Singing Christmas Kermit & Piggy at Walgreen's

MuppetsRule

Reaction score
As ugly as that Miss Piggy is, I'm not sure you could pay me $12.95 to buy it. Horrendous.:mad:

Drtooth

Reaction score
If this stuff is scalped on e-bay (for holy crap whatever reason) that just might be another good sign. Muppet Stuff (even bad stuff) selling=More Muppet stuff sold.

Though I shudder to see their interpretations of Fozzie and Gonzo.

Eh... at least Fozzie's ears used to wiggle. :big_grin:

Kermit's voice doesn't quite bother me as much as Piggy's. Even Hal Rayle didn't sound that bad (his Animal was pretty good, though). Still, I remember a year ago I went to Fuddruckers and I was sitting next to this Clifford arcade Ride that had it's motion detected sound turned on... and I heard wrong sounding Emily Elizabeth voiced by Not Grey Delise with a very obvious Indian trying hard to sound American accent. Disturbing at first, annoying after the 20th time in 2 minutes. Had I not ordered the food, I woulda left there. Even the Piggy wasn't quite that bad.

BobThePizzaBoy

Reaction score
I had some free time tonight so I went to my local Walgreen's to see if they had these two in stock and low and behold, they had one of each. I didn't buy them but I will say they look a lot better in person than they do in the video.

Piggy still is more a hot mess than plain ugly in person. The wiggling ears are a little awkward but the likeness isn't that bad. The hair is a mess but that's a given with Miss Piggy toys.

Kermit on the other hand looks fine. It's a nice green fur-like body and aside from the moving mouth, it's a decent likeness.

So yeah, feel free to buy them. It's all subjective what you think of them.

Drtooth

Reaction score
kill it with fire! :eek:
You cannot kill what's already dead!

Though, not looking a gift horse in the mouth if these do well with people who are casual fans that just buy random Christmas junk... those people might buy another more important item soon to come. Movie tickets.

TimmyMonsterIL

Reaction score
I'm actually liking the Kermit. I hit the 3 Walgreen's within 5/10 minutes of my apartment last night to see if any of them had them, and the third one did! Piggy, thankfully, looks to be short packed w/ this ugly rendition. The song sounds to be a recut version of her Santa Baby from the Red and Green Christmas CD...

Kermit, I think is pretty good; hade me smile! The voice isn't completely right, but pretty close... They had 8 of him on the shelf. I went through them all and bought the best 2! One for me and one for my 2 young nephews. Im getting to them early to make them Muppet fans! Both are under 3 and love animated pluch toys, so I had to get them a Christmas Kermit!

ilovemuppet4eva

Reaction score
These are not available at any of my walgreens yet. They said to check becak after halloween once the x-mas decorations are put out. I guess some states release merchandise earlier than others.