What is your strangest habit?

RedPiggy

Reaction score
Regarding ketchup habits, i tend to drown potato chips in ketchup...unless it's Lays i usually don't like eating chips without ketchup. As a kid i used to have a big bowl of ketchup to dip chips in and then when finished, i'd lick the bowl clean of the remaining ketchup.

My weird sleep habit is i can't sleep without a fan. Not even so much for the breeze (though that helps too...especially in Phoenix) but i need the constant whir to break up the total silence otherwise i'll go crazy trying to sleep. In fact even beyond the fan, i find that when i'm lieing down to go to sleep is when my brain is the most active since it's not otherwise occupied and i'll just think of all sorts of random things as i'm waiting to fall asleep so in addition to the fan, if i actually want to fall asleep quickly and get a good night's sleep, i'll listen to music and depending on how tired i am can usually be out somewhere between the third and fifth song.
You too? Not the ketchup thing. Ick. You remind me of my brother, with his mustard-on-scrambled eggs thing, LOL.

My doctor keeps getting onto me about asthma and bedroom fans, but I need them. The sound thing really doesn't work for me. I tried using sound machines (rain, crickets, etc). Lately though, it's like it makes the fact my brain doesn't care and continues having some sort of electrical storm in my head. It's hours before I can sleep, sometimes even with sleeping pills.

Hm ... habits ... habits ... well, I've gotten to the point where I really can't sleep well without my Labs in bed, LOL. I have to put my pants on before my shirt (I hate having to take my shirt out). The fastest way to get on my bad list is to pressure me to try new foods (bad childhood memories). I try new stuff by simply trying out variants of what I already eat. I am NOT disorganized ... I just have a very flexible sense of organization, LOL.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Going back to sleeping and ketchup habits, here';s a couple more of my strange habits that pertain to those subjects...

1. I absolutely, cannot sleep in socks... I can't... and what's ironic is that I actually love socks (don't ask me why, I just do), I would even wear socks with sandals despite being socially unacceptable, and during wintertime, my floors are so cold I'll wear like three or four pairs at once... but in bed, I just can't wear socks when I sleep, between the sheets and the covers and everything, my feet feel like thy're smothering... no matter how cold it may get in winter, I always take my socks off before I go to sleep.

2. I actually like ketchup on porkchops. Yeah... *shrug*

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
I can only eat porkchops drowned in ketchup. I dont really like pork, except bacon. Heck, the only way I can eat ham is if its drowned in ketchup

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Pork isn't my favorite meat either, but like you, I do like the occasional porkchop or bacon... we eat ham at Christmas, which is good, tastes much better than like lunchmeat ham you get at delis... and actually, from time to time, I like barbecued ribs.

Speed Tracer

Reaction score
Here's one I've never been able to figure out. Maybe someone can help me here...

Whenever I see a fan - that is, a ceiling fan, bedside fan, oscillating fan, any kind of fan - I have this unnatural urge to say "good boy," as if I'm talking to a dog.

I have absolutely no idea what this is.

robodog

Reaction score
Actually I'm the same way regarding pork. I can eat bacon, but I hate pork chops or ribs. Sometimes I can eat ham but only rarely. For Christmas and Thanksgiving it's gotta be turkey.

newsmanfan

Reaction score
Here's one I've never been able to figure out. Maybe someone can help me here...

Whenever I see a fan - that is, a ceiling fan, bedside fan, oscillating fan, any kind of fan - I have this unnatural urge to say "good boy," as if I'm talking to a dog.

I have absolutely no idea what this is.
I don't either, but frog that's funny as heck! Do they remind you of the classic "His Master's Voice" painting, with the dog listening to the old gramophone?
---------------------------

Speed Tracer

Reaction score
I don't even KNOW that painting! I tellya, there's somethin' fishy goin' on.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Back on ketchup AGAIN, not so sure this is a "habit" so much as it is a quirk, but I can basically ate any kind of tomato-based product: ketchup, spaghetti sauce, pizza sauce, tomato soup, etc... but I can't eat actual tomatoes... they taste nasty to me, :laugh: