"The Muppets" Second Official Movie Trailer

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Watching this, it looks like the Moopets end up replacing Fozzie with a Fozzie look-alike. We never see them at the same time, but it's clear they're both there in the same room in the same scene. I was confused by the ear's deep-voiced "wocka wocka" line. Though I forgot about seeing a behind-the-scenes photo with both Fozzie and (I guess) Foozie.

tutter_fan

Reaction score
OH! That one guy from Seinfeld! I know what you're talking about now!

dwmckim

Reaction score
Just prior to this trailer i was thinking, "i REALLY am getting tired of any more spoilers - they've given away too much by now and i really don't care to see any new clips in further ads or trailers"

But this new trailer is so good i can forgive it...but please LET THIS BE IT until the movie...the only remaining "spoiler" i want to see is the one or two short clips they show when they do the talk show rounds.

Frogpuppeteer

Reaction score
Watching this, it looks like the Moopets end up replacing Fozzie with a Fozzie look-alike. We never see them at the same time, but it's clear they're both there in the same room in the same scene. I was confused by the ear's deep-voiced "wocka wocka" line. Though I forgot about seeing a behind-the-scenes photo with both Fozzie and (I guess) Foozie.
perhaps but im not so sure could just be clever editing they do it all the time for trailers...sometimes even splicing lines together

jcnegron

Reaction score
You know those trailers that show the best bits of a movie, and nothing interesting is left. Then when you go to see the actual movie, you come out thinking that you could have avoided it entirely and just watch the trailer. I hope this is not the case.

beaker

Reaction score
My only issue is how unrealistic/fantasy based this is. I know, it's the Muppets. But think about the first three films and Follow that bird. Nothing too major happens that is out of reality. But driving the bottom of the ocean to get to France? The whole Gary/Walter and Amy coming from some 50's pleasantville twilight zone small town...so much of this movie has a very UN-classic vibe to it and doesnt seem rooted in any sort of reality.

In Muppets Take Manhattan, they were in NYC. There was nothing fantastical about it. The GENIUS about TMM, is it's a very low key, realist sort of film. Kermit's literally in a swamp, Kermit and Fozzie are literally driving through the middle of nowhere. The only fantastical scene that happens is Animal becomes a giant. But by then, it almost kind of works.

Maybe it's because those were filmed in the late 70s and early 80s, theres a real feel to them. I'm not saying this film should have been shot like a drama. But I have to say, Letters to Santa had a much better cinematography palette and feel, even though that goes way into fantastical suspension of disbelief toward the end.

Anyone else get what I'm saying? Again tho, seeing ALL these Muppets NO ONE ever thought we'd see again in such vibrant hd blu ray quality IS amazing.

Duke Remington

Reaction score
Sorry Beaker, but I find your lack of faith in the film, and your negative comments on it, disturbing. :scary:

I wish people would just stop looking for excuses to rip this film apart, especially since its not even in the theaters yet! :rolleyes:

beaker

Reaction score
Simply commenting on the tone of the two trailers. It doesn't look at all like a classic Muppet film, which isn't bad. Super 8 tried to ape the old Spielberg feel and to me failed in the overall execution.