest habit?

robodog

Reaction score
I've read a lot on people with depression and their various coping mechanisms and the stuffed animal thing comes up a lot.
I don't particularly care for plush animals myself. Mostly what I carry are robotic dogs. Things like the FurReal Friends Dogs or WowWee's Alive dogs. My absolute favorite is Hasbro's latest FurReal dog, Cookie. The dog in my avatar. Despite them running for about $50-$60 depending on where you buy them I own two and plan on buying several more. I've had pretty much every robotic dog on the market, though back in the early 00's I was collecting robotic pets in general and wasn't limiting my collection to species. I had about 60 Furbys at one point. I sold most of my robotic pets several years ago but the only ones I really miss are the Poo-Chis and the other robot dogs I had. I only started collecting robot dogs and just robot dogs around last Christmas. I found they work great for the depression. Better than anything else I've tried.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Uh...something you need to tell the rest of us, Snowth? :concern:

---------------------
Well, I know at least Ed can back me up on this one, but yeah, I've found occasionally putting Clausen pickle slices on a peanut butter sandwich rather tasty combination.

And no, I'm not pregnant... though I DID once have a dream where I actually was, and people were being all, "Oh, congratulations", and everything, and I was like, 'DON'T CONGRATULATE ME! I CAN'T BE PREGNANT, I'M A MAN!"

Gonzo's Hobbit

Reaction score
I just realized I was doing one while reading this, I chew on my fingers.

And no, I'm not pregnant... though I DID once have a dream where I actually was, and people were being all, "Oh, congratulations", and everything, and I was like, 'DON'T CONGRATULATE ME! I CAN'T BE PREGNANT, I'M A MAN!"
There's something strangely amusing about that

dwmckim

Reaction score
---------------------
Okay...I can't write without:
1. tea
2. a snack, usually something sweet
3. utter quiet in the rest of the house (so I only write late at night)
4. a "soundtrack" I've created specifically for the story playing quietly in the background.
-----------------------
I can't write without:
1. paper
2. pen

dwmckim

Reaction score
Regarding ketchup habits, i tend to drown potato chips in ketchup...unless it's Lays i usually don't like eating chips without ketchup. As a kid i used to have a big bowl of ketchup to dip chips in and then when finished, i'd lick the bowl clean of the remaining ketchup.

My weird sleep habit is i can't sleep without a fan. Not even so much for the breeze (though that helps too...especially in Phoenix) but i need the constant whir to break up the total silence otherwise i'll go crazy trying to sleep. In fact even beyond the fan, i find that when i'm lieing down to go to sleep is when my brain is the most active since it's not otherwise occupied and i'll just think of all sorts of random things as i'm waiting to fall asleep so in addition to the fan, if i actually want to fall asleep quickly and get a good night's sleep, i'll listen to music and depending on how tired i am can usually be out somewhere between the third and fifth song.

When i get a new cd from one of my fave artists, i'll tend to only listen to one or two new tracks a day instead of devouring it all at once, savoring each new song and making it a quasi Advent calendar type experience.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
My weird sleep habit is i can't sleep without a fan. Not even so much for the breeze (though that helps too...especially in Phoenix) but i need the constant whir to break up the total silence otherwise i'll go crazy trying to sleep.
i think I mentioned that myself about six pages ago. :wink:

newsmanfan

Reaction score
-------------------------
Hear, hear! I MUST have a steady sound in the background. Fans work...so do aquarium air pumps/filters, as long as they're quiet. I always thought (geek alert!) that the plasma coils in the engine room of the Enterprise on ST:NG would be an awesome sound to sleep to...

---------------------

Gonzo's Hobbit

Reaction score
-------------------------
Hear, hear! I MUST have a steady sound in the background. Fans work...so do aquarium air pumps/filters, as long as they're quiet. I always thought (geek alert!) that the plasma coils in the engine room of the Enterprise on ST:NG would be an awesome sound to sleep to...

---------------------
I would hazard a guess that somewhere out there, there's a device that plays that noise. The sounds of the Tartus would be cool too.