Singing Christmas Kermit & Piggy at Walgreen's

darthcello

Reaction score
There is also a Kermit plush with scarf (non-singing) for $7.99. Disney tags...wonder if there will be other characters too...

ilovemuppet4eva

Reaction score
I actually like the singing Kermit and piggy! Is the Kermit with the scarf at Walgreens? If so, is it by the Xmas stuff?

darthcello

Reaction score
Yes at Walgreens. My Walgreens didn't have the singing Kermit or Piggy. I found the scarf Kermit above the Halloween candy of all places; their Christmas stuff was scattered all over the store. He was on a shelf all by his lonesome (well, except for the other 11 Kermit scarf plushies in the display box with him). He's about 12 inches, I'd say and only for $7.99. His likeness is pretty good, especially for that price. I'd love to see a Fozzie...

ilovemuppet4eva

Reaction score
I went to about 5 Walgreens trying to find the Kermit with the scarf but unfortunately could not find it. I will ck again next Saturday bc I am hoping more Xmas stuff is out.

Ruahnna

Reaction score
My biggest complaint with the Kermit is that--once again--it's another version of poor Kermit just terrified by the thought of having ANYTHING romantic to do with Piggy. Not reluctant, not interested-but-not-in-a-marriage-sort-of-way, but just plain quaking in his, er, flippers at the thought that he might have to kiss one of the biggest sex symbols of our time. *sigh*

I will take bad-looking merchandise with a bad voice over an insulting characterization any day.

This degree of denigration of Piggy's likeability HAS to be coming from the top down and I'm READY FOR IT TO STOP ANY TIME NOW. (leaves in huff)

Speed Tracer

Reaction score
I just gotta ask, is it too hard to call Steve up on the phone and have him do it there? I started playing it in the store while buying candy for trick-r-treaters, and my friend didn't understand why I cringed and shoved it behind all the others in an attempt to muffle the sound.

DramaQueenMokey

Reaction score
I am a HUGE Miss Piggy fan (I credit her as my idol in fact) And I really feel that this singing Miss Piggy doesn't do the beautiful diva that is my idol any credit whatsoever! I mean, do you see what she's wearing? Miss Piggy would never let herself be the victim of such a fashion faux pas!

The singing Kermit doesn't sound like him at all and is just so...well, not Kermit! I hate to say it, but, I don't like them :/

They're just so ugh :grouchy:

Drtooth

Reaction score
Yes at Walgreens. My Walgreens didn't have the singing Kermit or Piggy. I found the scarf Kermit above the Halloween candy of all places; their Christmas stuff was scattered all over the store. He was on a shelf all by his lonesome (well, except for the other 11 Kermit scarf plushies in the display box with him). He's about 12 inches, I'd say and only for $7.99. His likeness is pretty good, especially for that price. I'd love to see a Fozzie...
Are there any other NON-singing dancing anamatronic Muppet Christmas items? I rarely bother going to Wallgreens.. 8's not a terrible price (wish I got more of the Muppet babies when I had a chance) but it's not a very easy ammount for me to come up with.

Any ornaments or something?

My biggest complaint with the Kermit is that--once again--it's another version of poor Kermit just terrified by the thought of having ANYTHING romantic to do with Piggy. Not reluctant, not interested-but-not-in-a-marriage-sort-of-way, but just plain quaking in his, er, flippers at the thought that he might have to kiss one of the biggest sex symbols of our time. *sigh*
I kinda blanked everything else but that weird Santa puppet thing from that video. yeah, I think the most annoying thing is when they have to FORCE that caustic second season Kermit/Piggy relationship thing every time. Again, this is why I wish they DID marry them off for good in MTM. Just so we don't have to suffer through that joke anymore.

Ruahnna

Reaction score
. Again, this is why I wish they DID marry them off for good in MTM. Just so we don't have to suffer through that joke anymore.
They DID. They DID marry them off. Jim admitted it, the 30th anniversary (and other personal appearances) confirmed it--there were pictures and magazine articles and pictures of Kermit's fuzzy slippers beneath Piggy's bed. I know today that people don't pay much attention to whose, um, slippers are where, but back then it was different. Piggy didn't want "a relationship" with Kermie--i.e., a hook-up. She wanted Kermit to love her and want to spend the rest of his life with her, and Kermit gave every indication that that's where this relationship was heading.

I feel like I'm having to defend the moon landing sometimes. It happened. THAT it happened is NOT up for debate. Though it pains me to admit it, Jim even joked once about Kermit and Piggy getting a divorce. Hard to get a divorce if you aren't actually married.

You know how when an old favorite character or story is remade (Superman, Batman, Sherlock Holmes, Star Trek--ugh) and the new creative people feel compelled to make them oh different (unAmerican, anal-retentive, an ignorant *** and, well, I can't say what I want to say about the new ST). You can "re-create" history all day--but only in Hollywood.

Now if you'll pardon me, I'm going to be late for my Flat Earth Society meeting....

Muppetfan44

Reaction score

I will take bad-looking merchandise with a bad voice over an insulting characterization any day.

This degree of denigration of Piggy's likeability HAS to be coming from the top down and I'm READY FOR IT TO STOP ANY TIME NOW. (leaves in huff)
I agree with you 100%- the whole Kermit not wanting anything romantically to do with Miss Piggy is so old and just down right terrible, and I'm tired of them perpetuating the lie, lol.

You should check out the interview Kermit did with Toronto reporters a few days ago- it was great- Kermit admitted that Piggy was his significant other and although he said that they weren't married, he compared working with her on set with someone working with their spouse and he also said that even though working with her had its challenges it was also "wonderful" because you could bring that magic to the screen.

This is just an example of the franchise finally turning things around for the positive and I have a pretty good feeling that this will only get better. Kermit has been showing more public affection for Piggy for awhile now and hopefully it stays that way.
All I have to say is FINALLY!!!