"The Muppets" Second Official Movie Trailer

Reaction score
I thought the first trailer was really bad. This trailer is wonderful and has restored my hope that this will be a great movie - now I can't wait to see it! I hope the music is outstanding - that was one of the reasons the first Muppet Movie is a true classic.

Drtooth

Reaction score
My only issue is how unrealistic/fantasy based this is. I know, it's the Muppets. But think about the first three films and Follow that bird. Nothing too major happens that is out of reality. But driving the bottom of the ocean to get to France? The whole Gary/Walter and Amy coming from some 50's pleasantville twilight zone small town...so much of this movie has a very UN-classic vibe to it and doesnt seem rooted in any sort of reality.
I don't think they're trying to go for the more extreme realism of MTM so much as they're going for the "this is a movie... this is clearly a movie" feel of GMC. TMM had moments that seemed realistic, but then it had that odd Bullwinkle-ish stuff about the "fork in the road" and the giant creme pie billboards. To me, the "travel by map" segment seems to scream that. It's mocking an overused trope (showing a montage with a map connecting dots from points) for one thing.

Personally, I don't care if it has that old Muppet feel or not... I care as long as they don't do another theme movie. GAH!

muppetlover123

Reaction score
yea im so excited i dont care if its bad which its not gonna be its about seeing all the characters we LOVE on the BIG SCREEN!

beaker

Reaction score
I don't think they're trying to go for the more extreme realism of MTM so much as they're going for the "this is a movie... this is clearly a movie" feel of GMC. TMM had moments that seemed realistic, but then it had that odd Bullwinkle-ish stuff about the "fork in the road" and the giant creme pie billboards. To me, the "travel by map" segment seems to scream that. It's mocking an overused trope (showing a montage with a map connecting dots from points) for one thing.

Personally, I don't care if it has that old Muppet feel or not... I care as long as they don't do another theme movie. GAH!
Ha, ok yeah youre right TMM had some bizarre moments. But then you have the realism of even the church scenes. TMTM was definitely more rooted in muted reality, which I like. Man even in the 90's I HATED the classic retelling stuff.

Drtooth

Reaction score
The 90's retelling stuff ONLY worked because they were well written. I like MCC, but it lacks that Muppet feel. MTI fared much better.... only reason I liked MFS better than those (at least on a certain level) was that they had the Muppets playing themselves more or less.

This movie's as classic as the Muppets NOT retelling a classic story can get for me.

And Scooter's in it.

MrBloogarFoobly

Reaction score
Gotta say... I'm pretty impressed. The only complaint I have is that I really don't have any complaints. :stick_out_tongue:

newsmanfan

Reaction score
---------------------
*wiggling fingers evilly* screenshots! Eye candy!

LOVE IT!!!

--------------------

MuppetGuy75

Reaction score
I'm so excited! Can't wait! What a great B-day gift (a few days early)! LOL

tutter_fan

Reaction score
I plan to see it after it's in the movie theatres ASAP!