Your Thoughts: Muppets on WWE Raw SuperShow October 31

tutter_fan

Reaction score
You know what? The Bunsen & Beaker segments were very good.

dwmckim

Reaction score
If you didn't watch live, and are seeing the appearance later via Youtube or tape trade edits, you are very lucky. Yikes. This was basically a painful 2 hour reminder of why i never watch wrestling. Suddenly the Jerry Springer show, infomercials, and rich heiress reality shows seem very appealing in comparison.

You know how it's widely believed that everything's better with Muppets? This definately put that theory through the wringer. Though still i suppose it's still true. What would have otherwise been a totally intolerable experience had some brief moments of "oh something worth looking back at the screen for".

I can now see The Muppets in the theatre and not think twice about fart shoes because i've now endured far far worse.

Frogster

Reaction score
Wow... that horrible, huh dwmckim? Corndog-eaters lol

Which characters were on?

JJandJanice

Reaction score
Kermit, Miss. Piggy, Bunsen, Beaker, Statlor, Waldorf, Fozzie and Gonzo.

You know how it's widely believed that everything's better with Muppets? This definately put that theory through the wringer. Though still i suppose it's still true. What would have otherwise been a totally intolerable experience had some brief moments of "oh something worth looking back at the screen for".
I would not say that's a "widely believed theory" since as mentioned there were fans of WWE who hated and bashed the idea of the Muppets appearing on Raw. Don't get me wrong I'm a much bigger fan of the Muppets than WWE (and overall I do consider myself a "WWE fan" and for the record no I'm not some dumb inbred hick as it's widely beileve most WWE fans are), but I guess for some people the "Recess princple of these two good tastes taste great together" isn't always the case. But like I said a couple times already it was a WWE show, not a Muppet show, wrestling was suppose to be the main focial point at the end of it.

brkndwnbus

Reaction score
I used to be a pretty big wrestling fan, well, mostly just a Shawn Michaels fan. I haven't watched it in years, but did last night to the Muppets spots. I enjoyed, for the most part, seeing the Muppets, but I didn't find much else interesting. The amount of commercials, and how long the breaks are, really throw off rhythm to the show in my opinion.

AndyWan Kenobi

Reaction score
Well, thank the lords of technology for Tivo. Got to watch the very funny (IMHO) muppet bits without all that wrestling. It's just not my thing. For me, the best part of the whole thing was Kermit's deadpan to the camera: "I thought our show was weird!"

piggyinmanhatte

Reaction score
Not all WWE fans have slammed the idea of the Muppets being on WWE Raw.
Darn tootin', and nice to see a fellow WWE fan on here. Two of my favs together for one night? So happy.
And for anyone wondering that "little guy" Hornswaggle, I'm 99% those are REAL Muppet tattoos he showed Miss Piggy.
Yup, they're real: http://www.wwe.com/inside/overtheropes/hornswoggle-muppets-tattoos

If you didn't watch live, and are seeing the appearance later via Youtube or tape trade edits, you are very lucky. Yikes. This was basically a painful 2 hour reminder of why i never watch wrestling. Suddenly the Jerry Springer show, infomercials, and rich heiress reality shows seem very appealing in comparison.
Ouch, man. Truthfully, I think of wrestling as like any other sport, but with storylines, as though, say, Tebow and Manning have a grudge match.

MaxeyBoy

Reaction score
I'll put my opinions in, as a huge fan of both the Muppets and WWE. I've loved both of them ever since I was young boy, so imagine my anticipation.

I thought every section was pretty good, and the interaction between them was ok. It's not a secret that WWE have always respected the Muppets, they were not about to make them look stupid here. The moment I knew it would be alright was when they had a graphic annoncing they were on, and you could hear the gruff, 'smart', longtime wrestling fans cheer.

I did read that Statler and Waldorf were due to actually commentate on a match, but that match was bumped due to time constraints, so that didn't happen.

Another good sign was both Beaker and Animal were at the ringside area at various points... so the live crowd would have seen the performer in plain sight. In a different time, this might have been booed in the extreme era of 10-15 years ago, but with more families in the house, it was merely accepted for what it was.

We shouldn't forget this was a wrestling show with Muppet guest stars...in that sense, i reckon we (muppet fans) did quite well out of it.

Beauregard

Reaction score
I've actually seen the main Muppet clips and...though I can't say anything of the wooden acting of the WWE guys...but can say that The Muppets themselves were all delightfully in character. Gonzo's reaction to his arm stretching was fun, as was Fozzie's more worried reaction! I thought the Beaker/Shamus bit was brilliant (and now wonder if Beaker is in fact Irish!) Somehow Beaker even managed to bring some real heart into that moment...LOVE. I also enjoyed Piggy being backstage fawning over a guy, only to get the weirder guy trying to kiss her (and liking her Karate chop). Poor Kermit left with a bag over his head :stick_out_tongue:

I also j'adored Piggy's hair and outfit! She looked fantastic in the "EXCUSE MOI???" situation.

Frogpuppeteer

Reaction score
i had to go to my local movie theater a friend worked at because it was the only place that had power...i loved it..i really wanted sweetums to show up and enter the ring but what we got was great too, the beaker moments where amazing