Disney Store Muppet Merchandise Released

beaker

Reaction score
i don't man, im not seeing what your talking about...i see the merch its there, the plush, the shirts, the soundtrack, the key chains,the books, the silly bands, the disney pins, the jewelry, the wrist bands, the Halloween costumes, the vynilmation this is the merch of today, when we were kids it was toys beyond toys i know i had it all, but thats the nature of the beast, marketing changes and so do products, the fast food industry was a major toy area and now thats gone too

and we know mores on the way we just need patience..we have been patient this long lets give it another 2 weeks see where all this will go...either way like Drtooth said i always knew it would never escalate outside Disney store stuff
Rubber bands? Vinylmations(repainted mickey figures that have already been out awhile), Icing/Clair'es type tween jewelry...sorry that is not the merch we should be expecting. There needs to be action figures, pvc sets, a plethora of plushes in different sizes, all sorts of books/activity books, school supplies, you name it. Guarantee a lot of it would sell...Im sure many like myself are sick of all the Pixar oversaturation

The fast food industry toy coolness is only gone because(hat tip to Dr Tooth) of overbearing big brother politicians and parent groups it seems

beaker

Reaction score
Seriously... would it have KILLED someone to make a series of Rango PVC's? Even a premium company like NECA who would have done beautiful sculpts? I couldn't even get the Rango BK figure and had to suffice with Beans and the Rattlesnake. The other 3 "toys" were just AWFUL! A Light up badge, a fake necklace and playing cards?

I'd say more Monsters VS Aliens stuff may just happen IF Nickelodeon picks up the animated series pilot as a series... there's no plans for a sequel because it slightly underperformed in some international market, and apparently that's OH so important. I've seen lots of movies that make more merchandise with the sequel. I don't think the first Madagascar had anything but a figurine set.
Rango was visionary. Yeah didnt see any Rango merch. Again proves my point: truly special cgi/kids films for people like you and me doesnt get squat.
Least Robots got some cool merch, the ONLY Fox animated film I like.

There's still hope for a MvA show? There was a pilot? I liked the halloween special, now on dvd. Man I love the heck out of MvA, seriously

beaker

Reaction score
You know I have to say...I'm starting to think that some of you guys are expecting a little too much with Muppet merch. I mean there has been a couple mentions of maybe doing a new action figure line of Muppets and I'll tell you right now, that ain't happening. Sorry, but this movie isn't going to give us a Sal to go along with our Palisades Johnny Fiama.

PVCs are a possible and I would like to see it, those plush toys from the Disneystore are amazing, I'm liking some of the shirts. Hey at the moment, let's just be happy with what we're getting now and hopefully more will follow.
We're not talking Palisades style. **** I wouldnt even buy them if they were like Palisades...Ive sold or given away most my Palisades toys. Im talking both PVC sets(as Disney does for every single film they release) as well as
this 4" style

Why did Gforce deserve a ton of figures, pvcs, toys, plushes, you name it more than Muppets? Thats what Id ask Disney reps

Drtooth

Reaction score
Rango was visionary. Yeah didnt see any Rango merch. Again proves my point: truly special cgi/kids films for people like you and me doesnt get squat.
Least Robots got some cool merch, the ONLY Fox animated film I like.

There's still hope for a MvA show? There was a pilot? I liked the halloween special, now on dvd. Man I love the heck out of MvA, seriously
You know what's great about the Robots toys? You know they didn't do well for this reason...

they weren't recalled.

Made by Mattel, the smaller figures had small magnets in their feet that would later come unglued and the little swallow sized magnets would fall out. The Zoro One Piece figure made by the same company was recalled for that exact reason. And HEH! I got that one just in time too. I refuse to part with it.

I had a couple of those and like the action figure sized Robin Williams character (gah, I forget the name... I need to watch it soon). But then I also got the entire run of Kelloggs cereal figures because they had them for mail order via Keebler.

Rango DESEREVED a Neca figure set like Coraline or Beetlejuice had. Even a large stand alone action figure with working wind up fish.

