Disney Store Muppet Merchandise Released

Kermieuk

Reaction score
My pepe fozzie and gonzo arrived today from disneystore uk. Pepe is amazing I had a big smile when I lifted him out the box. Fozzie and gonzo are nice too but feel that plastic eyes instead of fabric ones would help so much.
For other uk fans, I spoke to Disney store in Bristol and they said that the plush are online only until the first 1/4 of 2012 when they will be in store. Pretty obvious really as the film is out in feb. hopefully we'll have even more by then. Will probably hold off on getting kermit and piggy til I'm in store as I can then hand pick them!
Chris

Drtooth

Reaction score
I'd be more thrilled about vinylmations if they were individual sculps like the simpsons/futurama/family guy/street fight mini figures. But it's amazing they exist...I mean freaking Waldo! Who woulda thought?
Personally, I dislike the whole Blind Box fad, since Japanese blind box figures are just....soooooo much cooler...

And every single last one of them cost less than a Simpsons/Futurama/Family Guy Kid Robot figure... and at least 3 of them came with Candy. I know Golgo 13 came with chocolate and the Galaxy Express 999 guy came with sweetarts.
The US ain't got crap on the guys that came up with it.

I liked Ratatouie, especially the last act which got to me. Never bought any merch. There was way too much Wall E merch, I mean how can you have cuddly rustic robot stuff? I didnt care too much for the film or toys. (and I usually love robot or futuristic stuff) I couldnt stand, but can respect Toy Story 3. I refuse to even acknowledge the existence of the Cars franchise. I LOVVVVED Chicken Little(which to me had cg on par with pixar at the time) And I dug the Mcdonalds Incredibles toys.
I have to say, other than Disney store or KayBee (because it was just before they closed down) I didn't even see much Wall*e stuff. I did get the Pez... why the heck couldn't they at least have Pez for Up? Even if it was just Dug in a collection of other Pixar characters. I love Pez, and I love collecting them, though there are certain licenses I refuse to buy (Nascar being one, I don't know why I bothered with the Open Season ones, though). Rat had a LOT of stuff, but none of it sold until it hit clearance. Now, I can see Wall*E, Cars, Toy Story, Finding Nemo, Monsters Inc, Incredibles, and Bug's Life as being toyetic. Ratatoullie, while I love that film, seemed too sophisticated to talk to little kids. And I'm sure the fact the rats were more rat like and not Mickey Mouse probably scared people out of buying anything with them on it. However, while I didn't expect to see "walker slashing Carl" action figures... but the fact they didn't even mass produce the PVC line, even though they had the molds and heard that the things were going for a fortune on E-Bay, was just crazy. And the fact it took them so long to make a small, bean bag plush of Dug made no sense to me. They had these huge 2-0 dollar things of the other dogs and those didn't sell at all.

Walter

Reaction score
As far as ratatouille goes, I just got back from Epcot and saw that they had some pretty decent Remy plushes in the France Pavillion.. It's pretty cool, They even have a restauraunt where a little animatronic Remy visits your table!

But anyways back on subject.. Yes, There was alot of Wall-E stuff.. And now that I have seen UP I wish there was more merch for it. Of course, I usually get into movies years after they are released...Mini Nostalgia I guess.. I scoured disney stores last year for incredibles merch.

Drtooth

Reaction score
As far as ratatouille goes, I just got back from Epcot and saw that they had some pretty decent Remy plushes in the France Pavillion.. It's pretty cool, They even have a restauraunt where a little animatronic Remy visits your table!
Worst thing is, I was literally blanketed with Rat stuff... I loved the movie and wanted some toys... all I wound up getting was the 4 Pez, the bean bag of Gusteau, and 2 lollipop push pop type things with tiny little Remy and his brother riding piece of food that are displayed (and connected to the lolli) on little pie servers. I didn't even get the gummy candy in a cookbook that came with a plastic Remy spoon and an actual recipe for Ratatouille written on it. But the stuff cleared out even before the DVD hit, and I wasn't able to grab anything since stuff sells ONLY when it hits clearance. I kinda blame that on why there was no UP stuff. But there was NO excuse for no bean bag of Dug and Kevin upfront.

