Singing Christmas Kermit & Piggy at Walgreen's

rowlfy662

Reaction score
ahhhhhh walgreens those things will give me nightmares for weeks and piggys moving ears who does she think she is taking fozzies best act from season 1 but when i find them i'm buying can't pass up kermit in a santa hat

Duke Remington

Reaction score
I do agree that they should've gotten Steve Whitmire and Eric Jacobson to do the voices of these singing Kermit and Piggy dolls.

Reevz1977

Reaction score
This is the sort of tat that causes family feuds! Chances are these will find their way into my home via a well intentioned family member who will mistake my horrified expression as ungratefulness. It has happened before and will happen again!

Darn it Disney, QUALITY CONTROL!!!

Drtooth

Reaction score
Darn it Disney, QUALITY CONTROL!!!
That's what I've been saying....

If Disney can give us an Animal plush that looks like this:

They could have done a lot better with these.

a_Mickey_Muppet

Reaction score
That's what I've been saying....

If Disney can give us an Animal plush that looks like this:

They could have done a lot better with these.
No idea why your comparing DanDee Toys Muppet plush to Disney store Muppet plush....Duh! there manufactured by diff. company's.

Pepe'sgal90

Reaction score
plus Dan Dee is the cheap version of getting stuff like this out to the public, as long as they are putting stuff out it is fine with me. you really don't have to like it (believe me the piggy is a hot mess) but it is not all for the collectors it is for family purposes and to get children more involved with the characters for the new movie to bring people in. Cheap toy= big profit for the Muppets financially and for public endorsement which then equals more stuff to be made for us collectors :smile:

Drtooth

Reaction score
No idea why your comparing DanDee Toys Muppet plush to Disney store Muppet plush....Duh! there manufactured by diff. company's.
It is indeed a different company, but the same license. If Disney wants to strive for perfection (or close enough to it), I don't see why they don't expect the same from other companies they give the license out to. I blame the iffyness on the products in question on that weird company, but the license is in Disney's hands. Strange products reflect badly on them. If they made an ugly Mickey that sounded strange, I'm sure they would have been shot down.

Though, I will say Kermit's not quite that bad... the song's kinda cute... shame they couldn't get Steve to come in and sing it... but the Piggy they could have pulled from various archival recordings, be it VMX or the Christmas album. But this will do well for more casual fans. We're going to go to Disney to get the GOOD stuff.

TSSD

Reaction score
I don't mind the ugliness, but the voices are ridiculous. How could Disney approve this? They're just awful, why couldn't they have just used an archival recording.

Muppetfan44

Reaction score
OMG these two dolls are so terrible!!! Does anyone really look at these things before mass production?? Who in their right mind would think, "these look good, let's mass produce these atrocities!!!!!!" Voices are off, design is ghastly and a $13 price tag for low quality garbage....oooooh I hate when stuff like this gets marketed!!! really brings down the quality of the franchise sometimes!!!