I'm stuck (glove hand puppet question)

Gonzo's Hobbit

Reaction score
Hi guys. I got a question if someone can help me. I'm working on a glove hand puppet and I'm having trouble with the arm. I made a similar puppet once before and just attached the arm to the body, stuck it through the shirt and then put my hand up through the whole thing. It worked but I feel stuck in the shirt. I know that the traditional way to do puppets like this is to attached the arm at the elbow ( I think) But I'm still lost at exactly what I'm doing. Do you guys have any suggestions? How do I attach the arm and then handle the puppet so that it looks believable?

Beauregard

Reaction score
I have nothing to add, because I'm not a designer at all, but I did think this thread was a literal cry for help after getting a hand trapped in a Puppet mitten.

Goochman

Reaction score
I just did this one, it was my first glove puppet. What I did was make 1/2 an arm and attach it at the shoulder, sewed small snaps on the end of the arm. Then I made the glove piece with the antron fleece going up to my elbow with snaps there, then made another 12" sleeve that ran up to my bicep. It worked out great.

Gonzo's Hobbit

Reaction score
Okay, I think I see that thanks.
Couple things I'm confused about though, just trying to get clear. What are the snaps for? And I see how the sleeve turns into the puppet's elbow. But you mentioned one that goes to your elbow and one that goes to your bicep, which sleeves are you talking about there?
But thank you so much for the picture. It was the kind of refence I was looking for.

Goochman

Reaction score
The snaps are there to attach the glove you are wearing to the elbow of the puppet.

The sleeve actually comes all the way up to my bicep, but the Antron fleece part only goes to my elbow. The rest of the sleeve is black. If you're working with a black background it gives the illusion that you aren't there. The second pic should show you what I mean.

Gonzo's Hobbit

Reaction score
Oh I get it. That's a good idea. I was thinking of just wearing a black shirt. But that would be good just so that there's always a black sleeve. Thansk Goochman.

Walter

Reaction score
I have nothing to add, because I'm not a designer at all, but I did think this thread was a literal cry for help after getting a hand trapped in a Puppet mitten.
Lol.. I also read this headline and thought someone was stuck:crazy:

Gonzo's Hobbit

Reaction score
Oh! I get it now. Sorry Beau, Sorry Walter. (although, knowing me there may come a day when you will see such a thread here)