I will say the Wall*e stuff, when I was it didn't interest me that much... but that's because they felt the need to market every single robot in the film. Not just the fun cute ones that did stuff... the background ones. All I got out of that one was a Green Army Man type little bag of robots. And the Pez. That's all I needed. That stuff took forever to clear out, though. I kinda wish I got the waste basket, ONLY because it was on clearance and had a lid and I always knock mine over.

beaker

Reaction score
It always seems like the kids movies I like the most always has the least(or little to no) merchandise. Not trying to put down shrek, cgi over live action films, cars, etc but the films that connect personally to me(monsters vs aliens, up, emperor's new groove, fantasia 2000, and im assuming the upcoming muppet film) just a handful of tumbleweeds

Frogpuppeteer

Reaction score
i don't man, im not seeing what your talking about...i see the merch its there, the plush, the shirts, the soundtrack, the key chains,the books, the silly bands, the disney pins, the jewelry, the wrist bands, the Halloween costumes, the vynilmation this is the merch of today, when we were kids it was toys beyond toys i know i had it all, but thats the nature of the beast, marketing changes and so do products, the fast food industry was a major toy area and now thats gone too

and we know mores on the way we just need patience..we have been patient this long lets give it another 2 weeks see where all this will go...either way like Drtooth said i always knew it would never escalate outside Disney store stuff

Drtooth

Reaction score
It always seems like the kids movies I like the most always has the least(or little to no) merchandise. Not trying to put down shrek, cgi over live action films, cars, etc but the films that connect personally to me(monsters vs aliens, up, emperor's new groove, fantasia 2000, and im assuming the upcoming muppet film) just a handful of tumbleweeds
Seriously... would it have KILLED someone to make a series of Rango PVC's? Even a premium company like NECA who would have done beautiful sculpts? I couldn't even get the Rango BK figure and had to suffice with Beans and the Rattlesnake. The other 3 "toys" were just AWFUL! A Light up badge, a fake necklace and playing cards?

I'd say more Monsters VS Aliens stuff may just happen IF Nickelodeon picks up the animated series pilot as a series... there's no plans for a sequel because it slightly underperformed in some international market, and apparently that's OH so important. I've seen lots of movies that make more merchandise with the sequel. I don't think the first Madagascar had anything but a figurine set.

Walter

Reaction score
Seriously... would it have KILLED someone to make a series of Rango PVC's? Even a premium company like NECA who would have done beautiful sculpts? I couldn't even get the Rango BK figure and had to suffice with Beans and the Rattlesnake. The other 3 "toys" were just AWFUL! A Light up badge, a fake necklace and playing cards?

I'd say more Monsters VS Aliens stuff may just happen IF Nickelodeon picks up the animated series pilot as a series... there's no plans for a sequel because it slightly underperformed in some international market, and apparently that's OH so important. I've seen lots of movies that make more merchandise with the sequel. I don't think the first Madagascar had anything but a figurine set.
I sure hope so.. Monsters Vs Aliens is one of my favorite movies.. something about it is just so awesome to me :smile: It has a sense of adventure and fun that I'm really hoping Nickelodeon sees and goes on with the show.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Yeah, there was Monsters Vs. Aliens stuff, but they were TRU exclusive, and the movie had huge internet buzz, thus making sure that scalpers would buy them all up and charge a fortune on e-bay. One small figure set included the Steven Colbert voiced President and Bob. Luckily I manged to get Link and the bad guy from the McDonalds kid's meal... never got Dr. Roach, though.

I did see the larger action figures at Kohls, but they were like 13 bucks each. Once they hit clearance after that Christmas, they disappeared quickly.

JJandJanice

Reaction score
You know I have to say...I'm starting to think that some of you guys are expecting a little too much with Muppet merch. I mean there has been a couple mentions of maybe doing a new action figure line of Muppets and I'll tell you right now, that ain't happening. Sorry, but this movie isn't going to give us a Sal to go along with our Palisades Johnny Fiama.

PVCs are a possible and I would like to see it, those plush toys from the Disneystore are amazing, I'm liking some of the shirts. Hey at the moment, let's just be happy with what we're getting now and hopefully more will follow.