As for the MVA series, a pilot was ordered... that's the last I heard of it. But since they have a Penguins of Madagascar series and an upcoming Kung Fu Panda one, it should be on the way. Maybe we'll get something out of that, even if it's just kid's meal figures.

We're not talking Palisades style. **** I wouldnt even buy them if they were like Palisades...Ive sold or given away most my Palisades toys. Im talking both PVC sets(as Disney does for every single film they release) as well as
this 4" style
Exactly what I want to see. THAT would sell. A Palisades like line wouldn't last more than one series now, and they'd cost like 18 bucks each. I saw an AMAZING Lion King deluxe figurine set. Had a LOT of characters in it. I wish they'd do something like that. Even if they had one of the standard figure sets. I have a few of them, and I LOVE them. They're very good quality, especially the Jungle Book and Chicken Little sets.

Walter

Reaction score
Yeah, there was Monsters Vs. Aliens stuff, but they were TRU exclusive, and the movie had huge internet buzz, thus making sure that scalpers would buy them all up and charge a fortune on e-bay. One small figure set included the Steven Colbert voiced President and Bob. Luckily I manged to get Link and the bad guy from the McDonalds kid's meal... never got Dr. Roach, though.

I did see the larger action figures at Kohls, but they were like 13 bucks each. Once they hit clearance after that Christmas, they disappeared quickly.
Yeah, I managed to get the TRU cockroach and Ginormica, as well as the mini fig set of cockroach and ginormica.. It's weird that Ginormica is not listed on the back of any of the figures( They had each character's insignia..and susan has an insignia on some party favors.. so they should have counted her..)

I do think a Muppets PVC set from the Disney Store is EXTREMELY likely.. nearly every movie has gotten one.. oh,
and I remember somebody mentioned they couldn't find a good Dug plush.. well here is one that talks and at a decent price!

http://www.toywiz.com/disneyupplushdug.html

*EDIT* oh, it was Dr.Tooth he,he

Drtooth

Reaction score
There's a Dug bean bag at Disney. Took almost a year for it to pop up. Just didn't get around to grabbing it yet.

Makes me wonder, though. By the time this thing is released on DVD, there might be even more stuff. That's why the stakes are high that this movie becomes successful.

goldengonzo

Reaction score
My Pepes should have been here today, but Disney screwed up my address even though it's correct on their website! I think my address is too long for their form and it cut off my APT #. I tried to abbreviate it, but it would auto-correct it to the full version.

I watched the UPS truck drive away.

I called and told them my correct address, but the tracking page still lists it wrong. I bet I'll go to the Disney Store tomorrow and they'll be there and I would have wasted money on the shipping. :frown:

beaker

Reaction score
Finally, today my local Disneystore put up the muppet stuff...sure it was tucked away in the back, but I was absolutely thrilled to get that Pepe. He is pretty much the only muppet plush they had that looks perfect, can't wait for a smaller one. Hopefully the display will be moved to the front of the store with a ton of other new stuff.
Sadly none of the Disney employees seemed to even know who the Muppets were. I showed him Animal, he thought it was suppose to be a caveman. Eeesh, guess the Muppets really have been out of the spotlight awhile! :frown:

beaker

Reaction score
My Pepes should have been here today, but Disney screwed up my address even though it's correct on their website! I think my address is too long for their form and it cut off my APT #. I tried to abbreviate it, but it would auto-correct it to the full version.

I called and told them my correct address, but the tracking page still lists it wrong. I bet I'll go to the Disney Store tomorrow and they'll be there and I would have wasted money on the shipping. :frown:
Aw that sucks. I seem to not get packages now and then. The Muppet Mosaic shirts I ordered from Threadless never got here, as well as some stuff I won on ebay

Drtooth

Reaction score

UPS, there you go. Even the US postal system's much more reliable and cheaper to boot. if it wasn't for these company sweetheart deals, maybe the Post Office wouldn't be facing Armageddon every other year.